Re: Will Bartum Stay at Meigs?

Post by Fonzie » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:03 pm
Sunoco wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:55 pm
Fonzie wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:28 pm
The only rumors out there are started from people who want him to leave for their own personal reasons. Bartrum has the support of administration. He isn't going anywhere unless it is his wish to depart.
I agree plus he won't leave until his youngest son graduates.
Yep, agree. Also it's a known pattern in Meigs County that you coach your kid and then you leave. Just being honest. It's provable. I think it's sad & selfish but what are you going to do. Difficult to build anything with coaches going in and out of a revolving door. Beside, Bartrum is King of Meigs County. That's a joke. :lol:
Not creating an argument, I will not dispute what you say is provable. But I would like some examples. I've been away just long enough to lose touch with parent coaches. So who got out of dodge right after their kid left?

VetteMan
All State

Post by VetteMan » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:26 pm

How many years has Bartrum coached at Meigs? Also how many sons has he had that played at Meigs, or is still playing for Meigs?

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:35 pm

Not to stir the pot but didn't coach Bartrum barely get hired in on a 2-1 vote last spring at the Meigs BOE meeting?

VetteMan
All State

Post by VetteMan » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:50 pm

footballfan wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:35 pm
Not to stir the pot but didn't coach Bartrum barely get hired in on a 2-1 vote last spring at the Meigs BOE meeting?
Just asking because I do not know. You may be right, not doubting what you say. Is there only 3 people on the BOE at all schools, or can it vary by what number the school wants?

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:47 pm

VetteMan wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:50 pm
footballfan wrote:
Just asking because I do not know. You may be right, not doubting what you say. Is there only 3 people on the BOE at all schools, or can it vary by what number the school wants?
This was copied from the daily sentinel last may 9th.
In other business, the board approved the hiring of Jeremy Hill as the varsity boys basketball coach. Hill, who previously coached at Eastern High School, will replace Ed Fry who resigned earlier this year.
Mike Bartrum was rehired as the varsity football coach in a 3-1 vote, with board member Todd Snowden voting against the hiring.

Sorry I was off by one. It was 3-1. Still surprised a legend in Meigs County like Coach Bartrum wouldn't have been 4-0.

Chuck Finley
Riding the Bench

Post by Chuck Finley » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:30 pm

MarauderMadness wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:59 pm
There really is no reason for him to leave. He has done a good job of leading young men. Have the adults all liked the way he has done it? Doubtful, but who really cares? Parents and "fans" need to step back and stay away.
Your comment totally applies to the boys varsity basketball coach from last season. And where is he? Run off by a group spear-headed by the aforementioned “King”. Fry was actually a “proven winner” not a mediocre coach coasting on past glories and political influence.

Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Ironman92 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:42 pm

Here we go!

baldeagle6
Waterboy

Post by baldeagle6 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:45 pm

In all honesty everyone is just surrounded by the last name of bartrum. Idk his career record but it's definetly one of the worst in the history of the school.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:53 pm

I am curious, what is his record.
I know they haven't won any titles, but what is his coaching record. It can't be that great.
The 2019 payback tour is coming to a town near you soon!
The Tradition continues
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

FANOSPORTS
SEOP

Post by FANOSPORTS » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:01 pm

Orange and Brown wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:53 pm
I am curious, what is his record.
I know they haven't won any titles, but what is his coaching record. It can't be that great.
I think he started in 2012, so that would be 7 years. Meigs record during that time: 33-37
"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"

Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Ironman92 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:27 pm

Before this goes completely to trash i will say that in my time around Mike Bartrum over the past few years (basketball related) that he is one of the most upstanding guys that I have met. From what I’ve witnessed I couldn’t fathom not wanting him leading young men.

Just my opinion

BlizzardMan
All State

Post by BlizzardMan » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:15 pm

Ironman92 wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:27 pm
Before this goes completely to trash i will say that in my time around Mike Bartrum over the past few years (basketball related) that he is one of the most upstanding guys that I have met. From what I’ve witnessed I couldn’t fathom not wanting him leading young men.

Just my opinion
He just bought a van for the family of one of his players who was in a car accident last week and is believed to be permanently paralyzed. He didn't boast, just did it.That tells you who he is. He uses his clout from time to time, but he also is a very selfless individual.

Yes his playbook is complicated, but I think too much beefing up of the schedule is the biggest issue. On another note, Ty Bartrum is a very special player and I boldly predict that before it is all said and done, he might end up being the best Marauder football player in history. I think he is that good and has that much potential honestly. I'd look for Coach Bartrum to take a shot at a bigger role in Meigs athletics should the chance come about again. Until then, he will coach football.

VetteMan
All State

Post by VetteMan » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:55 am

footballfan wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:47 pm
VetteMan wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:50 pm
footballfan wrote:
This was copied from the daily sentinel last may 9th.
In other business, the board approved the hiring of Jeremy Hill as the varsity boys basketball coach. Hill, who previously coached at Eastern High School, will replace Ed Fry who resigned earlier this year.
Mike Bartrum was rehired as the varsity football coach in a 3-1 vote, with board member Todd Snowden voting against the hiring.

Sorry I was off by one. It was 3-1. Still surprised a legend in Meigs County like Coach Bartrum wouldn't have been 4-0.
I wasn't doubting what you said at all. I know nothing at all about Coach Bartrum. I was just wondering about whether it was an even number or an
uneven number of people on a school board. If it was an even number, how would a tie vote be decided? Thanks for your response.

Chuck Finley
Riding the Bench

Post by Chuck Finley » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:04 am

Ironman92 wrote:

Just my opinion
Spend some more time. And don’t tell him no or disagree with him in any way and I am sure it is all rainbows and butterflies.

Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Ironman92 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:08 am

Chuck Finley wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:04 am
Ironman92 wrote:

Just my opinion
Spend some more time. And don’t tell him no or disagree with him in any way and I am sure it is all rainbows and butterflies.
I have a feeling I’d get along a lot better with him than you do.

Whynotus18
Waterboy

Post by Whynotus18 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:11 am

How many times has Coach Bartrum made the playoffs?

Ed Ott
Freshman Team

Post by Ed Ott » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:14 am

Whynotus18 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:11 am
How many times has Coach Bartrum made the playoffs?
Per NFL reference 8 times

Logi
Waterboy

Post by Logi » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:33 am

baldeagle6 wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:45 pm
In all honesty everyone is just surrounded by the last name of bartrum. Idk his career record but it's definetly one of the worst in the history of the school.
30-50 ?

Fonzie
All State

Post by Fonzie » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:42 am

I have had many different dealings with Coach Bartrum. We tend to disagree on things every once in a while. At no point in time, has that created a lapse in my view of him. If we disagree, I firmly believe he has valued my point of view had we have a civilized discourse. We walk away from whatever setting we were in, with the same respect for one another. Typically a text is sent to me thanking me for taking the time to talk to him, or something of the nature simply following up on the conversation.

I stand by my views of him, because again, they are personal experiences, not hearsay. I tend to lean towards the view that individuals who disagree with him, are sore over the disagreement and make it much more of an issue than it is. People do not have to agree, but it doesn't mean the other party is wrong.

Palladin
Waterboy

Post by Palladin » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:46 am

I went back and reviewed some tape. To me, he looks alittle slow on film.

Fonzie
All State

Post by Fonzie » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:02 am

Palladin wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:46 am
Are you speaking about Ty? Keep in mind the film you are watching is of a freshman. I don't know if he will be the best player to ever go through Meigs, but I do believe he will be the most talented Bartrum to go through Meigs. Well, that is until his younger sister Taylor hits the scene. She will probably be the best female athlete to go through Meigs. Just my opinion.

BlizzardMan
All State

Post by BlizzardMan » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:21 am

Fonzie wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:02 am
Palladin wrote:
Are you speaking about Ty? Keep in mind the film you are watching is of a freshman. I don't know if he will be the best player to ever go through Meigs, but I do believe he will be the most talented Bartrum to go through Meigs. Well, that is until his younger sister Taylor hits the scene. She will probably be the best female athlete to go through Meigs. Just my opinion.
Dead on about Taylor, but Ty has absolutely amazing hands, isn't incredibly fast yet but will get faster, and a knack to just get to the football. Watch him play defense! he is special. I stand by my prediction, with nothing against his dad or brothers, although as it stands, dad and Coach Chancey are probably the best to go through Meigs. Justin Roush was great too, and only limited because of his size, unfortunately. Ty will have the size as well to go next level. Also, him and Coulter Clealand already are quite the pairing, as freshmen.

Palladin
Waterboy

Post by Palladin » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:28 am

Fonzie wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:02 am
Palladin wrote:
Not the boy. he is solid. His dad is a little slow. But he is 55 years old.lol

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:40 am

Bartrum has coached 7 years. His record is 33-37. 0 Playoff appearances and 0 league titles. looked up meigs records from Joeeitel.

BlizzardMan
All State

Post by BlizzardMan » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:46 am

footballfan wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:40 am
Bartrum has coached 7 years. His record is 33-37. 0 Playoff appearances and 0 league titles. looked up meigs records from Joeeitel.
Due to what I see is a delclining TVC Ohio and up and coming youngsters, I think Meigs will win the league and I make the playoffs within the next two seasons.