It's A Long Way From Pepper Pike To St. Marys To Play A First Round Playoff Game

radiodavel
JV Team

It's A Long Way From Pepper Pike To St. Marys To Play A First Round Playoff Game

Post by radiodavel »

https://statelinesportsnetwork.net/2018 ... epper-pike

How far will you team travel in the 1st round...for Orane it will be a long day....

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: It's A Long Way From Pepper Pike To St. Marys To Play A First Round Playoff Game

Post by VetteMan »

It is an awful long way, all the way across the state. As long as the format stays the way it is, with the top 4 getting to host first round games, there is always going to be a big disadvantage to a lot of schools that have to travel. I know you already knew all this, but I guess it is what it is.

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: It's A Long Way From Pepper Pike To St. Marys To Play A First Round Playoff Game

Post by Dundas »

This trip will be 2:57 minutes per google maps. Vinton County traveled 3:01 minutes to Canal Fulton Northwest back in 2004. Things like this don’t always happen, but it does cause a lot of issues for the road team when travel gets to be that excessive. All I can say is, just enjoy the trip and hopefully they come back with a win.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Symmes Valley traveled around 4 hours for a first round game before. Which brought up the idea of tweaking the normal seating to make the drive not as far. Then just back to that is the way it is so enjoy the drive.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

I believe River has to travel 3 hrs. 26 min. to Mansfield to play Lucas.
How Lucas, or for that matter, Richland County, is in Region 27 is beyond me.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

South Gallia has made a three-hour trip to Danville twice for the first round.

It is what it is.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Could be a LOT worse...

I believe I read, in the last couple years, a mention of a WV team having to travel to Musselman, WV for a playoff game. Thought it was Van (WV) who had to make the trek? Google Maps that one!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

formerfcfan wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:00 am Could be a LOT worse...

I believe I read, in the last couple years, a mention of a WV team having to travel to Musselman, WV for a playoff game. Thought it was Van (WV) who had to make the trek? Google Maps that one!
Yep, WV is still A-AA-AAA and playoffs in each division has top 16 teams in playoffs, no regions in football like other sports, bottom 8 travel to top 8 (16-1, 15-2, 14-3, etc) in round 1. You can travel anywhere in the state for those games. Also, the lower seed left after each round in WV travels to the higher seed in all 4 rounds (no neutral fields) until the championship game in Wheeling.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye

Traveled to Kirtland and Lucasville in 2012 and 2013 it sucked but it really helped kids get excited for football.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

formerfcfan wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:00 am Could be a LOT worse...

Yeah, Ohio high schools freak out over travel over an hour away and rightfully so given expense and time demands on students. Yet in WV travel times for even regular season games push fours plus hours and often involves routes through multiple states. Try Huntington to either of the WV panhandles in a yellow dog.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Sggrad06
Varsity

Post by Sggrad06 »

madpolecat wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:55 am South Gallia has made a three-hour trip to Danville twice for the first round.

It is what it is.
Wasn’t the trip to buckeye central longer? Man that trip sucked...

Return to “Football”