Madison 26 Portsmouth 0 Round 1 Region 20 2018

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Region 20 #7 Portsmouth @ #2 Madison

Post by VetteMan »

Yes, you certainly did. I had not seen this at all. I do get on EW quite often. Thanks for posting.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

NIce article on 11W about Talyn. The Trojans certainly would not be a playoff team without him.

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

I couldn't make it when Waverly played the Trojans in the Jamboree game...really wish I would have seen Parker play. I sure remember his Daddy...what a nice player he was and I hear Talyn is better.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

I think if the Trojans bring their A Game they can compete. This will be a tough out though, they will most likely be the toughest team we've faced in a few years.

buckeyenation
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyenation »

Quick players and penetration is key to stopping the wing T. As for the Dline I would run a lot more option but whatever game plan Kalb comes up with it will be a good one. He knows he has to get Talyn in space.

CheeseBurger
Riding the Bench

Post by CheeseBurger »

Lil jojo put it to them man! Refuse to go down! Put ptown on your back!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

buckeyenation wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:19 pm Quick players and penetration is key to stopping the wing T. As for the Dline I would run a lot more option but whatever game plan Kalb comes up with it will be a good one. He knows he has to get Talyn in space.
The only way to beat speed is straight at it. Off guard and tackle should allow him to get moving. 10 yards a pop may turn to 4-5. But that’s fine. Talyn is a tough kid to bring down. And he can bounce it at any time. He may go out and surprise them boys from Madison. I doubt they’ve seen a back like him in a long time.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Other than burg I think Madison is the one of the hardest teams in division 5. Portsmouth got a hard draw. But they can do it. Believe, dig deep and play pissed off. No one expected you to be there, now is the time to smack everyone in the mouth. Give all you have for 48 minutes and I promise you that pain will go away when it hits zero the 4th quarter. Play with a attitude. All year you were counted out. You’re heart is the toughest muscle there is. We believe in you portsmouth. All of you kids worked your butt off.
Last edited by Beergogglebluez on Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Does anyone have a link to any of Madisons games from this year

buckeyenation
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyenation »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:22 pm
buckeyenation wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:19 pm Quick players and penetration is key to stopping the wing T. As for the Dline I would run a lot more option but whatever game plan Kalb comes up with it will be a good one. He knows he has to get Talyn in space.
The only way to beat speed is straight at it. Off guard and tackle should allow him to get moving. 10 yards a pop may turn to 4-5. But that’s fine. Talyn is a tough kid to bring down. And he can bounce it at any time. He may go out and surprise them boys from Madison. I doubt they’ve seen a back like him in a long time.
What speed? They don't have speed they have strong kids. Like I said he will have to find a way to get Talyn in space.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

No one has to tell you guys to give one heck of an effort, that's what you have done all year long for 10 games. People from Portsmouth and the surrounding area are very proud of your never being willing to give up. I think you've just begin to believe that you're a pretty good football team. Just remember, they put there pants on one leg at a time, just like you do. Lets hope both teams have an injury free game.

phstrojans1111
Riding the Bench

Post by phstrojans1111 »

vote for T Parker for Player of the week
http://www.maxpreps.com/news/STmCjTY4mk ... te-now.htm

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

buckeyenation wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:30 pm
What speed? They don't have speed they have strong kids. Like I said he will have to find a way to get Talyn in space.
😂😂😂 That Dline is fast and strong. Just wait. You’ll see what I’m talking about.

buckeyenation
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyenation »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:12 am

😂😂😂 That Dline is fast and strong. Just wait. You’ll see what I’m talking about.
:roll: you're going off last years Burg game that you had no one that could block 38. I've watched all of there games and River valley handles him all night because they had a good tough tackle. Also your experience of running rt at them is from the Burg game and you guys had no one like Parker in the backfield. It will be a tough task for sure but I think we have a chance if we take keep it close into the 4th.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

buckeyenation wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:20 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:12 am
:roll: you're going off last years Burg game that you had no one that could block 38. I've watched all of there games and River valley handles him all night because they had a good tough tackle. Also your experience of running rt at them is from the Burg game and you guys had no one like Parker in the backfield. It will be a tough task for sure but I think we have a chance if we take keep it close into the 4th.
Film is very deceiving. We thought the same thing last year. That Dline with another year under their belt is bound be bigger faster and stronger. I could be wrong. But I doubt it. 😂

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

I would like to see Portsmouth stay in this game and give the Mohawks all they want and then some! The Trojans offensive line gotta play the best game of their year and defense be prepared to be ran at all night . I think if Portsmouth doesn't get wore out and keeps their intensity for 4 quarters just maybe this could be a good game . So best of luck to PHS go gettem boys and play nasty like you've never played before make scioto county proud! And oh yeah great job on defeating Ironton

23tdb
Riding the Bench

Post by 23tdb »

Don't believe Madison has faced a back like Parker, could stir up some trouble for the Mohawks.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

23tdb wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:55 am Don't believe Madison has faced a back like Parker, could stir up some trouble for the Mohawks.
I agree. They will be ready though. They are jumpy too tho. They haven’t seen any real pressure. I think constant timing of blitz’s and shifting on the Dline late can cause them issues again. Burg was very successful with that last year. They should take a page out of that book.

phstrojans1111
Riding the Bench

Post by phstrojans1111 »

will be portsmouth toughest dline face , looking at madison stats https://preps.cincinnati.com/school-sch ... &year=2018
they haven't giving up 100 team rushing yards in any game , in 2 of Portsmouth losses Parker was held under 100 yards West 9-22 , Gallia 15-73
Portsmouth needs to play without any mistakes and their best game run blocking for Parker

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Would love to see Portsmouth cause some trouble for Madison but realistically this game could get out of hand. Madison's defensive line is so physical and honestly on a different level than anyone in DV. I understand that Parker is an exceptional talent but there is no way that Portsmouth gets consistent production from their offensive line for 4 quarters, especially when there is little threat of throwing the ball. Portsmouth has had a fine year, but Madison is a legitimate state champion contender and one player isn't enough to take down a well rounded team like Madison. This may be a good game for a quarter based on both teams offensive schemes but I think a running clock will be the result. No disrespect to Portsmouth, but Madison is just different monster, whether they have played a weak schedule or not.

Return to “Football”