Wheelersburg 52 Portsmouth West 7 Round 1 Region 20 2018

JTEK
All State

Re: Region 20 #8 Portsmouth West @ #1 Wheelersburg

Post by JTEK »

The pirate indian wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:34 pm That video was pretty sweet! But I have to ask, where is skyrocket media? They dropped fantastic videos week in and week out last year. We need a call to arms for skyrocket media lol missing touch to this season so far.
May be wrong but I believe he might have left the area

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

We must have been late on his recruitment payments

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

I don't feel the love for Jackson's field. Portsmouth is nicer then I would say Burg. Parking at Portsmouth is hard but Jackson's parking is horrible.

96stroker
JV Team

Post by 96stroker »

The Nature Boy wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:24 pm I don't feel the love for Jackson's field. Portsmouth is nicer then I would say Burg. Parking at Portsmouth is hard but Jackson's parking is horrible.
Jackson Parking horrible Explain?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Must be the 2.00 dollars. Jackson parking compared to Portsmouth is great.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

The Nature Boy wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:24 pm I don't feel the love for Jackson's field. Portsmouth is nicer then I would say Burg. Parking at Portsmouth is hard but Jackson's parking is horrible.
Portsmouth has a nice facility. Jackson has awesome facilities. The parking at Jackson is nice as well. I just don’t like paying to park.. haha

buckeyenation
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyenation »

:lol:
Hylander wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:51 pm New topic.

How much do you think the new(ish) facilities at Wheelersburg have to do with kids wanting to play there? I remember seeing West win by four scores at the Ed right before the remodel in 2011 (pretty sure the last game played on grass there), and there was no discussion of recruiting then.

I think Wheelersburg has the best facility in the area, hands down, and that is the biggest advantage they have on every other school.
Portsmouth campus puts the Burgs to shame. Valleys does also. Good luck Siders

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Burgs atmosphere is very hard to match during a big game

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

buckeyenation wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:14 pm :lol:
Hylander wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:51 pm New topic.

How much do you think the new(ish) facilities at Wheelersburg have to do with kids wanting to play there? I remember seeing West win by four scores at the Ed right before the remodel in 2011 (pretty sure the last game played on grass there), and there was no discussion of recruiting then.

I think Wheelersburg has the best facility in the area, hands down, and that is the biggest advantage they have on every other school.
Portsmouth campus puts the Burgs to shame. Valleys does also. Good luck Siders
Campus or athletic complex? Portsmouth’s athletic complex is hard to beat. But the campus, which includes schools are just ok. It’s hard to watch a football game anywhere after you’ve been to the Ed for a game. That’s why it’s the “crown jewel” of the southern Ohio conference!

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Cato
Riding the Bench

Post by Cato »

I thought it was Ed Miller Stadium?

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I think if you ad atmosphere into this conversation Ed Miller Stadium is one of the premier places to play a game in Southern Ohio.

Portsmouth has a beautiful facility. Probably my favorite. But you are so far from the field. Valley is the Same way. Jackson has everything but atmosphere nailed.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

09A16147-BF22-4FEE-9E5D-C76782DA7BCD.jpeg

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:49 am 09A16147-BF22-4FEE-9E5D-C76782DA7BCD.jpeg
Yeah and all you got to do is sell out on your community and friends you grew up and grinded with for a hollow championship that will never mean as much as it would if you earned success with your friends, and community you were born and raised in.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

FalconFever02 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:52 am
Mad-Dogg wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:49 am 09A16147-BF22-4FEE-9E5D-C76782DA7BCD.jpeg
Yeah and all you got to do is sell out on your community and friends you grew up and grinded with for a hollow championship that will never mean as much as it would if you earned success with your friends, and community you were born and raised in.
Then send back the couple of burg kids you took.

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

wobycat wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:00 am
FalconFever02 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:52 am
Then send back the couple of burg kids you took.
Who would that be?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I can think of three in the higher levels right now that started out at Burg. Won't mention names, but two are really really good in Baseball for sure.

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

wobycat wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:28 am I can think of three in the higher levels right now that started out at Burg. Won't mention names, but two are really really good in Baseball for sure.
Yeah ok I know who you are talking about now or at least one. And he could be really good at football too but his parents hold him back making him quit because he’s not a starter. That’s where I’ll give Burg credit the parents push them to get better at minford the parents cry to everyone n if they don’t get what they want they move their kids to another school n the kid gets the same amount of playing time.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

BondRoad Bandit wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:34 am
wobycat wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:28 am I can think of three in the higher levels right now that started out at Burg. Won't mention names, but two are really really good in Baseball for sure.
Yeah ok I know who you are talking about now or at least one. And he could be really good at football too but his parents hold him back making him quit because he’s not a starter. That’s where I’ll give Burg credit the parents push them to get better at minford the parents cry to everyone n if they don’t get what they want they move their kids to another school n the kid gets the same amount of playing time.
He's a really good athlete in general and a great kid. From my understanding, He is happy out there. I am for the kid not the program. Burg's programs have always been pretty good over the years regardless who comes who stays. That's why it irks me when people tag the success because of athletes moving in.

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

wobycat wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:52 am
BondRoad Bandit wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:34 am
He's a really good athlete in general and a great kid. From my understanding, He is happy out there. I am for the kid not the program. Burg's programs have always been pretty good over the years regardless who comes who stays. That's why it irks me when people tag the success because of athletes moving in.
Yeah he is that’s why I hate when parents get involved too much because it can hurt the kid.

CheeseBurger
Riding the Bench

Post by CheeseBurger »

Tell me we didn’t really make the boys band quit to keep us in d5. If that is the case we are sweet. I did enjoy watching the band this year they might be 0-10 but #1 in our hearts. We have do whatever we can to remain in d5. Doubt we would make it out of our region in d4 or d3. we can be d5 champs!

Return to “Football”