Bishop Hartley 51 Athens 14 Round 1 Region 11 2018

doubleplay643
S

Re: Region 11 #8 Athens @ #1 Bishop Hartley

Post by doubleplay643 »

Paladin wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:53 am I see my 56-7 prediction was close. No surprise. Was expected. Athens hiding in a weak league gets exposed.
How did Lakeview Cortland do this year?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

doubleplay643 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:02 am
Paladin wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:53 am I see my 56-7 prediction was close. No surprise. Was expected. Athens hiding in a weak league gets exposed.
How did Lakeview Cortland do this year?
The AAC is no different than Athens, Jackson, and Gallia. God help Canfield vs Hartley. The only good team ever from there was the 99 Poland team and that was an AAC all star team

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

93Bulldog wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:42 am
FANOSPORTS wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:55 am The kids on that team play their hind ends off every week like most high school kids do and leave it on the field with blood, sweat and tears year after year and are very skilled and good at what they do so I'm not "referring" to them in any way , shape or form. As far as cheering on a team to lose when they're down 30 is not correct. On this thread during the game i made 2 posts that referenced a score, at 7-0 and when it was 24-14 so i don't know where you got that. I'll leave it at that. Classless is putting a running clock on 4 teams and almost 3 others during regular seasons playing teams in smaller divisions. Someone needs to look in the mirror. Have a good day :D
Look in the mirror? I'm not a coach, I have absolutely nothing to do with the team. Heck, I only got to see Athens play a few times this year.
Not you, I know you're not a coach. I stated someone and you apparently did read between the lines though. It is what it is and we can all agree to disagree but again I will never on here say anything bad about a high school athlete as I was one a long time ago and know what effort and sacrifice it takes yearly to be on a field, court or mat during those years. :D

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:14 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:55 am The kids on that team play their hind ends off every week like most high school kids do and leave it on the field with blood, sweat and tears year after year and are very skilled and good at what they do so I'm not "referring" to them in any way , shape or form. As far as cheering on a team to lose when they're down 30 is not correct. On this thread during the game i made 2 posts that referenced a score, at 7-0 and when it was 24-14 so i don't know where you got that. I'll leave it at that. Classless is putting a running clock on 4 teams and almost 3 others during regular seasons playing teams in smaller divisions. Someone needs to look in the mirror. Have a good day :D
Look in the mirror? I'm not a coach, I have absolutely nothing to do with the team. Heck, I only got to see Athens play a few times this year.
Not you, I know you're not a coach. I stated someone and you apparently did read between the lines though. It is what it is and we can all agree to disagree but again I will never on here say anything bad about a high school athlete as I was one a long time ago and know what effort and sacrifice it takes yearly to be on a field, court or mat during those years. :D
Just so we’re clear, those in game scores you referenced came with your usual negative drivel about Athens. “Game, set, match. 7-0” ring a bell? You’re pathetic. Maybe take your ideals of not cutting down kids and apply that to the SCHOOL those said kids play for. For weeks all you’ve done is degrade and cut down those kids school on almost every stinking thread you pollute. Grow up man

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

6-4-3=2o wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:10 pm

Just so we’re clear, those in game scores you referenced came with your usual negative drivel about Athens. “Game, set, match. 7-0” ring a bell? You’re pathetic. Maybe take your ideals of not cutting down kids and apply that to the SCHOOL those said kids play for. For weeks all you’ve done is degrade and cut down those kids school on almost every stinking thread you pollute. Grow up man
Yep, don't like Athens being in the TVC along with about 100 other people on this forum and a few other hundred that aren't on preps or any other social media. See ya next year. 8-)

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

Final?

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Rvfan wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:52 pmFinal?
Hartley 51 - Athens 14

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Bishop Hartley 51 Athens 14 Round 1 Region 11 2018

Post by mattash »

Bishop Hartley 51 Athens 14

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Bishop Hartley 51 Athens 14

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
moorelukas
Riding the Bench

Post by moorelukas »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:22 pm

Yep, don't like Athens being in the TVC along with about 100 other people on this forum and a few other hundred that aren't on preps or any other social media. See ya next year. 8-)
The idea that the only reason Athens has success in football is because of their school size shows a complete lack of understanding of how this sport works. Athens isn't just a bunch of elite athletes running over smaller schools who have no chance, look who won the conference the last two years, a division 6 school. Vinton County is comparable in school size, 318 boys for Athens- 246 for Vinton County, and they have some elite athletes (just look at basketball) yet Athens blitzed VC 42-13. Football is so much more than athletic ability, and Athens simply executes better than the rest of the TVC right now. They execute better blocking schemes, they run crisper routes, they stick to their gap assignments on defense, they have a more diversified playbook. Athens beat Logan this year (who has 500 boys) because they are a better team and program. School size matters some, but really it is a weak excuse. If Trimble played in the TVC-Ohio you wouldn't hear a word of complaint about school size because they would be the second best team in the conference and might win the thing every couple years, and Trimble only has 95 boys. Taking away these kids accomplishments and their hard work by saying that they only win because of school size is ridiculous.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:53 pm
Rvfan wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:52 pmFinal?
Hartley 51 - Athens 14
The bullpuppies and most of the rest of southeastern Ohio football was exposed this past weekend! :mrgreen:

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

moorelukas wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:39 am

The idea that the only reason Athens has success in football is because of their school size shows a complete lack of understanding of how this sport works. Athens isn't just a bunch of elite athletes running over smaller schools who have no chance, look who won the conference the last two years, a division 6 school. Vinton County is comparable in school size, 318 boys for Athens- 246 for Vinton County, and they have some elite athletes (just look at basketball) yet Athens blitzed VC 42-13. Football is so much more than athletic ability, and Athens simply executes better than the rest of the TVC right now. They execute better blocking schemes, they run crisper routes, they stick to their gap assignments on defense, they have a more diversified playbook. Athens beat Logan this year (who has 500 boys) because they are a better team and program. School size matters some, but really it is a weak excuse. If Trimble played in the TVC-Ohio you wouldn't hear a word of complaint about school size because they would be the second best team in the conference and might win the thing every couple years, and Trimble only has 95 boys. Taking away these kids accomplishments and their hard work by saying that they only win because of school size is ridiculous.
I think most of us that ever suited up understand how football works. As far as Trimble goes they have been doing the same thing since Paul Culver (Retired HOF coach from Sheridan) started and changed the whole culture down there in the mid 70's and they haven't looked back since and It's not just in football but most sports with very little to work with as far as property tax $, schools, facilities and such. I believe it is one of the poorest school districts in the state monetarily and has always been small in numbers , does more with less, play harder and have more work ethic IMO than most of the schools in the state. School size does matter and is not a weak excuse when you're the biggest school in a conference just by sheer numbers alone for starters and why would you hear complaints if Trimble was in the Ohio , they'd be playing "up" against larger schools ? That doesn't equate when Athens is playing "down" against smaller schools 1, 2 and 3 divisions below ? Trimble's kids would probably love to play Athens yearly if you'd ask them. Logan is bigger than Athens by 1 division and we all know you beat that 1-9 Logan team that has been struggling with numerous things athletically the past few years and you only won by 7. I wonder if Logan will still be on the schedule in a few years when they are back to normalcy ? It has nothing at all to do with the kids that play and sacrifice everyday but just keep winning the all- sports trophy every year in the TVC because us old timers know it didn't happen in the old conference. I did see where Waverly and Jackson are on the schedule for next year, that's a step in the right direction. Have a great day !!!!!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

moorelukas wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:39 am

Competitive balance adjusts Athens number to 334 and VC to 252. Football is hard to understand sometimes. Ny continuously wins as a smaller team in a larger conference and Trimble would do the same if they were in the Ohio Division. Crooksville on the other hand has been a smaller school in a larger conference and has struggled. Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason behind how things work. The old timers will always look at Athens success as a result of them leaving the Seoal. I agree to a certain extent but the burrow years are an exception. They would’ve beaten whoever, wherever, whenever during that span. Personally, I think Athens is a bit large for the TVC as a whole as VC is a county school and it does have an impact. Meigs, Alex, RV are eight around 200-210 inn numbers. As the location of the bulldogs go, they’re right in the middle of the TVC. They offer great facilities and competition in every sport. If a team can beat Athens in whatever sport it may be, it means something. They are the standard for the TVC Ohio. Will they be forever? Probably not. But for now, people will take issue because of numbers only. I hear continuously that the only reason Athens wins at everything is because of their size. No Jen has an excuse or theory as to why NY has won half of the TVC Ohio championships. Many years they were the smallest school.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I heard if you take the freshman out, Athens only had 30 some dressing. With what was going both ways that sort of looks like 40% of their players were sold. Not bad numbers.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

noreply66 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:52 pm I heard if you take the freshman out, Athens only had 30 some dressing. With what was going both ways that sort of looks like 40% of their players were sold. Not bad numbers.
Athens dressed 45 kids for the playoff game. Two of them were freshman. The only non senior or non junior that participated in the game were sophomores Gail and Moore.

*edit - It was 44 kids, I forgot that senior Barga did not dress.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I know when I watched them this year they had 11 on the field and 25 was dressed on the side lines. Three that looked like they might have been players [injuries]

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

noreply66 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:52 pm I heard if you take the freshman out, Athens only had 30 some dressing. With what was going both ways that sort of looks like 40% of their players were sold. Not bad numbers.
Athens has 55. I think 12 of those are freshman. Most of the freshman don’t travel

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:06 pm
Athens has 55. I think 12 of those are freshman. Most of the freshman don’t travel
At least 3 of that 55 have quit since the roster came out in the Blitz. Only 2 frosh traveled this season.

Return to “Football”