Fort Frye picks up Nelsonville-York for 2019

NY BUCK
Freshman Team
Posts: 185
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:34 pm

Re: Fort Frye picks up Nelsonville-York for 2019

Post by NY BUCK » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:38 pm

Dundas wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:29 pm
Orange and Brown wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:18 pm
NY BUCK wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:58 pm
Does the vote have to be unanimous O&B? If not I think Fort Frye would get in easily if they applied.
They would need 11 votes I believe
12 of the 16 TVC schools would need to vote yes.
I think they would get that.



User avatar
Dundas
SEOP
Posts: 3617
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:11 pm
Location: McArthur
Contact:

Re: Fort Frye picks up Nelsonville-York for 2019

Post by Dundas » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:28 am

NY BUCK wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:38 pm
Dundas wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:29 pm
Orange and Brown wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:18 pm


They would need 11 votes I believe
12 of the 16 TVC schools would need to vote yes.
I think they would get that.
Athens will vote no because of the size comparison.
River Valley could go either way because they do have their non conference game week 10 but the trip would be pretty long.
VC could go either was also because of the size and the trip. Although VC does have difficulty finding a week 7 game.
Meigs would be in the same boat as VC.
Wellston has their non conference week in week 4. So that’s not an issue for them. The travel would be long. I could see them voting either way as well.

I don’t think their would be many cons to Alex, or Ny from the Ohio Division. The hocking.. who knows about them.

If the 5 schools I think would be on the fence vote no, then there won’t be enough votes to get FF in. So it would probably be close either way.

NY BUCK
Freshman Team
Posts: 185
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:34 pm

Re: Fort Frye picks up Nelsonville-York for 2019

Post by NY BUCK » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:34 am

Dundas wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:28 am
NY BUCK wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:38 pm
Dundas wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:29 pm


12 of the 16 TVC schools would need to vote yes.
I think they would get that.
Athens will vote no because of the size comparison.
River Valley could go either way because they do have their non conference game week 10 but the trip would be pretty long.
VC could go either was also because of the size and the trip. Although VC does have difficulty finding a week 7 game.
Meigs would be in the same boat as VC.
Wellston has their non conference week in week 4. So that’s not an issue for them. The travel would be long. I could see them voting either way as well.

I don’t think their would be many cons to Alex, or Ny from the Ohio Division. The hocking.. who knows about them.

If the 5 schools I think would be on the fence vote no, then there won’t be enough votes to get FF in. So it would probably be close either way.
Very good points.. I would like to see them Apply and see what happens. Would be interesting

User avatar
Dundas
SEOP
Posts: 3617
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:11 pm
Location: McArthur
Contact:

Re: Fort Frye picks up Nelsonville-York for 2019

Post by Dundas » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:42 am

NY BUCK wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:34 am
Dundas wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:28 am
NY BUCK wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:38 pm


I think they would get that.
Athens will vote no because of the size comparison.
River Valley could go either way because they do have their non conference game week 10 but the trip would be pretty long.
VC could go either was also because of the size and the trip. Although VC does have difficulty finding a week 7 game.
Meigs would be in the same boat as VC.
Wellston has their non conference week in week 4. So that’s not an issue for them. The travel would be long. I could see them voting either way as well.

I don’t think their would be many cons to Alex, or Ny from the Ohio Division. The hocking.. who knows about them.

If the 5 schools I think would be on the fence vote no, then there won’t be enough votes to get FF in. So it would probably be close either way.
Very good points.. I would like to see them Apply and see what happens. Would be interesting
Me too. It would be nice to have even numbers again and do away with all of this late season non conference stuff.

User avatar
Dundas
SEOP
Posts: 3617
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:11 pm
Location: McArthur
Contact:

Re: Fort Frye picks up Nelsonville-York for 2019

Post by Dundas » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:09 am

Dundas wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:42 am
NY BUCK wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:34 am
Dundas wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:28 am


Athens will vote no because of the size comparison.
River Valley could go either way because they do have their non conference game week 10 but the trip would be pretty long.
VC could go either was also because of the size and the trip. Although VC does have difficulty finding a week 7 game.
Meigs would be in the same boat as VC.
Wellston has their non conference week in week 4. So that’s not an issue for them. The travel would be long. I could see them voting either way as well.

I don’t think their would be many cons to Alex, or Ny from the Ohio Division. The hocking.. who knows about them.

If the 5 schools I think would be on the fence vote no, then there won’t be enough votes to get FF in. So it would probably be close either way.
Very good points.. I would like to see them Apply and see what happens. Would be interesting
Me too. It would be nice to have even numbers again and do away with all of this late season non conference stuff.
I will say, again, (and again and again and again. Until it happens) I’d like to see the TVC add FF and Oak hill and split into 3 divisions.

Ohio-
Athens
Alexander
Meigs
Vinton County
Oak Hill
Wellston

Musky-
Belpre
Fort Frye
Nelsonville-York
River Valley
Trimble
Waterford

Hocking-
Fed Hock
Miller
Eastern
Southern
South Gallia
Wahama

Possibly switch NY and Alex for football only in the Ohio Division.

I’ll say it until the end of time. Lol

EasternDspy
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 11703
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:46 pm

Re: Fort Frye picks up Nelsonville-York for 2019

Post by EasternDspy » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:09 am

Musky looks like the perfect league for Fort Frye. I think that be a great league.

EasternDspy
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 11703
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:46 pm

Re: Fort Frye picks up Nelsonville-York for 2019

Post by EasternDspy » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:10 am

Dundas wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:09 am
Dundas wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:42 am
NY BUCK wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:34 am


Very good points.. I would like to see them Apply and see what happens. Would be interesting
Me too. It would be nice to have even numbers again and do away with all of this late season non conference stuff.
I will say, again, (and again and again and again. Until it happens) I’d like to see the TVC add FF and Oak hill and split into 3 divisions.

Ohio-
Athens
Alexander
Meigs
Vinton County
Oak Hill
Wellston

Musky-
Belpre
Fort Frye
Nelsonville-York
River Valley
Trimble
Waterford

Hocking-
Fed Hock
Miller
Eastern
Southern
South Gallia
Wahama

Possibly switch NY and Alex for football only in the Ohio Division.

I’ll say it until the end of time. Lol

Size wise shouldn’t River Valley and Alexander switch?

User avatar
Dundas
SEOP
Posts: 3617
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:11 pm
Location: McArthur
Contact:

Re: Fort Frye picks up Nelsonville-York for 2019

Post by Dundas » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:12 am

EasternDspy wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:10 am
Dundas wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:09 am
Dundas wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:42 am


Me too. It would be nice to have even numbers again and do away with all of this late season non conference stuff.
I will say, again, (and again and again and again. Until it happens) I’d like to see the TVC add FF and Oak hill and split into 3 divisions.

Ohio-
Athens
Alexander
Meigs
Vinton County
Oak Hill
Wellston

Musky-
Belpre
Fort Frye
Nelsonville-York
River Valley
Trimble
Waterford

Hocking-
Fed Hock
Miller
Eastern
Southern
South Gallia
Wahama

Possibly switch NY and Alex for football only in the Ohio Division.

I’ll say it until the end of time. Lol

Size wise shouldn’t River Valley and Alexander switch?
Yes but for competitive reasons, I feel like RV should be in the middle division.

EasternDspy
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 11703
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:46 pm

Re: Fort Frye picks up Nelsonville-York for 2019

Post by EasternDspy » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:25 am

Dundas wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:12 am
EasternDspy wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:10 am
Dundas wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:09 am


I will say, again, (and again and again and again. Until it happens) I’d like to see the TVC add FF and Oak hill and split into 3 divisions.

Ohio-
Athens
Alexander
Meigs
Vinton County
Oak Hill
Wellston

Musky-
Belpre
Fort Frye
Nelsonville-York
River Valley
Trimble
Waterford

Hocking-
Fed Hock
Miller
Eastern
Southern
South Gallia
Wahama

Possibly switch NY and Alex for football only in the Ohio Division.

I’ll say it until the end of time. Lol

Size wise shouldn’t River Valley and Alexander switch?
Yes but for competitive reasons, I feel like RV should be in the middle division.
In football overall the middle div is the best.

mattash
Site Admin
Posts: 7172
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:20 pm

Re: Fort Frye picks up Nelsonville-York for 2019

Post by mattash » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:57 am

I doubt Oak Hill would go what about Warren and Fort Frye?

User avatar
Dundas
SEOP
Posts: 3617
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:11 pm
Location: McArthur
Contact:

Re: Fort Frye picks up Nelsonville-York for 2019

Post by Dundas » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:46 am

EasternDspy wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:25 am
Dundas wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:12 am
EasternDspy wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:10 am



Size wise shouldn’t River Valley and Alexander switch?
Yes but for competitive reasons, I feel like RV should be in the middle division.
In football overall the middle div is the best.
Yea, you could make a case for that for sure this year. Maybe just leave NY in the middle and be done with it.

User avatar
Dundas
SEOP
Posts: 3617
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:11 pm
Location: McArthur
Contact:

Re: Fort Frye picks up Nelsonville-York for 2019

Post by Dundas » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:47 am

mattash wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:57 am
I doubt Oak Hill would go what about Warren and Fort Frye?
Warren has tried countless times and it just hasn’t happened. I doubt it would in this case. I feel oak hill would entertain the option in a few years of sub 500 records in the SOC2.

NY BUCK
Freshman Team
Posts: 185
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:34 pm

Re: Fort Frye picks up Nelsonville-York for 2019

Post by NY BUCK » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:25 am

I think they only way I can get on board with the three divisions, is if NY is in the big division in football only.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 19416
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:49 am
Location: Next to a lake somewhere
Contact:

Re: Fort Frye picks up Nelsonville-York for 2019

Post by Orange and Brown » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:35 am

NY BUCK wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:25 am
I think they only way I can get on board with the three divisions, is if NY is in the big division in football only.
That would be the only way it could work. Other than Trimble, name one other Hocking school that would play us..
The 2019 payback tour is coming to a town near you soon!
The Tradition continues
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H
Posts: 7075
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:49 pm

Re: Fort Frye picks up Nelsonville-York for 2019

Post by NYBuckeye96 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:16 am

If you read newspaper articles from the Athens Messenger in 1967-1968, they stated that Fort Frye was going to join the TVC at that time. When NY joined, it said Fort Frye was going to be the next to join. I don't know what happened that they decided not to join? Fort Frye played all TVC schools in baseball one season, as if they were a TVC school, but it was just that one sport for one season. Additionally, Fort Frye played NY for four years straight in football back then, so I wonder if Fort Frye also played other TVC schools in football during those years?

I guess the TVC would have been more geographically friendly to Fort Frye back then too, as Warren, Belpre and Federal Hocking were all members, along with Vinton County and NY.

It also makes you wonder how the TVC might have expanded going forward back then too had Fort Frye actually joined. The tri valleys in Tri Valley are Ohio, Hocking and Muskingum, but the TVC never really expanded into the Muskingum Valley.
Last edited by NYBuckeye96 on Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

VetteMan
All State
Posts: 1155
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: Fort Frye picks up Nelsonville-York for 2019

Post by VetteMan » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:17 am

Dundas wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:47 am
mattash wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:57 am
I doubt Oak Hill would go what about Warren and Fort Frye?
Warren has tried countless times and it just hasn’t happened. I doubt it would in this case. I feel oak hill would entertain the option in a few years of sub 500 records in the SOC2.
I Agree! Oak Hill had better enjoy the playoffs this year, because in the SOC-2 it's going to be far and in between. OH could not beat Athens in football, but its pretty rare that anyone else in the Ohio can either. Even if OH just went into the Ohio, it would even the amount of schools, plus I think would just make the TVC that much stronger.

TVC
Varsity
Posts: 455
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:59 pm

Re: Fort Frye picks up Nelsonville-York for 2019

Post by TVC » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:26 am

Ohio-
Athens
Alexander
Meigs
Vinton County
NY
Warren

Musky-
Oak hill
Fort Frye
River Valley
Trimble
Waterford
Wellston

Hocking-
Ravenswood
Fed Hock
Miller
Eastern
Southern
South Gallia
Wahama
Belpre

Raider6309
SEOPS H
Posts: 6700
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: Fort Frye picks up Nelsonville-York for 2019

Post by Raider6309 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:28 pm

Fort Frye, Warren, and Oak Hill should join the TVC. Warren has enough votes to get in but their administration is under the control of Marietta and Marietta wants in the TVC since the ECOL is dead. The TVC won't add both just Warren

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity
Posts: 458
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:14 pm

Re: Fort Frye picks up Nelsonville-York for 2019

Post by Jakefromstatefarm » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:08 pm

Id think if Fort Frye went to the TVC it would have to be in the Hocking. I mean year in and year out I just don’t see them competeting against the likes of Athens or NY if they went to the Ohio. At least not in football. Not trying to knock on the Fort cause they’ve owned the PVC for several years now, but these are also probably some of the best teams to come through for quite a while. And maybe it’s just me but I’d like to see the PVC stick around. There are rumors of Trail wanting back in after the deal with the IVC is up, and honestly Barnesville needs to join since they already play like 80% of the league most years anyway. And I’m not sure what’s up with Central. But I’d you get them to stick around you have Fort Frye, MC, Trail, Barnesville, Caldwell and Shenandoah. That’s a solid league for all schools of relatively the same size.

NY BUCK
Freshman Team
Posts: 185
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:34 pm

Re: Fort Frye picks up Nelsonville-York for 2019

Post by NY BUCK » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:21 pm

Orange and Brown wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:35 am
NY BUCK wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:25 am
I think they only way I can get on board with the three divisions, is if NY is in the big division in football only.
That would be the only way it could work. Other than Trimble, name one other Hocking school that would play us..
I agree. Plus we have a winning record against every school in the Ohio, so I don’t think it would be fair to take us out of the big division because of our size.

carbon_dated
All Conference
Posts: 862
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:58 pm

Re: Fort Frye picks up Nelsonville-York for 2019

Post by carbon_dated » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:45 pm

I'd like to see Fort Frye pick up Bellaire. I'm sure the Big Reds have 3 openings already for '19.

EasternDspy
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 11703
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:46 pm

Re: Fort Frye picks up Nelsonville-York for 2019

Post by EasternDspy » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:59 pm

Jakefromstatefarm wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:08 pm
Id think if Fort Frye went to the TVC it would have to be in the Hocking. I mean year in and year out I just don’t see them competeting against the likes of Athens or NY if they went to the Ohio. At least not in football. Not trying to knock on the Fort cause they’ve owned the PVC for several years now, but these are also probably some of the best teams to come through for quite a while. And maybe it’s just me but I’d like to see the PVC stick around. There are rumors of Trail wanting back in after the deal with the IVC is up, and honestly Barnesville needs to join since they already play like 80% of the league most years anyway. And I’m not sure what’s up with Central. But I’d you get them to stick around you have Fort Frye, MC, Trail, Barnesville, Caldwell and Shenandoah. That’s a solid league for all schools of relatively the same size.


You know I want the PVC to stay alive but sadly it’s dead. The teams invited don’t seem interested. Fort Frye needs to find a league that secures them scheduling. They can’t stay OVAC only because schools don’t want to play them in Football , and in girls and boys basketball.

fortdawg
All Conference
Posts: 750
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 9:56 pm

Re: Fort Frye picks up Nelsonville-York for 2019

Post by fortdawg » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:09 pm

If they come in it would have to be in the Ohio.
The three divisions has been proposed and shot down over and over and I haven't seen or heard anyone that matters pushing it.
If they apply to the Hocking who other than Trimble and Belpre who would vote yes?
Trimble could compete with them in Football and Basketball.
Belpre is close and plays them in football.
Does Belpre play Fort's boys and girls basketball teams?
Waterford was in a league with Fort and left them and their are several banners hanging in their gym that wouldn't be if Fort had been in the TVC.
Federal voted this year in football.
Why would South Gallia want that trip in the Winter and Spring?
I can't see why any of the other teams would vote yes.
It will have to be the Ohio or bust.

enigmaax
Varsity
Posts: 607
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:18 pm

Re: Fort Frye picks up Nelsonville-York for 2019

Post by enigmaax » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:32 pm

NYBuckeye96 wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:16 am
If you read newspaper articles from the Athens Messenger in 1967-1968, they stated that Fort Frye was going to join the TVC at that time. When NY joined, it said Fort Frye was going to be the next to join. I don't know what happened that they decided not to join? Fort Frye played all TVC schools in baseball one season, as if they were a TVC school, but it was just that one sport for one season. Additionally, Fort Frye played NY for four years straight in football back then, so I wonder if Fort Frye also played other TVC schools in football during those years?

I guess the TVC would have been more geographically friendly to Fort Frye back then too, as Warren, Belpre and Federal Hocking were all members, along with Vinton County and NY.
I don't know all the details, but Fort Frye did play a TVC schedule for a couple years (69-70 seasons).

1966: 8-2 overall; lost to Belpre and beat Warren. Also played Caldwell, Beallsville, Meadowbrook, and Woodsfield - I'm not positive this was an official league at the time (I don't think Frontier had consolidated yet). I've read that Glouster was in with this group (which may or may not have included Meadowbrook at the time). The other loss was to Caldwell.

1967: 2-8 overall; lost to Belpre, Warren, and Nelsonville-York. No longer played Glouster. Only wins were Caldwell and Meadowbrook (and also played the other would-be PVL/PVC schools).

1968: 4-6 overall lost to Belpre and Warren, beat Nelsonville-York. Went 2-3 against would-be PVL/PVC schools. This may have been the year Frontier was consolidated.

1969: 7-3 overall; 4-1 against TVC schools. They played Belpre in Week 3 and finished the season against Warren, Federal Hocking, Vinton County, and Nelsonville-York. The loss was to Warren. Beallsville and Woodsfield were no longer on the schedule.

1970: 9-1 overall; 5-0 against TVC schools. They beat Belpre in Week 1 and finished the season in the same order as 1969. Beallsville was back on the schedule, but no Woodsfield and there is nothing in the yearbook about a league championship of any kind (the only loss was to Newark).

1971: 8-2 overall, PVL Champions. Losses were to Belpre and Beallsville. They still played Warren and Federal Hocking, but not Nelsonville-York.All the teams that would later be called the PVC were on the schedule - Caldwell, Beallsville, Frontier, Meadowbrook, Shenandoah, and Woodsfield (Waterford did not have a football team yet).

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity
Posts: 458
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:14 pm

Re: Fort Frye picks up Nelsonville-York for 2019

Post by Jakefromstatefarm » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:43 pm

EasternDspy wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:59 pm
Jakefromstatefarm wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:08 pm
Id think if Fort Frye went to the TVC it would have to be in the Hocking. I mean year in and year out I just don’t see them competeting against the likes of Athens or NY if they went to the Ohio. At least not in football. Not trying to knock on the Fort cause they’ve owned the PVC for several years now, but these are also probably some of the best teams to come through for quite a while. And maybe it’s just me but I’d like to see the PVC stick around. There are rumors of Trail wanting back in after the deal with the IVC is up, and honestly Barnesville needs to join since they already play like 80% of the league most years anyway. And I’m not sure what’s up with Central. But I’d you get them to stick around you have Fort Frye, MC, Trail, Barnesville, Caldwell and Shenandoah. That’s a solid league for all schools of relatively the same size.


You know I want the PVC to stay alive but sadly it’s dead. The teams invited don’t seem interested. Fort Frye needs to find a league that secures them scheduling. They can’t stay OVAC only because schools don’t want to play them in Football , and in girls and boys basketball.


I guess I just don’t understand why all these teams want to switch leagues all of a sudden. Travel? It’s southeast Ohio, you’re gonna have to travel regardless of who you schedule. I mean Caldwell has 3 teams within a half hour that they don’t play because of size difference. When you’re a small school stuff like is bound to happen. Competition? It’s high school, for the most part stuff comes and goes in waves. You have to take the ups with the downs, can’t just bolt at the first sign of adversity. Maybe this is just me but I think a couple administrations need to take a step back and look at the big picture.

Post Reply