Wadsworth 13 Tri-Valley 3 Round 2 Region 7 2018

Post Reply
mattash
Site Admin
Posts: 7162
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:20 pm

Wadsworth 13 Tri-Valley 3 Round 2 Region 7 2018

Post by mattash » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:59 pm

Thoughts?



FANOSPORTS
SEOP
Posts: 3392
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:14 pm
Location: NORTH OF EDEN

Re: #7 Tri-Valley vs. #3 Wadsworth

Post by FANOSPORTS » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:27 pm

Wadsworth in a close one.
"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"

Raider6309
SEOPS H
Posts: 6694
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: #7 Tri-Valley vs. #3 Wadsworth

Post by Raider6309 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:43 pm

Toss up. Winner gets Massillon ouch

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS
Posts: 5238
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:12 am
Location: the W
Contact:

Re: #7 Tri-Valley vs. #3 Wadsworth

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:46 pm

rooting for Tv but could go either way...
Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi

mattash
Site Admin
Posts: 7162
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:20 pm

Re: #7 Tri-Valley vs. #3 Wadsworth

Post by mattash » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:47 pm

Hopefully Tri Valley can pull it off.

VetteMan
All State
Posts: 1149
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: #7 Tri-Valley vs. #3 Wadsworth

Post by VetteMan » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:38 pm

Go Tri-Valley! You weren't supposed to be able to beat Barberton, we saw how that one turned out.

teach1coach2
Varsity
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: #7 Tri-Valley vs. #3 Wadsworth

Post by teach1coach2 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:03 pm

I watched a couple Wadsworth games on Spectrum. They run a lot of the same offensive formations and plays as Tri-Valley. They run if the other team can't stop the run and are balanced when playing better opponents. TV passes if you can't stop it and goes more balanced when needed. Defense swarms to the ball. Probably the most similar team to Tri-Valley I have seen.

Barberton's sophomore RB looks like a future D1 player. TV tackled him on the vast majority of run plays before he got started. When they threw short passes to him TV always managed to find a way to get him down but it sure looked like he could bust loose at any moment. Wadsworth has a lot of offensive weapons. Will be a lot harder to defend.

Paladin
SEOP
Posts: 3333
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:13 pm
Location: Warren-Youngstown, Ohio metro area

Re: #7 Tri-Valley vs. #3 Wadsworth

Post by Paladin » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:50 pm

I like the Grizzlies but expect a close game. Wadsworth by less than 7
Have gun, will travel

koondoger
Riding the Bench
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:53 pm

Re: #7 Tri-Valley vs. #3 Wadsworth

Post by koondoger » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:57 pm

Paladin wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:50 pm
I like the Grizzlies but expect a close game. Wadsworth by less than 7
I agree, tight game and could go either way.
That's how teh koondoger sees it! :mrgreen:

23tdb
Waterboy
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:08 am

Re: #7 Tri-Valley vs. #3 Wadsworth

Post by 23tdb » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:00 am

Toss up, but taking Tri Valley.

9.5 INCHES
Riding the Bench
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:03 pm
Location: UP IN DEEP

Re: #7 Tri-Valley vs. #3 Wadsworth

Post by 9.5 INCHES » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:14 am

Good Luck to Wadsworth....

VetteMan
All State
Posts: 1149
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: #7 Tri-Valley vs. #3 Wadsworth

Post by VetteMan » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:20 pm

I hope Tri-Valley win's but there strength of schedule bothers me just a little. Other than beating Barberton last week the only other Div-2 school that they played was Logan the first game of the year. There other 9 games were ( 3 ) Div-3, ( 4 ) Div-4, ( 1 ) Div-5, and ( 1 ) Div-6. Wadsworth on the other hand played ( 9 ) Div-2, and ( 2 ) Div-1 schools. It doesn't always come down to strength of schedule, but it does concern me a little.

roundtown98
Waterboy
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:09 am

Re: #7 Tri-Valley vs. #3 Wadsworth

Post by roundtown98 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:59 pm

Hope TV wins but it looks like they have a tough opponent this week.

teach1coach2
Varsity
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: #7 Tri-Valley vs. #3 Wadsworth

Post by teach1coach2 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:23 pm

VetteMan wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:20 pm
I hope Tri-Valley win's but there strength of schedule bothers me just a little. Other than beating Barberton last week the only other Div-2 school that they played was Logan the first game of the year. There other 9 games were ( 3 ) Div-3, ( 4 ) Div-4, ( 1 ) Div-5, and ( 1 ) Div-6. Wadsworth on the other hand played ( 9 ) Div-2, and ( 2 ) Div-1 schools. It doesn't always come down to strength of schedule, but it does concern me a little.
It is pretty much the same schedule TV plays each year. In 2020 when the MVL goes to divisions, TV will be D3 and play 4 D3 teams and 3 D4 teams in the MVL. The non-league will be D3 Zanesville, D2 Licking Heights, and TV is still hunting for a D2 or D3 team for week 1.

VetteMan
All State
Posts: 1149
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: #7 Tri-Valley vs. #3 Wadsworth

Post by VetteMan » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:11 pm

teach1coach2 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:23 pm
VetteMan wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:20 pm
I hope Tri-Valley win's but there strength of schedule bothers me just a little. Other than beating Barberton last week the only other Div-2 school that they played was Logan the first game of the year. There other 9 games were ( 3 ) Div-3, ( 4 ) Div-4, ( 1 ) Div-5, and ( 1 ) Div-6. Wadsworth on the other hand played ( 9 ) Div-2, and ( 2 ) Div-1 schools. It doesn't always come down to strength of schedule, but it does concern me a little.
It is pretty much the same schedule TV plays each year. In 2020 when the MVL goes to divisions, TV will be D3 and play 4 D3 teams and 3 D4 teams in the MVL. The non-league will be D3 Zanesville, D2 Licking Heights, and TV is still hunting for a D2 or D3 team for week 1.
I understand what you're saying, they being in the MVL they have to play the other teams in the league. I didn't realize that the MVL was going to divisions. Believe me, I want them to win, I was just concerned that Wadsworth has played a lot larger schools on there schedule.

User avatar
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo
Posts: 262664
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:39 pm
Location: Logan, Ohio

Re: #7 Tri-Valley vs. #3 Wadsworth

Post by noreply66 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:47 pm

3/0 tv
GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

teach1coach2
Varsity
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: #7 Tri-Valley vs. #3 Wadsworth

Post by teach1coach2 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:23 pm

Half time
TV 3
Wad 0

Final
Wad 13
TV 3

TV won the Barberton game last week, but the cost was big. Both TV QBs got hurt in 4th quarter last week. #19 Fritter (So) broke his wrist and did not play. #6 Fargus (Sr) popped his shoulder out on his passing arm and played in pain this week.

Proud of the Scotties. Good solid season. 10-2. League Co-Champs. Looking forward to being back to D3 next year.

Paladin
SEOP
Posts: 3333
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:13 pm
Location: Warren-Youngstown, Ohio metro area

Re: #7 Tri-Valley vs. #3 Wadsworth

Post by Paladin » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:49 pm

As I projected, a Grizzly win but a close game. Lots of snowball games tonite in Northern Ohio.
Have gun, will travel

VetteMan
All State
Posts: 1149
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: #7 Tri-Valley vs. #3 Wadsworth

Post by VetteMan » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:55 pm

Congrats Tri-Valley on a great year!

E High
Freshman Team
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 7:26 pm

Re: #7 Tri-Valley vs. #3 Wadsworth

Post by E High » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:19 am

Great year TV Didn’t realize they had 2 injured QB s. Explains their scoring struggles. Job well done 👍

mattash
Site Admin
Posts: 7162
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:20 pm

Re: Wadsworth 13 Tri-Valley 3 Round 2 Region 7 2018

Post by mattash » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:48 am

Wadsworth 13 Tri-Valley 3

teach1coach2
Varsity
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: Wadsworth 13 Tri-Valley 3 Round 2 Region 7 2018

Post by teach1coach2 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:09 am


Post Reply