Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: #4 Eastmoor Academy vs. #1 Bishop Hartley

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Just another game for Hartley in this match from the East side . (Schools are 5 minutes apart)

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

Being played in my backyard, at Hamilton Township. It'll be my first time seeing either team. My wife is a 1976 BH grad, so I know she'll be doing the Hartley Boogaloo.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I'll take BH as most of the time they seem to be able to turn it on when they need to. It may be close for awhile though, if they are that close to each other, they are probably pretty big Rivals.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:25 pm I'll take BH as most of the time they seem to be able to turn it on when they need to. It may be close for awhile though, if they are that close to each other, they are probably pretty big Rivals.
They shoulda played at Whitehall which is right between the two but It's a grass field so both teams travel about 20-25 minutes to the south end at HT. Whitehall plays Massillon this weekend. That's pretty good when you have 3 schools within 5 minutes of each other playing in wk #12. Throw in Reynoldsburg 10 minutes to the East on main street and you've got 4.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Sadly I see B.H. with a running clock win.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

bishop Hartley should be able to take care of business and move on but allow eastmoor to have some momentum and breaks go their way..... they very well could be on the good side of the score once the clock reaches :00 at the end of the 4th.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how Eastmoor Academy beat Columbus St.Charles ( Div-2 ) by the score of 46-15 the 2nd game of the year, and then in the 10th game of the year Bishop Hartley beat the same school St.Charles by the score of 6-3. Yet I think I would pick BH over Eastmoor.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Hartley 14- Eastmoor 7 (half) *Savon Edwards , Eastmoor, 30td's hurt, out of game*

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Hartley's injuries to their 1 and 2 RB'S I talked about before and during the Athens game last week come back to haunt them plus Fleming got hurt this week. Eastmoor is down to their 2nd string QB and 3rd string RB'S but win the game 19-14.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:17 pm Hartley's injuries to their 1 and 2 RB'S I talked about before and during the Athens game last week come back to haunt them plus Fleming got hurt this week. Eastmoor is down to their 2nd string QB and 3rd string RB'S but win the game 19-14.
I called this before the playoffs. Hartley had to many Eastmoor recruits. Knew Eastmoor would play it like a rivalry game

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Guess money can’t buy u a title. It just buys u players

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

My fav score of the year. Congrats E.A.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:34 pm I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how Eastmoor Academy beat Columbus St.Charles ( Div-2 ) by the score of 46-15 the 2nd game of the year, and then in the 10th game of the year Bishop Hartley beat the same school St.Charles by the score of 6-3. Yet I think I would pick BH over Eastmoor.
I've been trying all week to figure out what happened in these 2 games ? I still would have bet on Bishop Hartley though. FANOSPORTS did say that they had quite a few players hurt and playing out of position. Sounds like by the end of the game, both teams had lost some key players.

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

I was at this game. Bishop Hartley looked very strong and explosive from start. Their QB Flemming ran an impressive single wing type offense (or maybe variations on the Diamond?), very slick handoffs and fakes. But Eastmoor was just as explosive, with formations and sets just as tight, a QB that kept his poise, and running backs who were magicians at reversing their field and running 40 yards to make 15.

BH QB Flemming went down in the 2nd qtr and did not return, obviously that put a crimp in the Hawks' scheme. I didn't notice when Eastmoor's Edwards (#2) left the game. But I did see when another EA back Cameron Jones (#3) went down when he tried to make a cut after a hand-off, and dropped to the ground immediately. Hopefully all of those players have quick recoveries.

As mentioned, Hartley led 14-7 for most of the 2nd and 3rd. Eastmoor took over, scoring twice (including a punt return for a TD, but they failed 2-point conversions twice.

Weather was a factor - strong winds, some rain, biting cold. More than a few dropped snaps and kickoffs.

Best of luck to Eastmoor next week against Thornville Sheridan.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Eastmoor Academy 19 Bishop Hartley 14 Round 2 Region 11 2018

Post by mattash »

Eastmoor Academy 19 Bishop Hartley 14

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Post by sapientia et veritas »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:05 pmGuess money can’t buy u a title. It just buys u players
What money? Hartley isn't one of the moneyed privates.

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Post by sapientia et veritas »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:33 pmMy fav score of the year.
Well if you don't have any team to root for, at least you still had some teams to root against. Six more privates remaining though. Looking forward to the annual ticket price rant.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Eastmoor Academy 19 Bishop Hartley 14 Round 2 Region 11 2018

Rant? I will be in Tennessee for their nine finals, where the press pass from the site in Pa I do pics and articles for gets me in. And even if it didn't 9 games for 30 bucks is a great deal.

Urban
Riding the Bench

Post by Urban »

sapientia et veritas wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:40 pm
Mad-Dogg wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:05 pmGuess money can’t buy u a title. It just buys u players
What money? Hartley isn't one of the moneyed privates.
That is funny coming from the private wanna be that is Wheelersburg

Return to “Football”