Fort Frye 41 Northmor 23 Round 2 Region 23 2018

efarns
All Conference
Posts: 960
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:29 am

Re: #3 Northmor vs. #2 Fort Frye

Post by efarns » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:36 pm

Northmor knows they're in for a battle. Expect another close one



mattash
Site Admin
Posts: 7172
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:20 pm

Re: #3 Northmor vs. #2 Fort Frye

Post by mattash » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:02 pm

Let's go Fort

efarns
All Conference
Posts: 960
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:29 am

Re: #3 Northmor vs. #2 Fort Frye

Post by efarns » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:37 pm

I understand Watkins Memorial has artificial turf?

EasternDspy
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 11699
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:46 pm

Re: #3 Northmor vs. #2 Fort Frye

Post by EasternDspy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:03 pm

efarns wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:37 pm
I understand Watkins Memorial has artificial turf?

Yea it’s turf. Stadium holds 2000

efarns
All Conference
Posts: 960
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:29 am

Re: #3 Northmor vs. #2 Fort Frye

Post by efarns » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:11 pm

EasternDspy wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:03 pm
efarns wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:37 pm
I understand Watkins Memorial has artificial turf?

Yea it’s turf. Stadium holds 2000
So, the question is: is it going to play faster than grass?

EasternDspy
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 11699
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:46 pm

Re: #3 Northmor vs. #2 Fort Frye

Post by EasternDspy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:09 pm

efarns wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:11 pm
EasternDspy wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:03 pm
efarns wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:37 pm
I understand Watkins Memorial has artificial turf?

Yea it’s turf. Stadium holds 2000
So, the question is: is it going to play faster than grass?

Long as it don’t rain should favor Fort pass game

Raider6309
SEOPS H
Posts: 6700
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: #3 Northmor vs. #2 Fort Frye

Post by Raider6309 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:27 pm

efarns wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:37 pm
I understand Watkins Memorial has artificial turf?
The away side is small.

EasternDspy
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 11699
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:46 pm

Re: #3 Northmor vs. #2 Fort Frye

Post by EasternDspy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:40 pm

Raider6309 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:27 pm
efarns wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:37 pm
I understand Watkins Memorial has artificial turf?
The away side is small.
Fort gets home side. Last year at New Lex was awful for away seating.

InReality
Riding the Bench
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:52 pm

Re: Wk 12: #3.Northmor vs #2. Fort Frye

Post by InReality » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:13 pm

EasternDspy wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:41 pm
Northmor (10-1)
34.8 ppg
16.45 allowed

Fort Frye (10-0)
39.3 ppg
12.4 allowed


Fort Frye won every game by 18 or more but 1.
Ha ha yeah waterford... this game should be good.

EasternDspy
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 11699
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:46 pm

Re: Wk 12: #3.Northmor vs #2. Fort Frye

Post by EasternDspy » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:03 pm

InReality wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:13 pm
EasternDspy wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:41 pm
Northmor (10-1)
34.8 ppg
16.45 allowed

Fort Frye (10-0)
39.3 ppg
12.4 allowed


Fort Frye won every game by 18 or more but 1.
Ha ha yeah waterford... this game should be good.
Waterford brought it that night for sure.

pkrplyr
Riding the Bench
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:24 am

Re: #3 Northmor vs. #2 Fort Frye

Post by pkrplyr » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:30 am

Fort Frye 31, Northmor 21

EasternDspy
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 11699
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:46 pm

Re: #3 Northmor vs. #2 Fort Frye

Post by EasternDspy » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:52 am

According to Twitter this is a game Northmor has wanted all year.

User avatar
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 23187
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:23 pm
Location: WAVERLY, OHIO

Re: #3 Northmor vs. #2 Fort Frye

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:50 am

CONGRATULATIONS TO FORT FRYE AND GOOD LUCK THIS WEEK. YTB.
IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

efarns
All Conference
Posts: 960
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:29 am

Re: #3 Northmor vs. #2 Fort Frye

Post by efarns » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:46 pm

EasternDspy wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:52 am
According to Twitter this is a game Northmor has wanted all year.
After Fort Frye ground their star into turf last year? They must not like their players very much.

EasternDspy
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 11699
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:46 pm

Re: #3 Northmor vs. #2 Fort Frye

Post by EasternDspy » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:22 pm

https://www.marionstar.com/story/sports ... ce=dlvr.it


Collin Becker 2070 yards and 31 Tds

carbon_dated
All Conference
Posts: 862
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:58 pm

Re: #3 Northmor vs. #2 Fort Frye

Post by carbon_dated » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:36 pm

So my money's on Ft Frye to stop Becker or at least contain him. Cadets by a whisker.

EasternDspy
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 11699
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:46 pm

Re: #3 Northmor vs. #2 Fort Frye

Post by EasternDspy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:38 pm

carbon_dated wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:36 pm
So my money's on Ft Frye to stop Becker or at least contain him. Cadets by a whisker.
They stopped Meechie last year so I think they can contain Becker. Fort just needs to take care of the football. Fort has more weapons.

EasternDspy
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 11699
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:46 pm

Re: #3 Northmor vs. #2 Fort Frye

Post by EasternDspy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:26 pm

Just want a do a shout out for Dylan Hart of Fort Frye. Kids a sophomore first year starter at middle linebacker and has 94 tackles kids going to be one of the best ever at Fort Frye.

VetteMan
All State
Posts: 1155
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: #3 Northmor vs. #2 Fort Frye

Post by VetteMan » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:02 pm

I can see that Becker is there workhorse on offense. I didn't see any stats on Northmor's passing game. Are they mostly a running team, what kind of QB do they have ?

EasternDspy
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 11699
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:46 pm

Re: #3 Northmor vs. #2 Fort Frye

Post by EasternDspy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:19 pm

VetteMan wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:02 pm
I can see that Becker is there workhorse on offense. I didn't see any stats on Northmor's passing game. Are they mostly a running team, what kind of QB do they have ?
They are really run heavy but Marrietti did throw for 1300 yards but stats are decieving because they threw a lot in blowouts. Last week they were a one man team on offense.

VetteMan
All State
Posts: 1155
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: #3 Northmor vs. #2 Fort Frye

Post by VetteMan » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:32 pm

EasternDspy wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:19 pm
VetteMan wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:02 pm
I can see that Becker is there workhorse on offense. I didn't see any stats on Northmor's passing game. Are they mostly a running team, what kind of QB do they have ?
They are really run heavy but Marrietti did throw for 1300 yards but stats are decieving because they threw a lot in blowouts. Last week they were a one man team on offense.
Thank You! Becker is no doubt a very good back, but I think to be able to beat FF, they won't be able to just run the ball.

EasternDspy
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 11699
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:46 pm

Re: #3 Northmor vs. #2 Fort Frye

Post by EasternDspy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:05 pm

VetteMan wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:32 pm
EasternDspy wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:19 pm
VetteMan wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:02 pm
I can see that Becker is there workhorse on offense. I didn't see any stats on Northmor's passing game. Are they mostly a running team, what kind of QB do they have ?
They are really run heavy but Marrietti did throw for 1300 yards but stats are decieving because they threw a lot in blowouts. Last week they were a one man team on offense.
Thank You! Becker is no doubt a very good back, but I think to be able to beat FF, they won't be able to just run the ball.
Fort DBs played great last week vs a pass heavy Fairbanks. Fort just needs to control the football.

efarns
All Conference
Posts: 960
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:29 am

Re: #3 Northmor vs. #2 Fort Frye

Post by efarns » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:40 am

Fort Frye doesn't have 2000 yard rushers because their offense is not set up to feature individuals that way. Their backs are very good, but they really want you to key on somebody so they can burn you somewhere else. Northmor, this year and last, seems to rely on individual talent more. I like Fort Frye's team approach to prevail.

rickoshay
SEO
Posts: 2577
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:40 am
Location: Along the Muskingum Wash. Co.

Re: #3 Northmor vs. #2 Fort Frye

Post by rickoshay » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:23 pm

This game on radio tonight.
WJAW FM 100.9 ESPN radio for SE Ohio.
On air at 6:45

Cats claw
Riding the Bench
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:57 pm

Re: #3 Northmor vs. #2 Fort Frye

Post by Cats claw » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:00 pm

Good luck to the cadets from the other side of the river lol

Post Reply