2019 Ironton Tigers Outlook

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: 2019 Ironton Tigers Outlook

Post by wobycat »

allamericanironman wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:20 pm They lost cause they were young, fellers. My theory is younger teams have trouble closing out ballgames. It almost gets infectious. Their secondary is probably gonna have advantage this year instead of disadvantage. I wouldn’t get too cocky yet. I bet there are a few burgers going to the scrimmage up on the hill.
Burg fans know that ironton is going to be a challenge but ironton fans seem to think that a young 6 and 5 team is going to be a state contender. That’s cocky. Or maybe these recruiting rumors are true. :lol:

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

The 2018 season was quite similar to the 2017 season. It wasn't about youth. It wasn't about conditioning. The upside to the 2018 season was attitude. The players did not let up like in recent years. Still present in 2018 and if things do not change, is the drive killing penalties and turnovers. You can field one heck of a team of players with talent, but if the penalties and turnovers continue, you will be going nowhere fast.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

I wasn’t at one game but I followed ironton last season. Who was making the turn overs? Who was false starting? Who was making the holding calls? Who made the pass interferences? I’d bet you it wasn’t the seniors! First year starters and sophomores and freshmen get those! And they are infectious when it starts happening. My young Ironmen had some of the same problems last year. It was our young players making the penalties not prepared or focusing. Go do some research and find out for yourself.

On defense they will line up offsides, jump offsides. they won’t watch the ball. Those guys all have to be mentally prepared because it’s gonna happen.
Last edited by allamericanironman on Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

3sUp wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:20 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:55 pm Ironton has the number 3 recruiting class
Wheelersburg the number 1

For 2019
Guess that puts Jackson at number 2 :lol:

You are correct
Gallia sits at 5

Blue/92
Riding the Bench

Post by Blue/92 »

Poo Bear wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:21 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:55 pm Ironton has the number 3 recruiting class
Wheelersburg the number 1

For 2019

You are correct
Gallia sits at 5
Just curious how Gallia sits at 5 with no rumors of transfers or "recruits" as they call them in Ironton?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Blue/92 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:17 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:21 pm

You are correct
Gallia sits at 5
Just curious how Gallia sits at 5 with no rumors of transfers or "recruits" as they call them in Ironton?

Relax man , we’re just having fun

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

wobycat wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:32 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:20 pm They lost cause they were young, fellers. My theory is younger teams have trouble closing out ballgames. It almost gets infectious. Their secondary is probably gonna have advantage this year instead of disadvantage. I wouldn’t get too cocky yet. I bet there are a few burgers going to the scrimmage up on the hill.
Burg fans know that ironton is going to be a challenge but ironton fans seem to think that a young 6 and 5 team is going to be a state contender. That’s cocky. Or maybe these recruiting rumors are true. :lol:
I ain't seen any posters saying that woby.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ArntunLegend wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:50 pm Da Tigers never lost a game last year caused by conditioning. They lost because of youth. That’s why they are LOADED this season. 6-5. And only lost one game by more than a TD. All playoff teams. Can’t wait til all you guys shut that pie hole week 1... As lopsided as it’s been recently. Your still down 17-12 in the series... Chugga Chugga CHoo Choo. There goes the Tigers
Here ya go. Tiger Bait

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

you'll get that sometimes woby. those that know , they know. ain't gonna happen overnight. had to change the whole culture there. but those that have been poking the bear will get bit n mauled soon.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Purdy good statement bait. Seems we have said that quite a bit these last few years.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
CGFAN#1
Freshman Team

Post by CGFAN#1 »

Spend your youth playing with your friends and graduate from your local school you will be remembered. Transfer in and help another school win you won't be remembered the same.
Ironton would have a solid football and basketball team without the transfers but would not be a conference contender without them.
One family transfers in then tries to get others to do the same so they don't get all the attention.
Local athletes need to stay where they are and they would find out Ironton is "Just Ironton" and just another game.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Well said the same could be said for Coal Grove.

BurgBaskets
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgBaskets »

Thinking Ironton will have a better year in 2019. The Burg game probably won't be close but I think Ironton has the potential to win most of their regular season games. Good luck to the young Tigers!

Spike
Riding the Bench

Post by Spike »

BurgBaskets wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:14 pm Thinking Ironton will have a better year in 2019. The Burg game probably won't be close but I think Ironton has the potential to win most of their regular season games. Good luck to the young Tigers!
Now don’t say that wheelersburg has a shot at keeping it close in the game against Ironton , Ironton returns 19 starters and has added 4 new faces all with lots of varsity starts so I woudntb call the tigers young

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Spike wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:52 pm
BurgBaskets wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:14 pm Thinking Ironton will have a better year in 2019. The Burg game probably won't be close but I think Ironton has the potential to win most of their regular season games. Good luck to the young Tigers!
Now don’t say that wheelersburg has a shot at keeping it close in the game against Ironton , Ironton returns 19 starters and has added 4 new faces all with lots of varsity starts so I woudntb call the tigers young
The Fighting Tigers had 6 Seniors on the Team last year, two were not starters, two were two way starters and two were one way starters. So, if you do the Math, that's 16 of 22 positions with starters returning and add three new faces with a lot of Varsity starts, two were two way starters and one was a one starter :D

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

If Ironton doesnt win the state title or at least get to the State Championship game and go at least 9-1 this entire season is going to be a horrendous disappointment for the tiger fans.

I have read they are loaded for bear, have 2 Ohio State players, will destroy Burg, and the roar is restored. Not to mention the Facebook posts about "The path to Canton." All of this after losing their last 4 games and finishing with a 6-5 record.

Ironton has a good team, has recruited fairly well, and should have a good season, but in my opinion you are rushing the program. A second year coach, loss of several key players, and a tough schedule may be tough to overcome.

The tiger faithful need to just hope they get back to 7/8 wins...win the OVC...and make the playoffs. That would be a very good season for Ironton.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

funny as heck hearing all the recruiting comments. wonder how wheelersburg has built it's program. every team has the opportunity for open enrollment.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:31 am funny as heck hearing all the recruiting comments. wonder how wheelersburg has built it's program. every team has the opportunity for open enrollment.
I’d say kids might be trying to get other kids to come play but there’s rumors of coaches for ironton doing this. I don’t if true or not but this goes back to parents. Kids just can’t come to a school on their own freewill. OHSAA is making it a little more difficult to transfer in. Pretty much have to move to district, which questions the West kid. Is he moving to ironton?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I hope so. we never had this in the mid 70's when I was in school. personally I don't like it. stay with your own athletes. but I did the same thing. I lived 8 miles out 141. right at the border of the rock hill/symmes valley district. just a couple houses past me was symmes valley. it was a 16 mile trip each way to the rock hill complex. and only 8 miles from my house to ironton's parking lot. that means so much when you have kids in sports and in different grades as well. though they are 6 months apart age wise. they were in different grades. my son we adopted was bi-racial and always asked about going to ironton. him and my oldest son always talked about getting to play for bob lutz. and it was half the distance travel wise. there were vitually no black or bi-racial children at rock hill at the time. and it just seemed like a great opportunity. I love the rock hill district, the school, and it's people. I lived in the district for 32 years, and even coached several sports there for years. it was a hard change to make actually but it made sense. and the kids had a whole new network of friends as well as their rock hill friends.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Who in there right mind would want to move to Ironton. Town is drying up and the utilities keep raising to make up for declining home owners . Is a football game worth that, I think not.

Return to “Football”