Madison 26 Portsmouth 0 Round 1 Region 20 2018

SWBLguy
Waterboy

Re: Region 20 #7 Portsmouth @ #2 Madison

Post by SWBLguy »

First off, congratulations to portsmouth for making the playoffs. I hope we have an injury free game. I am wondering if parker had any games on a muddy natural grass field. It looks like that's what were going to get when we play saturday night. If you want an example, look at madison vs anna playoff game 1 from last year.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

SWBLguy wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:06 pm First off, congratulations to portsmouth for making the playoffs. I hope we have an injury free game. I am wondering if parker had any games on a muddy natural grass field. It looks like that's what were going to get when we play saturday night. If you want an example, look at madison vs anna playoff game 1 from last year.
You’d have to get the fire hose for a field to look that bad. That’s the plan right?

SWBLguy
Waterboy

Post by SWBLguy »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:33 pm
SWBLguy wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:06 pm First off, congratulations to portsmouth for making the playoffs. I hope we have an injury free game. I am wondering if parker had any games on a muddy natural grass field. It looks like that's what were going to get when we play saturday night. If you want an example, look at madison vs anna playoff game 1 from last year.
You’d have to get the fire hose for a field to look that bad. That’s the plan right?
Na sometimes, in extremely rare occurrences. It falls for free from the sky. Let me go look outside. OH MY GOD. It is doing it again! This is day 3 out of the last 4.

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

Playoff games should be all played on turf!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

SWBLguy wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:43 pm
Na sometimes, in extremely rare occurrences. It falls for free from the sky. Let me go look outside. OH MY GOD. It is doing it again! This is day 3 out of the last 4.
Don’t worry. Week 13 will be on turf.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Congratulations to the Portsmouth Trojans. After reading these posts my conclusion is Wheelersburg is already in regional finals by comments and why are so many Wheelersburg posters commenting on this game. My conclusion is two fold they would like a huge upset but in reality won’t happen and in there minds they our already playing Middletown for shot at State.But congrats to he Trojans on a fine season and anything is possible. Maybe Portsmouth will be in regional finals against someone other than Wheelersburg, anyone thought of that scenario , heaven forbid that maybe Wheelersburg should just be awarded the trophy now.

SWBLguy
Waterboy

Post by SWBLguy »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:01 pm
SWBLguy wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:43 pm

Don’t worry. Week 13 will be on turf.

Dont worry, madison does not attribute its wins or losses to the playing field.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

I believe Portsmouth will give a valiant effort after one but the defense of Middletown will be to much in the end. So good luck to Portsmouth and Middletown and a good sportsmanship played game.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Kinda looks like baiting the Middletown fans on the Portsmouth thread, Also Congrats to the Trimble Cats and maybe Green will match up

Yikes
Riding the Bench

Post by Yikes »

Madison has played a weak schedule but they have pretty much blown out everyone. They are definitely a good team. I believe that the trojans have a very good shot at beating Madison. Madison's varsity has yet to play 4 quarters, let alone 4 hard quarters. The Trojans haven't given up once this year and I don't see them giving this one up. The Trojans were down 21-0 vs ironton and what won the game for Portsmouth was their physicality. They absolutely beat and wore down Ironton. Ironton was dropping like flies and the Trojans kept steam rolling through. This physicality and conditioning advantage can very well take them to wk12. Madison has yet to be tested and a hard punch to the mouth might cause them to piss down their leg. Portsmouth has to play pissed off and ready to wage war. They cannot come out flat. I can see Madison looking ahead at burg and being surprised by the might Trojans. Bring the first wk12 in like 15 years back to P-Town! Go Trojans!

SWBLguy
Waterboy

Post by SWBLguy »

It's hard to imagine anyone over looking anybody at this stage of the season. This will only be madison's 2nd playoff birth. Everyone knows madison has a senior laden team that now has playoff experience. I can assure you that these kids know any game could be their last playing high school football. I dont think any of them are looking ahead to a week 13 matchup like some other fans seem to be for their team.

On a side note, everything I have read from Portsmouth fans on here seem very class act. Everyone just wants these kids to play their best football and leave it all out on the field. This game does not take away anything these teams have accomplished throughout the season. Good luck to you guys.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Very Good Post! Good luck to Portsmouth and Madison. Hope very much that both teams have an injury free game.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Not everybody, seems like one teams fan base has already punched ticket to regional finals,if you read into there posts. but yes most all southeastern fans teams are glad to be playing in playoffs and just plain happy. May I add Trimble will be a force to be reckoned with in Div 7. But good luck to Portsmouth and Middletown and the winner go on and play the awaiting Wheelersburg team in regional finals.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Prime Time wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:03 am Not everybody, seems like one teams fan base has already punched ticket to regional finals,if you read into there posts. but yes most all southeastern fans teams are glad to be playing in playoffs and just plain happy. May I add Trimble will be a force to be reckoned with in Div 7. But good luck to Portsmouth and Middletown and the winner go on and play the awaiting Wheelersburg team in regional finals.
That's because Burg has the best shot of anyone in this area to do so. I hope Portsmouth wins two and plays burg. Furthermore, Fans don't play the game. I think the coaching staff at Burg has proved they don't overlook anyone.

Wburgfan
Waterboy

Post by Wburgfan »

wobycat wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:21 am
Prime Time wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:03 am Not everybody, seems like one teams fan base has already punched ticket to regional finals,if you read into there posts. but yes most all southeastern fans teams are glad to be playing in playoffs and just plain happy. May I add Trimble will be a force to be reckoned with in Div 7. But good luck to Portsmouth and Middletown and the winner go on and play the awaiting Wheelersburg team in regional finals.
That's because Burg has the best shot of anyone in this area to do so. I hope Portsmouth wins two and plays burg. Furthermore, Fans don't play the game. I think the coaching staff at Burg has proved they don't overlook anyone.
I don’t think Wheelersburg fans think it’s already been punched. I think based on recently success with many trips to the finals along with the talent on the current team shows that they have a high likelyhood on making it back but the games have to be played.
That is the same with this game. Many people are picking Madison to win but the game has to be played. Portsmouth has a chance they just need to be disciplined. Penalties and turnovers are something that has to be eliminated against a team like Madison. The good thing is that both teams are run oriented so as long as Portsmouth can sustain drives and flip field position the game with go quick and scores will be at a minimum. This could keep Portsmouth in the game late.

footballelite
Riding the Bench

Post by footballelite »

Portsmouth, enjoy the moment. Take it all in. You get to play a playoff football game with zero pressure. No one is expecting you to win this game. I remember last year people asking who this Madison team was. Never in the playoffs, an 8-2 record with a soft schedule. All they do is run the football. Well obviously they could have very easily ended up in the state championship game and its starting to sound a lot like what people are saying about you. Portsmouth you have earned the right to be playing in this game. Play your hardest for 4 QTRS. Congratulations on an already good season and good luck this weekend. Scioto county is behind you. Go Burg

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Burgfan/grad85 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:54 pm Playoff games should be all played on turf!
They are after 1st round. It’s sad but most teams don’t have it and you can’t punish a team that got in the first four spots but I know what ur taking about!!

14U
S

Post by 14U »

You know Madison has watched films on Portsmouth and will be ready for the run. I would mix it up at first and take them out of their run defense. This D is not something you have seen all year. I don’t care who is running when they put more guys than you in the box. Move them back with some passes because if u pass they will be out of place for good gains. Who can’t keep running Parker 30-40 times a game, this team is gearing up for the run. Madison is big, strong and hits hard with plenty of experience up front.
Last edited by 14U on Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Just about 48 hours until kickoff. I’m excited to make the trip. Haven’t been to a playoff game since 07 when Portsmouth played Licking Heights. Not sure why I haven’t went to any local teams playoff games since then, suppose I just like the radio and warmth of my house lol. I like the positive posts and support from a lot of non Portsmouth posters on here. At the end of the day I’ll root for a local team rival or not, nice to see others do that too!

Who Dey!
victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

I would not be surprised if this Portsmouth team is it the best team Madison has seen all year. I am sure Parker is the best tailback Madison has seen and I am pretty sure Madison will be the best team Portsmouth has played. I was looking at a preseason article on Madison last night. They have 8 back on defense and on offense they have at least 7. The qb and fullback are both back and they lost their halfback to graduation but the Crim kid who starts at lb is now running halfback. They replace 2 on the online but got all 4 defensive lineman back and 2 of their lbs and 2 of their secondary people. One of which is the qb who is very athletic. Their receivers are both kids that saw a lot of playing time last year both being over 6’3. This team is loaded fellas. Portsmouth has to get a hat on people up front to give Parker a seam or a step to have any kind of chance and defensively it would be nice to get a few turnovers. It’s a tall order but I remember in 99 ironton was an 8 seed who played Wyoming in the first round who was highly ranked and nobody gave ironton a chance and they surprised everyone with a 28-0 win. So let’s go Trojans.

Return to “Football”