Wheelersburg 35 Jamestown Greenview 13 Round 2 Region 20 2018

Post Reply
Jack Sparrow
Riding the Bench
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:54 am

Re: #5 Jamestown Greenview vs #1 Wheelersburg @ Chillicothe

Post by Jack Sparrow » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:35 pm

:D
Jolly P(irate) wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:29 pm
How many more wins until Rob Woodward breaks the record for most wins in Chillicothe history? 🤣
:D :D :D :D :)


#reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team
Posts: 151
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:04 am

Re: #5 Jamestown Greenview vs #1 Wheelersburg @ Chillicothe

Post by Burgfan/grad85 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:13 pm

Just researched Greeneview a little and their qb Clevenger is a dual threat that's for sure I went back and looked at the game stats and it seemed one big run or pass from him after another and they do have a little bit of size on the lines but they only have 32 players total. So Burgs depth I think will play a part in this one. Also the Rams seem to have a descent field goal kicker his longest on the year is 45yds . If Burg comes out with the fire and intensity like last game then I see Burg winning big But if they play flat like they have a few times this year then it might be close for a half or so. darn can't wait til Saturday best time of the year bar none! GO BURG ! 5-peat SOC CHAMPS!

Bdog_198807
Freshman Team
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:31 pm

Re: #5 Jamestown Greenview vs #1 Wheelersburg @ Chillicothe

Post by Bdog_198807 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:18 pm

Burgfan/grad85 wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:03 pm
Can't wait til Saturday gonna be an electric atmosphere at Chillicothe Burgstien Field gonna be cold though everyone break out those hot hands! Hope Greeneview fans travel well. I know Burg fans will have the home side packed full of jug shaking fans I'll be one of them! GO BURG!!!
Yes it will be cold weather channel says 22 for the low so I'm guessing somewhere around freezing for game time. I think burg wins running clock in third quarter.

seasick80
All State
Posts: 1452
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:15 am
Location: wheelersburg

Re: #5 Jamestown Greenview vs #1 Wheelersburg @ Chillicothe

Post by seasick80 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:46 pm

Is stone burner still playing for Greenview? Guys a beast on dline. 6-2 250. Very good

User avatar
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 23187
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:23 pm
Location: WAVERLY, OHIO

Re: #5 Jamestown Greenview vs #1 Wheelersburg @ Chillicothe

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:51 am

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WHEELERSBURG PIRATES AND GOOD LUCK THIS WEEK AS YOU SET YOUR SIGHTS ON DEFENDING YOUR STATE FOOTBALL TITLE, YTB.
IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Jolly P(irate)
SEO
Posts: 2999
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:45 am

Re: #5 Jamestown Greenview vs #1 Wheelersburg @ Chillicothe

Post by Jolly P(irate) » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:56 am

Burgfan/grad85 wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:13 pm
Just researched Greeneview a little and their qb Clevenger is a dual threat that's for sure I went back and looked at the game stats and it seemed one big run or pass from him after another and they do have a little bit of size on the lines but they only have 32 players total. So Burgs depth I think will play a part in this one. Also the Rams seem to have a descent field goal kicker his longest on the year is 45yds . If Burg comes out with the fire and intensity like last game then I see Burg winning big But if they play flat like they have a few times this year then it might be close for a half or so. darn can't wait til Saturday best time of the year bar none! GO BURG ! 5-peat SOC CHAMPS!
He was able to catch the defense out of position quite a bit. But play calling was really good too tho. They struggled a good bit. Burg will make quick work of them.

23tdb
Waterboy
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:08 am

Re: #5 Jamestown Greenview vs #1 Wheelersburg @ Chillicothe

Post by 23tdb » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:03 am

Burg by 3-4 scores. But if your the pirates you cannot look ahead to Week 13 against Madison.

bbtrucking.inc
Freshman Team
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:07 am

Re: #5 Jamestown Greenview vs #1 Wheelersburg @ Chillicothe

Post by bbtrucking.inc » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:40 am

Burg will rolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll. llllll.

PirateBB
Freshman Team
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:04 pm

Re: #5 Jamestown Greenview vs #1 Wheelersburg @ Chillicothe

Post by PirateBB » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:46 am

It's going to be chilly in Chilli at kickoff!

Kickoff:
7 PM Saturday November 10th
Temperature 29.7 degrees (Feels like 24 degrees)
Wind 5 MPH

Hoping The Burg stays HOT and makes this a shorter game!

GO BURG!!!

spider2Ybanana
Riding the Bench
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: #5 Jamestown Greenview vs #1 Wheelersburg @ Chillicothe

Post by spider2Ybanana » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:25 am

I really enjoyed watching Wheelersburg last week. As said before, they were firing on all cylinders on both offense and defense and playing the aggressive style that they are known for. It's almost as if the Pirates were just trying to get through the regular season, and make it safely to the "real season." I'll be honest, they looked much better last Saturday than almost any game in the regular season. Hopefully they are hitting their stride and peaking at just the right time. Can't wait for another week of football against an unfamiliar opponent at Rob Woodward field in Chillicothe lol

Burg4
Freshman Team
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:24 pm

Re: #5 Jamestown Greenview vs #1 Wheelersburg @ Chillicothe

Post by Burg4 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:49 am

BURG comparison after 11 weeks in the books:

2017- Offense had scored 489 points...Defense had given up 81 points...Averaged scoring 44.5 points per game and giving up 7.4 points per game

2018- Offense has scored 402 points....Defense has given up 97 points...Averaged scoring 36.5 points per game and giving up 8.8 points per game*

*Take away Bishop Hartley game (97-51=46/10) and Burg Defense has averaged giving up 4.6 points per game!!! (This is playing 7 of the 11 weeks against teams that made the playoffs this year in Division 3-5)

The Burg Seniors won their 50th High School game last week and are hitting on all cylinders!!! #PLAYOFFMODE

GO BURG!!!

Jack Sparrow
Riding the Bench
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:54 am

Re: #5 Jamestown Greenview vs #1 Wheelersburg @ Chillicothe

Post by Jack Sparrow » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:15 pm

Looking at stats from Greenview Madeira, and I’m not a stats guy, but Madeira QB completed 26/33 passes for 78.8%! The mayor, butter, hedgehog and Co must be licking their lips.
#reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”

Jack Sparrow
Riding the Bench
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:54 am

Re: #5 Jamestown Greenview vs #1 Wheelersburg @ Chillicothe

Post by Jack Sparrow » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:29 pm

Jack Sparrow wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:15 pm
Looking at stats from Greenview Madeira, and I’m not a stats guy, but Madeira QB completed 26/33 passes for 78.8%! The mayor, butter, hedgehog and Co must be licking their lips.
For 293 yards
#reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”

The pirate indian
Riding the Bench
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:08 pm

Re: #5 Jamestown Greenview vs #1 Wheelersburg @ Chillicothe

Post by The pirate indian » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:30 pm

Burgfan/grad85 wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:13 pm
Just researched Greeneview a little and their qb Clevenger is a dual threat that's for sure I went back and looked at the game stats and it seemed one big run or pass from him after another and they do have a little bit of size on the lines but they only have 32 players total. So Burgs depth I think will play a part in this one. Also the Rams seem to have a descent field goal kicker his longest on the year is 45yds . If Burg comes out with the fire and intensity like last game then I see Burg winning big But if they play flat like they have a few times this year then it might be close for a half or so. darn can't wait til Saturday best time of the year bar none! GO BURG ! 5-peat SOC CHAMPS!
Speaking of 5-peat, what is the record for most soc titles I'm a row? Valley had a pretty good stretch a few years ago.

If greenview does in fact have such a low roster, our platoon subbing while be a very distinct advantage. This game might turn out like the west game last week.

Proud_Pirate63
Varsity
Posts: 682
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:33 am
Location: Wheelersburg

Re: #5 Jamestown Greenview vs #1 Wheelersburg @ Chillicothe

Post by Proud_Pirate63 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:36 pm

The pirate indian wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:30 pm
Burgfan/grad85 wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:13 pm
Just researched Greeneview a little and their qb Clevenger is a dual threat that's for sure I went back and looked at the game stats and it seemed one big run or pass from him after another and they do have a little bit of size on the lines but they only have 32 players total. So Burgs depth I think will play a part in this one. Also the Rams seem to have a descent field goal kicker his longest on the year is 45yds . If Burg comes out with the fire and intensity like last game then I see Burg winning big But if they play flat like they have a few times this year then it might be close for a half or so. darn can't wait til Saturday best time of the year bar none! GO BURG ! 5-peat SOC CHAMPS!
Speaking of 5-peat, what is the record for most soc titles I'm a row? Valley had a pretty good stretch a few years ago.

If greenview does in fact have such a low roster, our platoon subbing while be a very distinct advantage. This game might turn out like the west game last week.
Burg won the SOC 9 Times in row from 1991-1999. Well on their way to tie or beat that record.

bleed_blue
JV Team
Posts: 286
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:52 am

Re: #5 Jamestown Greenview vs #1 Wheelersburg @ Chillicothe

Post by bleed_blue » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:17 pm

Proud_Pirate63 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:36 pm
The pirate indian wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:30 pm
Burgfan/grad85 wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:13 pm
Just researched Greeneview a little and their qb Clevenger is a dual threat that's for sure I went back and looked at the game stats and it seemed one big run or pass from him after another and they do have a little bit of size on the lines but they only have 32 players total. So Burgs depth I think will play a part in this one. Also the Rams seem to have a descent field goal kicker his longest on the year is 45yds . If Burg comes out with the fire and intensity like last game then I see Burg winning big But if they play flat like they have a few times this year then it might be close for a half or so. darn can't wait til Saturday best time of the year bar none! GO BURG ! 5-peat SOC CHAMPS!
Speaking of 5-peat, what is the record for most soc titles I'm a row? Valley had a pretty good stretch a few years ago.

If greenview does in fact have such a low roster, our platoon subbing while be a very distinct advantage. This game might turn out like the west game last week.
Burg won the SOC 9 Times in row from 1991-1999. Well on their way to tie or beat that record.
They may not of lost a SOC game during that stretch. I know they didn’t lose a SOC game during Larry Hall’s tenure from 92-98.

wobycat
SE
Posts: 2016
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:53 am

Re: #5 Jamestown Greenview vs #1 Wheelersburg @ Chillicothe

Post by wobycat » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:41 pm

bleed_blue wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:17 pm
Proud_Pirate63 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:36 pm
The pirate indian wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:30 pm


Speaking of 5-peat, what is the record for most soc titles I'm a row? Valley had a pretty good stretch a few years ago.

If greenview does in fact have such a low roster, our platoon subbing while be a very distinct advantage. This game might turn out like the west game last week.
Burg won the SOC 9 Times in row from 1991-1999. Well on their way to tie or beat that record.
They may not of lost a SOC game during that stretch. I know they didn’t lose a SOC game during Larry Hall’s tenure from 92-98.
Lost SOC in 1990. They have more SOC trophies than the others combined

Bleeding Red
SEOP
Posts: 4755
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:01 am

Re: #5 Jamestown Greenview vs #1 Wheelersburg @ Chillicothe

Post by Bleeding Red » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:01 pm

Greenville 7
Burg 192

bleed_blue
JV Team
Posts: 286
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:52 am

Re: #5 Jamestown Greenview vs #1 Wheelersburg @ Chillicothe

Post by bleed_blue » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:48 pm

Bleeding Red wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:01 pm
Greenville 7
Burg 192
I like the prediction too bad they don’t play Greenville.

countywide35
All Conference
Posts: 741
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:38 am

Re: #5 Jamestown Greenview vs #1 Wheelersburg @ Chillicothe

Post by countywide35 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:26 am

burg keeps rollin on.

Jolly P(irate)
SEO
Posts: 2999
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:45 am

Re: #5 Jamestown Greenview vs #1 Wheelersburg @ Chillicothe

Post by Jolly P(irate) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:58 am

Bleeding Red wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:01 pm
Greenville 7
Burg 192
😂🤣

9.5 INCHES
Riding the Bench
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:03 pm
Location: UP IN DEEP

Re: #5 Jamestown Greenview vs #1 Wheelersburg @ Chillicothe

Post by 9.5 INCHES » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:02 am

Good Luck to Jamestown Greenview... Go Rams...

pkrplyr
Riding the Bench
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:24 am

Re: #5 Jamestown Greenview vs #1 Wheelersburg @ Chillicothe

Post by pkrplyr » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:26 am

Wheelersburg big. 44-14.

User avatar
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Posts: 3718
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:34 pm
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 33x SOC Div 2 Champs
Contact:

Re: #5 Jamestown Greenview vs #1 Wheelersburg @ Chillicothe

Post by Mad-Dogg » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:53 am

23tdb wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:03 am
Burg by 3-4 scores. But if your the pirates you cannot look ahead to Week 13 against Madison.
It wouldn’t surprise me if chca beats them. Several of the sports sites I’ve read articles on the game has madison losing
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One

spider2Ybanana
Riding the Bench
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: #5 Jamestown Greenview vs #1 Wheelersburg @ Chillicothe

Post by spider2Ybanana » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:14 am

Mad-Dogg wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:53 am
23tdb wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:03 am
Burg by 3-4 scores. But if your the pirates you cannot look ahead to Week 13 against Madison.
It wouldn’t surprise me if chca beats them. Several of the sports sites I’ve read articles on the game has madison losing
Can you provide the links to the articles that say CHCA may beat Madison? Having trouble finding any.

Post Reply