Granville 38 Jackson 7 Round 1 Region 11 2018

CheeseBurger
Riding the Bench

Re: Region 11 #7 Jackson @ #2 Granville

Post by CheeseBurger »

I have 1 question! Are you ready for some football? Thank goodness we don’t have to play in the “fun sized” stadium. There was no way it would have held Jackson’s gang. What kind of vittles do they got up yonder? I’d like to fetch me sum buffet.

coyote26
Riding the Bench

Post by coyote26 »

Where is the best place to park at Newark?

CheeseBurger
Riding the Bench

Post by CheeseBurger »

coyote26 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:04 pm Where is the best place to park at Newark?
That’s that yankee hospitality we should pack our dinner and park in our trucks! What is a blue ace? I will bet they will have to add a third team color after Jackson plays them....#blackandblueaces

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

coyote26 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:04 pm Where is the best place to park at Newark?
If you're going 70 to 79N to Newark take the Main street exit to the right after you go thru Heath and the Mall area and go right at the top of the knoll. Once you turn right there's a "Y" in the road, go left there and the stadium is on your left and you can turn left by the fence at the stadium and you'll be right behind the visitors bleachers parking in the grass. You can park around on main st. but this is easier to park inside the stadium.(There are plenty of restaurants on 79 in Heath, just before the exit listed above).

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
coyote26
Riding the Bench

Post by coyote26 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:27 pm
If you're going 70 to 79N to Newark take the Main street exit to the right after you go thru Heath and the Mall area and go right at the top of the knoll. Once you turn right there's a "Y" in the road, go left there and the stadium is on your left and you can turn left by the fence at the stadium and you'll be right behind the visitors bleachers parking in the grass. You can park around on main st. but this is easier to park inside the stadium.(There are plenty of restaurants on 79 in Heath, just before the exit listed above).
Thanks

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

coyote26 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:31 pm
Thanks
No problem :D

CheeseBurger
Riding the Bench

Post by CheeseBurger »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:32 pm

Thanks
Thanks leather neck and for your service!

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

I was told by a friend a couple days ago that Granville was trying to move the game to the turf at White Field in Newark. Knowing I frequent the message boards I was sworn to secrecy. So I thought I would just stoke the fire and keep talking bout how muddy their field was :) The Gallia move bumped up the talk.

Don't be surprised (if we get inches of rain the next few days) if other games on grass/mud get moved.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

CheeseBurger wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:57 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:32 pm

Thanks
Thanks leather neck and for your service!
My pleasure as I felt it my duty to serve this great country. SALUTE :)

Sunoco
Riding the Bench

Post by Sunoco »

Jackson 28-21. We have to run the ball effectively, manage the clock and keep them from throwing down the middle of the field.

BillC
Riding the Bench

Post by BillC »

teach1coach2 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:34 pm I was told by a friend a couple days ago that Granville was trying to move the game to the turf at White Field in Newark. Knowing I frequent the message boards I was sworn to secrecy. So I thought I would just stoke the fire and keep talking bout how muddy their field was :) The Gallia move bumped up the talk.

Don't be surprised (if we get inches of rain the next few days) if other games on grass/mud get moved.
The game is definitely moved to White Field.

CheeseBurger
Riding the Bench

Post by CheeseBurger »

BillC wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:50 pm
teach1coach2 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:34 pm I was told by a friend a couple days ago that Granville was trying to move the game to the turf at White Field in Newark. Knowing I frequent the message boards I was sworn to secrecy. So I thought I would just stoke the fire and keep talking bout how muddy their field was :) The Gallia move bumped up the talk.

The game is definitely moved to White Field.
This move makes more sense if you are A blue ace. They would not want to play Jackson in a mud bowl. Jackson would have beat them down literally in the mud by 2 or 3 scores. This evens out the match gonna me a ballgame now!

jmarcum23
Waterboy

Post by jmarcum23 »

Granville fan here (son is in the Marching band). Lived here for 6 years, native of Kenova, WV. Our band played in your Apple festival last month. Here's a little about our team: We are playing well under our 1st year head coach (Justin Buttermore), google him, and you will see that he led Tri-Valley to the state championship game last year, and was a very successful coach there over the past 10 yrs or so. His son plays safety for Granville, is small in statue, but plays a very good centerfield. You will also be impressed with #35 at LB. Buttermore took over an offensive minded team, and has brought his defense first mentality to the team. They play very sound defense led by #35(Wolfe) and #2 (Buttermore). On offense, they are led by #7 Cameron Crouch at QB. His brother was the starting QB for Illinois last year when they played Ohio State. He is very accurate under most playing conditions, even in the monsoon last week. Hopefully he will be at Newarks field as well. Our starting RB coming into the year was #4 Haley, he missed a few games for injury, and was surpassed by #20 Van Meter. He is a small but solid kid with some speed. Our WR's are okay, and #1 is very fast. One week we are a pass first offense, and the next week we are run first. One thing we've done well under Buttermore is half time adjustments. A few games have been close at halftime, only to come out with clearly the better coach after halftime. I've been really impressed with his adjustments in game, and he has shown why he was sooooo successful at Tri-Valley (Zanesville) in the past. I know nothing about your team except from the scores i've seen, and tried to compare your opponents against some of our comparable opponents. It sounds like we will have a very good game on our hands. Please stick around at halftime and enjoy our band, they are really good and dedicated to their program as well. As far as parking, there are plenty of places around the field to park. And lots of places on SR-79 south of the stadium to eat. Newark has a really nice field and facilities. Enjoy the game, and safe travels!
Last edited by jmarcum23 on Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jmarcum23
Waterboy

Post by jmarcum23 »

oh almost forgot: My prediction---Granville in a close game pulling away at the end.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

jmarcum23 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:00 pm Granville fan here (son is in the Marching band). Lived here for 6 years, native of Kenova, WV. Our band played in your Apple festival last month. Here's a little about our team: We are playing well under our 1st year head coach (Justin Buttermore), google him, and you will see that he led Tri-Valley to the state championship game last year, and was a very successful coach there over the past 10 yrs or so. His son plays safety for Granville, is small in statue, but plays a very good centerfield. You will also be impressed with #35 at LB. Buttermore took over an offensive minded team, and has brought his defense first mentality to the team. They play very sound defense led by #35(Wolfe) and #2 (Buttermore). On offense, they are led by #7 Cameron Crouch at QB. His brother was the starting QB for Illinois last year when they played Ohio State. He is very accurate under most playing conditions, even in the monsoon last week. Hopefully he will be at Newarks field as well. Our starting RB coming into the year was #4 Haley, he missed a few games for injury, and was surpassed by #20 Van Meter. He is a small but solid kid with some speed. Our WR's are okay, and #1 is very fast. One week we are a pass first offense, and the next week we are run first. One thing we've done well under Buttermore is half time adjustments. A few games have been close at halftime, only to come out with clearly the better coach after halftime. I've been really impressed with his adjustments in game, and he has shown why he was sooooo successful at Tri-Valley (Zanesville) in the past. I know nothing about your team except from the scores i've seen, and tried to compare your opponents against some of our comparable opponents. It sounds like we will have a very good game on our hands. Please stick around at halftime and enjoy our band, they are really good and dedicated to their program as well. As far as parking, there are plenty of places around the field to park. And lots of places on SR-79 south of the stadium to eat. Newark has a really nice field and facilities. Enjoy the game, and safe travels!
Great rundown of your team. Thank You

We remember your band...there were outstanding. My kid is in Jackson band. Maybe they can race at halftime for a 3 point bonus on the scoreboard lol

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

jmarcum23 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:03 pm oh almost forgot: My prediction---Granville in a close game pulling away at the end.
And the “quarterback’s brother was the starting QB at Illinois and the state championship coach from Tri Valley

....I don’t like those things

CheeseBurger
Riding the Bench

Post by CheeseBurger »

jmarcum23 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:00 pm Granville fan here (son is in the Marching band). Lived here for 6 years, native of Kenova, WV. Our band played in your Apple festival last month. Here's a little about our team: We are playing well under our 1st year head coach (Justin Buttermore), google him, and you will see that he led Tri-Valley to the state championship game last year, and was a very successful coach there over the past 10 yrs or so. His son plays safety for Granville, is small in statue, but plays a very good centerfield. You will also be impressed with #35 at LB. Buttermore took over an offensive minded team, and has brought his defense first mentality to the team. They play very sound defense led by #35(Wolfe) and #2 (Buttermore). On offense, they are led by #7 Cameron Crouch at QB. His brother was the starting QB for Illinois last year when they played Ohio State. He is very accurate under most playing conditions, even in the monsoon last week. Hopefully he will be at Newarks field as well. Our starting RB coming into the year was #4 Haley, he missed a few games for injury, and was surpassed by #20 Van Meter. He is a small but solid kid with some speed. Our WR's are okay, and #1 is very fast. One week we are a pass first offense, and the next week we are run first. One thing we've done well under Buttermore is half time adjustments. A few games have been close at halftime, only to come out with clearly the better coach after halftime. I've been really impressed with his adjustments in game, and he has shown why he was sooooo successful at Tri-Valley (Zanesville) in the past. I know nothing about your team except from the scores i've seen, and tried to compare your opponents against some of our comparable opponents. It sounds like we will have a very good game on our hands. Please stick around at halftime and enjoy our band, they are really good and dedicated to their program as well. As far as parking, there are plenty of places around the field to park. And lots of places on SR-79 south of the stadium to eat. Newark has a really nice field and facilities. Enjoy the game, and safe travels!
Nice post! What I have seen on film your post is highly accurate. The defense line and backers are stout however the the secondary is very suspect we will attack “little” buttermore. Might be his own son that decides it in this one. Jackson has the most underestimated passing attack around you will be surprised at his arm strength for a buck80 guy Ice has to be strong in the weight room tough kid. Jackson will not give up under pressure or if things get bad! I like how you think the one running back coming back is going to make a difference. Jackson has 4 starters back on defense. 3 of them were out when they played wheelersburg. Let me tell you right now they played burg this week I don’t know if burg would win. Jackson has the depth and talent to play with any d3 team. That’s what Granville is up against they will be hit harder and more often this week than any other. Jackson will get to crouch early and often. I would not be surprised to see Granville beat up and tapping out by the 4th quarter.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:51 pm
jmarcum23 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:03 pm oh almost forgot: My prediction---Granville in a close game pulling away at the end.
And the “quarterback’s brother was the starting QB at Illinois and the state championship coach from Tri Valley

What he didn't tell you is that Chase (the older brother) played at Newark Catholic in high school. :D

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Cheeseburger,
I'm a Tri-Valley guy and can assure you that no Buttermore coached team is going to tap out. I watched Bo Buttermore play for Tri-Valley varsity his freshmen and sophomore seasons and he is one of the smartest football players you will see and hits like a linebacker. Granville beat Johnstown and I have trouble believing you are going to be more physical than them. Granville will be motivated to get the school's first playoff win and they got it moved to turf to take advantage of their speed.

It's week 11 and hard to compare teams who have played different opponents, but I have a hard time seeing anyone quitting in the 4th quarter no matter the score. Those teams don't usually see week 11.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:08 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:51 pm

What he didn't tell you is that Chase (the older brother) played at Newark Catholic in high school. :D
Yeah his brother beat a very good Lucasville Valley team in the playoffs his senior year

Return to “Football”