2019 Ironton Tigers Outlook

ravensfan09
JV Team

Re: 2019 Ironton Tigers Outlook

Post by ravensfan09 »

To play in Ohio, your parents, or guardian, must live in Ohio.

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

Cato wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:50 pm Ashland had at least one player from South Point this year and there have been others, so Ohio to Kentucky must be ok

I thought you could go to an Ohio school and live out of state if you pay tuition?
They weren't the only one

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Santa ho ho wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:21 am Couple of things one I really don’t know where this young man lives but if you move schools in jr high like he moved to Ashland I don’t think it matters where you live im not 100 % on that but I think I’m correct, next all that really don’t matter because I was told he’s staying put in Ashland
That's the first I heard he's staying at Ashland, good luck to him whatever he does.

Santa ho ho
Waterboy

Post by Santa ho ho »

12gauge wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Cato wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:50 pm Ashland had at least one player from South Point this year and there have been others, so Ohio to Kentucky must be ok

I thought you could go to an Ohio school and live out of state if you pay tuition?
They weren't the only one
You can tuition is anywhere from 900 to 1100 per 9 weeks

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

I bet if you are good they will find a way to waive that tuition! Or at least lower it!

Cato
Riding the Bench

Post by Cato »

Regardless it doesn't make sense for a player to transfer to a district that they don't live in high school when you loose half the season and the playoffs.

Santa ho ho
Waterboy

Post by Santa ho ho »

Cato wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:32 pm Regardless it doesn't make sense for a player to transfer to a district that they don't live in high school when you loose half the season and the playoffs.
Every situation is different , football or sports isn’t everything and a kid could be in bad situation and feel setting out is worth getting away from what they are in now

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

Cato wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:32 pm Regardless it doesn't make sense for a player to transfer to a district that they don't live in high school when you loose half the season and the playoffs.
I dont think a player should be allowed to go out of state, or come in, but I do think that sometimes a transfer is warranted.

Santa ho ho
Waterboy

Post by Santa ho ho »

In normal situations I would say your right moving from state to state is silly but not in our area ,you can be in 3 states in 15 minutes some out of state transfers are closer than in state ones

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I think parents have a lot more say in those that transfer for sports related. 98% of the kids will be done with football in the area after they are done in high school. A few will find their way into a small college and try to stick it out with most coming home after their freshman year. Every now and then a kid might make some noise at a bigger school, but very rare. So starting in high school means the world to some at this level and they seek out where they can to do so.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

wobycat wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:20 pm I think parents have a lot more say in those that transfer for sports related. 98% of the kids will be done with football in the area after they are done in high school. A few will find their way into a small college and try to stick it out with most coming home after their freshman year. Every now and then a kid might make some noise at a bigger school, but very rare. So starting in high school means the world to some at this level and they seek out where they can to do so.
Truer words have not been written. I just wish players would represent the places that they actually live. Ironton is rich in tradition, but think how good South Point could have been if throughout the years their kids had stayed.

7 come 11
Waterboy

Post by 7 come 11 »

It’s south points responsibility to hire good cucahes , good role models for the young men , it’s their responsibility to ensure a good education. South point did neither thats why some of their better players moved elsewhere

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

7 come 11 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:50 pm It’s south points responsibility to hire good cucahes , good role models for the young men , it’s their responsibility to ensure a good education. South point did neither thats why some of their better players moved elsewhere
I would agree, but good players help make good coaches.

7 come 11
Waterboy

Post by 7 come 11 »

ravensfan09 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:50 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:20 pm I think parents have a lot more say in those that transfer for sports related. 98% of the kids will be done with football in the area after they are done in high school. A few will find their way into a small college and try to stick it out with most coming home after their freshman year. Every now and then a kid might make some noise at a bigger school, but very rare. So starting in high school means the world to some at this level and they seek out where they can to do so.
Truer words have not been written. I just wish players would represent the places that they actually live. Ironton is rich in tradition, but think how good South Point could have been if throughout the years their kids had stayed.
Every situation is different , say you have a son who’s a three year starter on a really good team but you and your son have a problem with the head coach meaning he’s a bully , verbally and mentally , every coach screams and yells and rips their butts football is a intense game but this coach crosses many lines , so if that kid wants out of that situation is it ok to transfer or just sit and take it Bc you need to have school pride and represent the school in which you live . So it’s not about playing time it’s not about how good the team is it’s about being happy . And before you say go above his head it’s not gonna happen he’s winning and has good numbers , 2 have left for the same reason

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

7 come 11 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:19 am
Every situation is different , say you have a son who’s a three year starter on a really good team but you and your son have a problem with the head coach meaning he’s a bully , verbally and mentally , every coach screams and yells and rips their butts football is a intense game but this coach crosses many lines , so if that kid wants out of that situation is it ok to transfer or just sit and take it Bc you need to have school pride and represent the school in which you live . So it’s not about playing time it’s not about how good the team is it’s about being happy . And before you say go above his head it’s not gonna happen he’s winning and has good numbers , 2 have left for the same reason
This sounds specific. My only question would be why only a couple have a difficult time. Usually more quit with that environment.

7 come 11
Waterboy

Post by 7 come 11 »

wobycat wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:42 am

This sounds specific. My only question would be why only a couple have a difficult time. Usually more quit with that environment.
You would have to be close to the program to understand , this isn’t a poor me issues it’s real ..

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

7 come 11 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:56 am
wobycat wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:42 am

You would have to be close to the program to understand , this isn’t a poor me issues it’s real ..
Situations like that are tough. My thought is...address the issue. Parent and player meet with the coach and establish the problem. That doesnt work...I go to the AD, then AD and Principal, and the AD, Principal, and Superintendent. That doesn't work I transfer. I do believe that you have to try and fix the issue first.

Caligula
Waterboy

Post by Caligula »

It’s called I didn’t get my just due so I punked out and transferred! True in both cases.

I-town-90
Freshman Team

Post by I-town-90 »

Caligula wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:41 pm It’s called I didn’t get my just due so I punked out and transferred! True in both cases.
Both kids had their reasons for transferring. You do not know why mine transferred, either from Ironton to Raceland or back to Ironton. My son couldn't be happier, neither can the other. It was a great move for both families.

Spike
Riding the Bench

Post by Spike »

Caligula wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:41 pm It’s called I didn’t get my just due so I punked out and transferred! True in both cases.
I read where one was a two way starter and the other a two year starter , so what just do are you speaking of ? These are kids your making up stuff about I would say tread carefully saying a kid punked out is pretty classy but I guess when it comes from a guy who thinks Ironton stole his offense hahahahaha and what coaching staff your part of it makes sense #Dingo

Return to “Football”