Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: #6 Sheridan vs. #2 Granville

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Granville in this one. (Less physical but will outscheme the Generals)

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Granville must be pretty good to have handled Jackson the way they did. I just know that in the past, you should never underestimate Sheridan regardless of there seeding.

jmarcum23
Waterboy

Post by jmarcum23 »

What are Sheridan’s strengths? What part of the game may be better than Granville in?

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Sheridan is similar to Jackson with a strong run game. Granville will shut them down. Still, probably a close game. Aces are the pick.

Have gun, will travel
goredrage
Waterboy

Post by goredrage »

Paladin, this is not the run of the mill Sheridan team. Their passing game is much better than their running game. I think they have set some school passing records this year.

Jokerswild
Riding the Bench

Post by Jokerswild »

From what I've heard, Buttermore has his team playing physical and believing. Culver has his team playing with the traditional Sheridan attitude. Should be a heckuva game.

caldwellbasketball
JV Team

Post by caldwellbasketball »

Paladin wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:03 pm Sheridan is similar to Jackson with a strong run game. Granville will shut them down. Still, probably a close game. Aces are the pick.
Made it back home to watch Sheridan play a few times this fall, this assessment isn't even remotely close to accurate. They operate out of the gun with mostly 3, 4, and 5 wide sets. They do rotate a pair of 190 lb ish running backs who are capable of getting the job done. Their home run threat on the outside Jacob Rhodes (state runner up in the 100) has missed the past few games with a foot injury from my understanding. Buttermore will have Granville ready to go and this will likely be a very close game.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Gored - that’s not saying much. The MVL and Sheridan are both traditional run first . They may have set a passing record, but it’s still depends on being able to run the ball. They are used to a run heavy league and are themselves set up to depend on the run.Granville has the same D that TV uses - aggressive, disciplined, well coached. Shutting down Jackson easily means Sheridan is facing trouble.

Feel free to post their run and pass stats.

Have gun, will travel
caldwellbasketball
JV Team

Post by caldwellbasketball »

Through 9 weeks according to the Zanesville TR:
Sheridan had 1820 passing yards w 19 tds and 4 bits
Sheridan had 1565 rushing yards w 30 tds

Heller areas #1 passer, Rhodes #1 receiver with 47 catches for over 900 yards and 10 scores.

Leading rusher only had 424 yards at that point.

roundtown98
Waterboy

Post by roundtown98 »

Without #27 Sheridan is in trouble in this game.

IronmenLover1
Waterboy

Post by IronmenLover1 »

From what I saw, Sheridan is in big trouble. My boy started on the O-Line for Jackson and let me tell you, he said that Granville's guys were the most physical bunch that he has ever faced. He said that they had this one boy (No. 15) on the the D-Line that was about 5'10 170 lbs that was quicker than anybody they had seen before. Their D-Line quickness combined with a strong set of linebackers and a good coaching will be too much for Sheridan and Heller, especially without number 27 at receiver. On the offensive side of the ball, Granville is very methodical and disciplined, not to mention that they are the most explosive team when you look at the LCL and the MVL. Going to be a good game but I see Granville taking this one.

23tdb
Riding the Bench

Post by 23tdb »

I would not underestimate the Generals by any means. Sheridan has 1 loss to arguably the best team in the area. Ethan Heller can AND will make plays for the Generals. Close game and i am looking forward to hearing the results.

23tdb
Riding the Bench

Post by 23tdb »

Paladin wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:59 pm Gored - that’s not saying much. The MVL and Sheridan are both traditional run first . They may have set a passing record, but it’s still depends on being able to run the ball. They are used to a run heavy league and are themselves set up to depend on the run.Granville has the same D that TV uses - aggressive, disciplined, well coached. Shutting down Jackson easily means Sheridan is facing trouble.

Yes, they held Jackson to 7 points, but Jackson gave the game away with fumbles and penalties. If Sheridan can limit penalties i look for this to be a great game. They do share a common opponent in Licking Valley. Sheridan won by 15 and Granville won by 24. Hoping for the Generals but it is gonna b a toss up.

bbtrucking.inc
Freshman Team

Post by bbtrucking.inc »

Ill take Grannys

Bring the Heat
Freshman Team

Post by Bring the Heat »

You must have watched a different game, Jackson did make mistakes but could have played mistake free and would have still lost by a couple scores.
No doubt about that. A very good team for sure but so is Sheridan. Hoping for a good game by both teams.

jmarcum23
Waterboy

Post by jmarcum23 »

I will be out of town Friday. Does anyone know if this game will be carried on the radio or streaming anywhwere? I called WCLT and they said they are not covering this game (SHAME SHAME SHAME on them).

Update....I called around, the game will be on Z92.7 WHIZ.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Is 107.7 Buckeye country (Newark) covering Johnstown, Licking Valley or Granville this week ? They'd have to be doing one of these teams games. It's a streaming station w/ listen live for out of area listeners.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

Paladin wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:59 pm Gored - that’s not saying much. The MVL and Sheridan are both traditional run first . They may have set a passing record, but it’s still depends on being able to run the ball. They are used to a run heavy league and are themselves set up to depend on the run.Granville has the same D that TV uses - aggressive, disciplined, well coached. Shutting down Jackson easily means Sheridan is facing trouble.

Final Regular Season Stats https://www.zanesvilletimesrecorder.com ... /38370787/

Total Rushing Offense - 1831 yards & 36 TD's

Total Passing Offense - 1926 Total Yards with 21 TD's

Top Rusher - Will Hamilton 42 rushes for 424 yards & 9 TD's

Top Passer - Ethan Heller 104-162 for 1917 yards with 21 TD's & 5 INTS

Top Receivers - Jacob Rhodes 47 receptions for 908 yards & 10 TD's
Cole Casto 21 receptions for 316 yards & 2 TD's

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Good Luck to Granville....

Return to “Football”