2019 Ironton Tigers Outlook

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: 2019 Ironton Tigers Outlook

Post by Poo Bear »

ballplayer1992 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:35 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:21 pm
ballplayer1992 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:15 pm
Poop...sorry, I meant "Poo." Yes, Ironton has made it further than Wheelersburg a few times, and yet both have the same amount of State Championships in football. Seems like Ironton has a little trouble rising to the occasion. Do you realize you are basically helping me prove my point?
Not really . It’s like the 8-4 teams who would laugh when Ohio State went 12-1 but lost in the championship game.
I just feel when you in the Peach Bowl you have no right to mock those on the big stage
Poop...darn, it happened again. If those 8-4 teams have the same amount of titles as Ohio State, then they have plenty of right to chirp a little. I mean I can see why you are envious...3 State Titles in Baseball, 2 State Titles in Football, and let's not forget about the Little League World Series Softball Championship. I mean if only Wheelersburg could compete with those "World Beaters" in Ironton lol.
Typical Burg fan. Good read

ballplayer1992
Freshman Team

Post by ballplayer1992 »

Poo Bear wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:52 pm
ballplayer1992 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:35 pm

Not really . It’s like the 8-4 teams who would laugh when Ohio State went 12-1 but lost in the championship game.
I just feel when you in the Peach Bowl you have no right to mock those on the big stage
Poop...darn, it happened again. If those 8-4 teams have the same amount of titles as Ohio State, then they have plenty of right to chirp a little. I mean I can see why you are envious...3 State Titles in Baseball, 2 State Titles in Football, and let's not forget about the Little League World Series Softball Championship. I mean if only Wheelersburg could compete with those "World Beaters" in Ironton lol.
Typical Burg fan. Good read
Typical Ironton Fighting "Tigger" fan...coulda, shoulda, woulda. Followed by about 20 what-ifs...what if the factories would not have closed, etc. You guys are the epitome of nostalgia.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

ballplayer1992 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:15 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:21 pm

So Ironton has made it farther than burg 6 more
Times in football ?
Poop...sorry, I meant "Poo." Yes, Ironton has made it further than Wheelersburg a few times, and yet both have the same amount of State Championships in football. Seems like Ironton has a little trouble rising to the occasion. Do you realize you are basically helping me prove my point?
my man poo, atta boy.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Max opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Max opinion »

ballplayer1992 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:52 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:00 am
ballplayer1992 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:00 pm
Slow your roll on Ironton "wrestling" with Mentor Lake Catholic. Ironton getting blasted by the Cougars 31-7 is more in line with tapping out than it is with "wrestling."
it were a shallackin. that's fer sure. my point was meeting these private schools in state championship games. the burg /Johnstown game was a beatin by the johnnies. the mentor lake catholic game over ironton was a shellacking. sorry bubba 2 can play this game. just excited about chattin around about football. and nobody brings it like the burgites on here.
You do understand that Wheelersburg has also faced off against private schools just a few times right? Warren JFK, the team Wheelersburg beat in 1989 is a private, Catholic school. Warren JFK is named after America's only Catholic President, John F Kennedy. Public schools face off against private schools numerous times every season. This is not a situation that is solely unique to Ironton, so I don't understand why you tried to make this a valid point? Answer me this, does anyone know or care how many total State Championship games Youngstown Cardinal Mooney has played in? No, people care that Mooney has won the State Championship Game 8 times. The fact is this, Wheelersburg and Ironton both have 2 State Championships in Football. The key difference is that Wheelersburg has a 100% winning percentage in the State Finals, and Ironton does not. I won't even delve into Wheelersburg's numerous State Titles in other sports (3 in Baseball).
You do understand this is a Ironton thread nothing to with how many times your team went to the state checkers tournament. Give thoughts about the Tigers upcoming season not about 1970 ring toss championship

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

ya know max, I don't see anything in the rules that states that. it's about ironton football. then burg folks get involved , which is great in my opinion. because they are such rivals. then the razzin begins. and we all have fun. you cain't talk about the past if you ain't got one. and both these programs do. yes the burg has a 100 percent batting average in state games. and the tigers has been to like 8 and won 2. it is quite the feat to pull off. yes from 80 till 07 ironton dominated the burg. from 2007 till 2018 burg has crushed the tigers. it is what it is. who cares where it goes ,that's what it's for. having fun. talking about our teams. there wouldn't be anybody on the ironton topics if it were not for burg fans. other than ohbuckeye and me.so slowly take a step back from the computer, finish yer milk. and turn on the view.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
ballplayer1992
Freshman Team

Post by ballplayer1992 »

Max opinion wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:51 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:00 am

it were a shallackin. that's fer sure. my point was meeting these private schools in state championship games. the burg /Johnstown game was a beatin by the johnnies. the mentor lake catholic game over ironton was a shellacking. sorry bubba 2 can play this game. just excited about chattin around about football. and nobody brings it like the burgites on here.
You do understand that Wheelersburg has also faced off against private schools just a few times right? Warren JFK, the team Wheelersburg beat in 1989 is a private, Catholic school. Warren JFK is named after America's only Catholic President, John F Kennedy. Public schools face off against private schools numerous times every season. This is not a situation that is solely unique to Ironton, so I don't understand why you tried to make this a valid point? Answer me this, does anyone know or care how many total State Championship games Youngstown Cardinal Mooney has played in? No, people care that Mooney has won the State Championship Game 8 times. The fact is this, Wheelersburg and Ironton both have 2 State Championships in Football. The key difference is that Wheelersburg has a 100% winning percentage in the State Finals, and Ironton does not. I won't even delve into Wheelersburg's numerous State Titles in other sports (3 in Baseball).
You do understand this is a Ironton thread nothing to with how many times your team went to the state checkers tournament. Give thoughts about the Tigers upcoming season not about 1970 ring toss championship
Fair enough. So, YOU'RE TIGER BAIT, and all other Ironton posters should never talk about the past, because like you mentioned, focus needs to be placed on the upcoming season, not the past. Consistency is key here. Ironton fans post on numerous threads talking about their great history and how no other schools in the area can compare. Or, about how the score of the Johnstown-Monroe vs Ironton game was closer than the Wheelersburg vs Johnstown-Monroe game. But, the moment other fans post about their schools being superior to Ironton in anything, the "Tiggers" get offended. You do understand this point, don't you?

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

ballplayer1992 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:56 am
Fair enough. So, YOU'RE TIGER BAIT, and all other Ironton posters should never talk about the past, because like you mentioned, focus needs to be placed on the upcoming season, not the past. Consistency is key here. Ironton fans post on numerous threads talking about their great history and how no other schools in the area can compare. Or, about how the score of the Johnstown-Monroe vs Ironton game was closer than the Wheelersburg vs Johnstown-Monroe game. But, the moment other fans post about their schools being superior to Ironton in anything, the "Tiggers" get offended. You do understand this point, don't you?
Well said the same could be said for the Wheelersburg posters.

ballplayer1992
Freshman Team

Post by ballplayer1992 »

Game day wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:59 am

Not necessarily, because according to the all-knowing YOU'RE TIGER BAIT, and all the other Ironton keyboard warriors, only Ironton has a history worthy of being discussed. I mean have you not heard about Ironton? The "Tiggers" have wrestled with Grizzly Bears, Bigfoot, and even the ferocious Private Schools. We should be allowed to discuss all of these things. Hell, I think Congress should enact a law that mandates that Ironton Football History be taught in all public schools across the United States of America. But, we can never mention Wheelersburg's superiority to Ironton in Baseball, Softball, or Academic Performance. Sound about right Fighting "Tigger" fans?

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

ballplayer1992 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:23 am
Game day wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:59 am
Not necessarily, because according to the all-knowing YOU'RE TIGER BAIT, and all the other Ironton keyboard warriors, only Ironton has a history worthy of being discussed. I mean have you not heard about Ironton? The "Tiggers" have wrestled with Grizzly Bears, Bigfoot, and even the ferocious Private Schools. We should be allowed to discuss all of these things. Hell, I think Congress should enact a law that mandates that Ironton Football History be taught in all public schools across the United States of America. But, we can never mention Wheelersburg's superiority to Ironton in Baseball, Softball, or Academic Performance. Sound about right Fighting "Tigger" fans?
BAM!!!

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

The last I looked this is 2019 Ironton Tiger Outlook. Now how many Wheelersburg poster do we have?

ballplayer1992
Freshman Team

Post by ballplayer1992 »

Game day wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:28 am The last I looked this is 2019 Ironton Tiger Outlook. Now how many Wheelersburg poster do we have?
True, but many Ironton posters mention Wheelersburg. Whether it be Ironton's superior history, or Ironton playing more competitively with Johnstown-Monroe. Since Ironton fans mention Wheelersburg frequently, shouldn't Wheelersburg fans be allowed to respond to Ironton fans? Hey, look at it this way, all these Wheelersburg posters are on this thread solely because we all want to be like Ironton. After all, Ironton is the best, if you don't believe me, just have YOU'RE TIGER BAIT tell you about their illustrious history.

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

ballplayer1992 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:50 am
Game day wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:28 am The last I looked this is 2019 Ironton Tiger Outlook. Now how many Wheelersburg poster do we have?
True, but many Ironton posters mention Wheelersburg. Whether it be Ironton's superior history, or Ironton playing more competitively with Johnstown-Monroe. Since Ironton fans mention Wheelersburg frequently, shouldn't Wheelersburg fans be allowed to respond to Ironton fans? Hey, look at it this way, all these Wheelersburg posters are on this thread solely because we all want to be like Ironton. After all, Ironton is the best, if you don't believe me, just have YOU'RE TIGER BAIT tell you about their illustrious history.
HAHAHAHA!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I have a lot of respect for Ironton making the state championship game 8 times. In no way does going 2-6 in those games take anything away from the Fighting Tigers great football history.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

trojandave wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:57 pm I have a lot of respect for Ironton making the state championship game 8 times. In no way does going 2-6 in those games take anything away from the Fighting Tigers great football history.
I agree but we are talking almost a decade ago. Times have changed in Ironton. I'm not sure they can get back to that year end, year out but they will field good teams.

ballplayer1992
Freshman Team

Post by ballplayer1992 »

trojandave wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:57 pm I have a lot of respect for Ironton making the state championship game 8 times. In no way does going 2-6 in those games take anything away from the Fighting Tigers great football history.
I agree, it is a great accomplishment. However, I have a problem with Ironton always living in the past and calling new powers Johnny-Come-Lately. I mean no matter what Marion Local, Coldwater, Kirtland, Wheelersburg, etc have done over the past decade it will never be what Ironton was in the 70s, 80s, and 90s according to some Ironton fans. The narcissism and nostalgia that Ironton fans display reaches ridiculous levels at times. To some, no matter what a school does, Ironton somehow did it better. Marion Local was not well known in the 70s and 80s like Ironton was. Call me crazy, but I would take Marion Local's 10 State Championships in Football since 2000 over anything Ironton has ever done.

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

It's easy put YTB on ignore or simply dont click on anything ironton.
both schools should be proud of their history because both are impressive
continue to call someone poop is just stupid and immature
good luck to both schools

ballplayer1992
Freshman Team

Post by ballplayer1992 »

TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:38 pm It's easy put YTB on ignore or simply dont click on anything ironton.
both schools should be proud of their history because both are impressive
continue to call someone poop is just stupid and immature
good luck to both schools
I'm certainly not trying to be rude, but I feel obligated to respond. Not using proper capitalization and punctuation also shows a lack of maturity on your part. These things are taught in elementary school. Maybe you should start using proper capitalization and punctuation to show your intellect, and maturity as an adult. It's easy. Have a good day mate!

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Sorry Mate , didn't know this was English 101. I will try to do better. Sometimes it's hard to remember your computer doesn't do what your smartphone does but hey thanks !!

ballplayer1992
Freshman Team

Post by ballplayer1992 »

TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:25 pm Sorry Mate , didn't know this was English 101. I will try to do better. Sometimes it's hard to remember your computer doesn't do what your smartphone does but hey thanks !!
I am on a laptop my friend, but good guess! You called me stupid first, remember that. If I were you, I would continue to delve into the topics of Ironton and Ironton St. Joseph history. Or, you could always relive the glory days over a cold brew at the Auger Inn or Knights of Columbus. Have a good one, my all-knowing Flyer/Tiger.

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

I used to enjoy a cold brew at the Auger. Never called you stupid, just calling someone poop is stupid. Not an expert on the tigers but yes I know quite a bit of history on my Flyers. Good day to you Sir. Good luck to your Pirates but I think this is IHS year.

Return to “Football”