Indian Hill 63 Waverly 28 Round 1 Region 16 2018

OldTiger
Freshman Team
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:38 pm

Re: Region 16 #5 Waverly @ #4 Indian Hill

Post by OldTiger » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:06 am

FANOSPORTS wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:24 am
OldTiger wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:18 pm
oldschoolqb13 wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:02 pm


That's awesome! I remember John Thornton from the Bengals very well. Obviously his son can play too if he's going to WVU. If I'm on the Tiger O-line, I'm licking my chops getting to play against such a talent. It sounds like it will be quite a challenge.
Speaking of licking chops...I remember back in 89 when Waverly was playing CAPE that the Waverly D was licking its chops excited to play against Carlos Snow. We all know how that game turned out. Maybe this will be a good incentive to once again rise to the occasion.
Carlos Snow graduated from C.A.P.E. in 87' and along with Vinnie Clarke were both @ Ohio State in 89'. They won State in both 85' and 86' but Ironton did beat them at Ironton in the final game of the reg. season before they won State that year. :?
Hmmmmmm, interesting. Not the information portrayed back then. Maybe it was a tactic. 🤷‍♂️



FANOSPORTS
SEOP
Posts: 3405
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:14 pm
Location: NORTH OF EDEN

Re: Region 16 #5 Waverly @ #4 Indian Hill

Post by FANOSPORTS » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:00 am

OldTiger wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:06 am
FANOSPORTS wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:24 am
OldTiger wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:18 pm


Speaking of licking chops...I remember back in 89 when Waverly was playing CAPE that the Waverly D was licking its chops excited to play against Carlos Snow. We all know how that game turned out. Maybe this will be a good incentive to once again rise to the occasion.
Carlos Snow graduated from C.A.P.E. in 87' and along with Vinnie Clarke were both @ Ohio State in 89'. They won State in both 85' and 86' but Ironton did beat them at Ironton in the final game of the reg. season before they won State that year. :?
Hmmmmmm, interesting. Not the information portrayed back then. Maybe it was a tactic. 🤷‍♂️
It's all good. My grandpa played for Waverly back in the mid to late 1920's. Good luck to the Tigers :D
"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"

TIGER#27
Freshman Team
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:34 am

Re: Region 16 #5 Waverly @ #4 Indian Hill

Post by TIGER#27 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:09 am

OldTiger wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:06 am
FANOSPORTS wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:24 am
OldTiger wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:18 pm


Speaking of licking chops...I remember back in 89 when Waverly was playing CAPE that the Waverly D was licking its chops excited to play against Carlos Snow. We all know how that game turned out. Maybe this will be a good incentive to once again rise to the occasion.
Carlos Snow graduated from C.A.P.E. in 87' and along with Vinnie Clarke were both @ Ohio State in 89'. They won State in both 85' and 86' but Ironton did beat them at Ironton in the final game of the reg. season before they won State that year. :?
Hmmmmmm, interesting. Not the information portrayed back then. Maybe it was a tactic. 🤷‍♂️
I went to school there from 83-87 and Carlos an Vinnie Both were c/o 87.
Attitude, Effort and Hustle
You control that.

Otto
Freshman Team
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:53 am

Re: Region 16 #5 Waverly @ #4 Indian Hill

Post by Otto » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:21 pm

This is a good matchup for Waverly. I think this is a game the Tigers can win if they play to their ability and avoid turnovers.

smurray
SEOP
Posts: 4691
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:52 pm

Re: Region 16 #5 Waverly @ #4 Indian Hill

Post by smurray » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:09 pm

Updated forecast for Saturday:
High of 57 and partly sunny - low overnight in the 40’s.
Should be nice football weather and its on turf.

VetteMan
All State
Posts: 1155
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: Region 16 #5 Waverly @ #4 Indian Hill

Post by VetteMan » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:16 pm

smurray wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:09 pm
Updated forecast for Saturday:
High of 57 and partly sunny - low overnight in the 40’s.
Should be nice football weather and its on turf.
Does everyone seem to be as healthly as they can be at this stage of the season?

smurray
SEOP
Posts: 4691
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:52 pm

Re: Region 16 #5 Waverly @ #4 Indian Hill

Post by smurray » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:25 pm

VetteMan wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:16 pm
smurray wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:09 pm
Updated forecast for Saturday:
High of 57 and partly sunny - low overnight in the 40’s.
Should be nice football weather and its on turf.
Does everyone seem to be as healthly as they can be at this stage of the season?
I think so... One did come out limping in the Logan game, not sure of his status.

Momma
Waterboy
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:29 pm
Location: Huntington Hills

Re: Region 16 #5 Waverly @ #4 Indian Hill

Post by Momma » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:51 pm

I will be making the trip down with a group from Huntington to support Swepston. Anyone know about presage tickets. Another mother and I are taking 5 students from Huntington. Can someone tell me where we could find a shirt as well. I would like to pick a few up if possible.

Also where is a good place to feed these boys. I hope other local school go out and support our local boys.

smurray
SEOP
Posts: 4691
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:52 pm

Re: Region 16 #5 Waverly @ #4 Indian Hill

Post by smurray » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:04 pm

Momma wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:51 pm
I will be making the trip down with a group from Huntington to support Swepston. Anyone know about presage tickets. Another mother and I are taking 5 students from Huntington. Can someone tell me where we could find a shirt as well. I would like to pick a few up if possible.

Also where is a good place to feed these boys. I hope other local school go out and support our local boys.
Waverly Schools has tickets, they are $7.00.
T-shirt’s, Long Sleeves & Hoodies at Dream Love Design and More Than Shirts. You can check them out on Facebook.

smurray
SEOP
Posts: 4691
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:52 pm

Re: Region 16 #5 Waverly @ #4 Indian Hill

Post by smurray » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:24 pm

5AFCE5D1-7460-4979-BDFF-BB36B3D5EC3D.jpeg

smurray
SEOP
Posts: 4691
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:52 pm

Re: Region 16 #5 Waverly @ #4 Indian Hill

Post by smurray » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:26 pm

smurray wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:24 pm
5AFCE5D1-7460-4979-BDFF-BB36B3D5EC3D.jpeg
I used that pic to test how to post pics. It worked

smurray
SEOP
Posts: 4691
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:52 pm

Re: Region 16 #5 Waverly @ #4 Indian Hill

Post by smurray » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:27 pm

B2D65894-4F2B-405A-B222-A221AE44B31A.jpeg
TIGERS ARE COMING FOR YOU

Superman
Waterboy
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:08 pm

Re: Region 16 #5 Waverly @ #4 Indian Hill

Post by Superman » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:06 am

MasterOfNone wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:40 pm
I think the key to this game will be how the Tigers O-Line is able to handle their D-Line. I would say this is easily the best D-Line they have faced all year. They have a DE in Jalen Thornton who has committed to WVU. His father is a former NFL DT, who played 10 seasons with 6 of those with the Bengals. He goes about 6'2 240lbs. I would say Waverly may try to run to the opposite side he is lined up on. And with Waverly liking to throw bubble screens and slants, it could help the line since those are quick passes where they won't be expected to hold the blocks long.
The other side of the line has a kid named Joe Oakes. He is an OU commit. His dad played at Notre Dame and his older brother is playing at UC.

OldTiger
Freshman Team
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:38 pm

Re: Region 16 #5 Waverly @ #4 Indian Hill

Post by OldTiger » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:42 am

smurray wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:25 pm
VetteMan wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:16 pm
smurray wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:09 pm
Updated forecast for Saturday:
High of 57 and partly sunny - low overnight in the 40’s.
Should be nice football weather and its on turf.
Does everyone seem to be as healthly as they can be at this stage of the season?
I think so... One did come out limping in the Logan game, not sure of his status.
They did add JT Barnett to the IR on Friday. He plays OLB. Shoulder injury.

smurray
SEOP
Posts: 4691
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:52 pm

Re: Region 16 #5 Waverly @ #4 Indian Hill

Post by smurray » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:22 am

OldTiger wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:42 am
smurray wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:25 pm
VetteMan wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:16 pm


Does everyone seem to be as healthly as they can be at this stage of the season?
I think so... One did come out limping in the Logan game, not sure of his status.
They did add JT Barnett to the IR on Friday. He plays OLB. Shoulder injury.
Ya, JT is the only one banged up other than the original injuries.

Superman
Waterboy
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:08 pm

Re: Region 16 #5 Waverly @ #4 Indian Hill

Post by Superman » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:26 am

Momma wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:51 pm
Also where is a good place to feed these boys. I hope other local school go out and support our local boys.
What are you looking for good wise? Price wise?

TIGERTOWN87
Waterboy
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:59 am

Re: Region 16 #5 Waverly @ #4 Indian Hill

Post by TIGERTOWN87 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:59 am

It is difficult to compare these two teams. There are no common opponents. I would have to agree that it will come down to the big dogs up front. Can the Waverly Oline handle this very athletic group. I think another big factor will be whether or not the Tiger defense can handle the read option look from Indian Hill. They have two strong, north and south backs, combined with a shifty quarterback.

oldschoolqb13
Riding the Bench
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:52 pm

Re: Region 16 #5 Waverly @ #4 Indian Hill

Post by oldschoolqb13 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:06 pm

Superman wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:06 am
MasterOfNone wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:40 pm
I think the key to this game will be how the Tigers O-Line is able to handle their D-Line. I would say this is easily the best D-Line they have faced all year. They have a DE in Jalen Thornton who has committed to WVU. His father is a former NFL DT, who played 10 seasons with 6 of those with the Bengals. He goes about 6'2 240lbs. I would say Waverly may try to run to the opposite side he is lined up on. And with Waverly liking to throw bubble screens and slants, it could help the line since those are quick passes where they won't be expected to hold the blocks long.
The other side of the line has a kid named Joe Oakes. He is an OU commit. His dad played at Notre Dame and his older brother is playing at UC.
Two D1 kids on the line is a tough task; however, I did talk to Big Country this morning and he's excited for the challenge.

smurray
SEOP
Posts: 4691
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:52 pm

Re: Region 16 #5 Waverly @ #4 Indian Hill

Post by smurray » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:23 pm

Indian Hill lost to Aiken. What kind of offense did Aiken run???

MasterOfNone
Freshman Team
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:25 pm

Re: Region 16 #5 Waverly @ #4 Indian Hill

Post by MasterOfNone » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:34 pm

Here is a breakdown of Weeks 1-10 that helps to compare these two teams:

Indian Hill

Opponents Record: 57-42
Points Scored: 419
Points Allowed: 185
Div. 3 Opponents: 1
Div. 4 Opponents: 3
Div. 5 Opponents: 5
Div. 6 Opponents: 1

Waverly

Opponents Record: 48-52
Points Scored: 354
Points Allowed: 186
Div. 2 Opponents: 1
Div. 4 Opponents: 3
Div. 5 Opponents: 4
Div. 6 Opponents; 2

jspires
Waterboy
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:48 pm

Re: Region 16 #5 Waverly @ #4 Indian Hill

Post by jspires » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:37 pm

I want to wish the Waverly Tigers football Players and Coaches the best of luck. I am proud of YOUR team and what they have done over the past few years. Make all of Pike County proud and come out with the WIN. Kick butt Tigers, like you have done all year. Waverly wins by 14

MasterOfNone
Freshman Team
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:25 pm

Re: Region 16 #5 Waverly @ #4 Indian Hill

Post by MasterOfNone » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:42 pm

smurray wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:23 pm
Indian Hill lost to Aiken. What kind of offense did Aiken run???
http://www.hudl.com/v/2AUqzt

Just in that short clip there, it looked like a good bit of read option. Aiken seemed to be more run heavy than pass, just based off the clip and stats at the end of the video.

smurray
SEOP
Posts: 4691
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:52 pm

Re: Region 16 #5 Waverly @ #4 Indian Hill

Post by smurray » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:34 pm

MasterOfNone wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:42 pm
smurray wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:23 pm
Indian Hill lost to Aiken. What kind of offense did Aiken run???
http://www.hudl.com/v/2AUqzt

Just in that short clip there, it looked like a good bit of read option. Aiken seemed to be more run heavy than pass, just based off the clip and stats at the end of the video.
Thanks
Doesn’t look like a whole lot of visitor seating......

smurray
SEOP
Posts: 4691
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:52 pm

Re: Region 16 #5 Waverly @ #4 Indian Hill

Post by smurray » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:36 pm

MasterOfNone wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:34 pm
Here is a breakdown of Weeks 1-10 that helps to compare these two teams:

Indian Hill

Opponents Record: 57-42
Points Scored: 419
Points Allowed: 185
Div. 3 Opponents: 1
Div. 4 Opponents: 3
Div. 5 Opponents: 5
Div. 6 Opponents: 1

Waverly

Opponents Record: 48-52
Points Scored: 354
Points Allowed: 186
Div. 2 Opponents: 1
Div. 4 Opponents: 3
Div. 5 Opponents: 4
Div. 6 Opponents; 2
Wow, very very similar.....

toast
All State
Posts: 1276
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:10 am

Re: Region 16 #5 Waverly @ #4 Indian Hill

Post by toast » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:39 pm

Weather looking good for Saturday. Anyone know what restaurants are in the Indian Hill area?

Post Reply