Trimble 7 Harvest Prep 0 Round 2 Region 27 2018

TC11180
Waterboy

Re: #3 Trimble vs #2 Harvest Prep

Post by TC11180 »

Trimble may struggle with Harvest Prep's speed. The tomcats schedule hasn't done a whole lot for them playing mediocre teams that don't prepare you for games like this and don't give you many points to move up in their region. Can the tomcats defend the pass? Can the tomcats throw the ball if need be? We know they can run it and defend the run.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

TC11180 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:03 pm Trimble may struggle with Harvest Prep's speed. The tomcats schedule hasn't done a whole lot for them playing mediocre teams that don't prepare you for games like this and don't give you many points to move up in their region. Can the tomcats defend the pass? Can the tomcats throw the ball if need be? We know they can run it and defend the run.
Thought that’s why they played Cincy Hills to get them ready?

Farmer Yoder
Freshman Team

Post by Farmer Yoder »

TC11180 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:03 pm Trimble may struggle with Harvest Prep's speed. The tomcats schedule hasn't done a whole lot for them playing mediocre teams that don't prepare you for games like this and don't give you many points to move up in their region. Can the tomcats defend the pass? Can the tomcats throw the ball if need be? We know they can run it and defend the run.
Me and my crew have this game. HP might be fast but they will probably have a lot of holding penalties. Take that to the bank. Smart money is on Trimble minus 13.

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

Farmer Yoder wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:25 pm
Me and my crew have this game. HP might be fast but they will probably have a lot of holding penalties. Take that to the bank. Smart money is on Trimble minus 13.
LOL, glad you have the game.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Prep is the pick.

Have gun, will travel
OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

Looking forward to taking this one in. Good luck to the Cats!

Cats claw
Riding the Bench

Post by Cats claw »

Trimble by at least 2 touchdowns

PerfectionInPurple
Riding the Bench

Post by PerfectionInPurple »

It was certainly good to see old koondogger back on Trimble sidelines
I thought he went to Nelsonville
Coaching at Logan hasn’t been as good since he left

LOVE LIKE A CHAMP!
dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

I heard koondogger was taking over at southern

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Well since there are no hp fans on here because they don't have any lets turn this into the if trimble and lucas meet up thread and keep the trimble lucas stuff off of waterford and lucas thread

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

dilligaf wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:48 am Well since there are no hp fans on here because they don't have any lets turn this into the if trimble and lucas meet up thread and keep the trimble lucas stuff off of waterford and lucas thread
But what if Waterford beats Lucas?

Its all in the hips
CubsWin!
Waterboy

Post by CubsWin! »

Stick to your guns dnis30. More Lucas fans are circling the wagons. Trimble can’t beat us in the field or in here.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

That's why I said if they meet lol if they dont meet oh well we killed some time

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Reg 27: #3. Trimble vs #2. Harvest Prep

Post by mattash »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:35 pm HP and FC really are two completely different teams. One difference is HP has more depth, and the other is HP has more speed not just in the skill positions but on defense.

Trimble’s bone, depth and clock control is what staved off a team they thought they would roll all over by halftime, last night. This week, they’re punching against a bigger fighter.

- - - -

As for the game... Trimble is going to need to open up the pass and convert on the pass. Prep is going to be darn near impossible to try and put “the squeeze” on. Trimble’s D deserves a lot of credit for shutting FC out, and for their early goal line stand, but FC’s offense is/was incredibly anemic. If Trimble fans think they’re facing the same caliber offense out of HP that they just saw, well... “not so fast my friend.”
You going to the game?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

Calpreps has Trimble over HP by 4
Pasteur has Trimble by 3.
Could be a good game, personally I think Cats by 14, if Trimble can contain the edges I see HP having trouble moving the ball cause they're not gonna be able to run bewtween the tackles

Its all in the hips
Superman
JV Team

Post by Superman »

Happy McGavin wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:19 am Calpreps has Trimble over HP by 4
Pasteur has Trimble by 3.
Could be a good game, personally I think Cats by 14, if Trimble can contain the edges I see HP having trouble moving the ball cause they're not gonna be able to run bewtween the tackles
I agree with your viewpoint on the game.

Calpreps is an absolute joke btw. For instance, they have Elder 6 spots above Winton Woods. Winton has a better record and won 28-10 head to head. They also have Hoban as the third best division 2 school.

MillSt
Riding the Bench

Post by MillSt »

I'm familiar with both teams. HP does have the speed advantage, they'll attack through the air on on the edges. Trimble's secondary must be ready for 4 quarters of this but let's not forget, Trimble's best defense is their offense. If Trimble gets a few stops on D, their O is going to grind it out and run clock. I see this game being a mismatch personally. Trimble's hard nosed philosophy is going to be too much for HP to handle. I'll take power over finesse but that's just me. Not saying HP doesn't have a shot, because this is high school football, but they'll have to throw it all over the field to win.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Be careful of HP's speed! very dangerous! :mrgreen:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

CONGRATULATIONS TO TRIMBLE AND GOOD LUCK THIS WEEK, YTB.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
bbtrucking.inc
Freshman Team

Re: Reg 27: #3. Trimble vs #2. Harvest Prep

Post by bbtrucking.inc »

Forever Blue wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:56 am
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:28 am This could be a very high scoring game.
Bingo! I'm going with Harvest Prep but am always looking & hoping for someone out of southern Ohio to advance.
I have to respectfully disagree... I think it will be around 24-18 or so. Cats defense should hold the prep o to under 30 for sure and trimble takes too long to score to be able to score more than 3 or 4 times. It was 8 nothing middle of the third vs FC. FC basically gave up on tackling.

Return to “Football”