ballplayer1992
Freshman Team

Re: 2019 Ironton Tigers Outlook

Post by ballplayer1992 »

Poo Bear wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:59 pm
ballplayer1992 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:58 pm
bleed_blue wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:46 pm
Wheelersburg also has a softball state championship as well
You beat me to the punch lol. The Lady Pirates have also finished State Runner-Up twice in softball. The Pirates dominating this region in baseball for nearly 15 years should also be noted. Regional Championships have to count for something.
Softball choked on big stage twice ?
Ouch
Wow, you have been waiting a little while to use that comeback, huh? You must be pretty bored Poop lol. I didn't realize I had that much of an impact on you.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

:roll:
bleed_blue wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:46 pm
Wheelersburg also has a softball state championship as well
You beat me to the punch lol. The Lady Pirates have also finished State Runner-Up twice in softball. The Pirates dominating this region in baseball for nearly 15 years should also be noted. Regional Championships have to count for something.
Ouch
:roll:

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

ballplayer1992 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:52 pm
Ouch
Wow, you have been waiting a little while to use that comeback, huh? You must be pretty bored Poop lol. I didn't realize I had that much of an impact on you.
Had to man , you said ironton football choked 6 times on big stage . Does that apply to burg ?

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Now this is looking more like an Ironton thread.🤣🤣😂😂

ballplayer1992
Freshman Team

Post by ballplayer1992 »

Poo Bear wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:16 pm

Ouch
Had to man , you said ironton football choked 6 times on big stage . Does that apply to burg ?
Not in this instance. Regarding Ironton choking 6 times, I was comparing the Kittens' performance to Wheelersburg's performance in their appearances in the State Championship game in football. This is completely different. Ironton has never even appeared on the big stage in softball. There is no point to be made against Wheelersburg in this case. The only point that can be made is that Wheelersburg is superior to the Kittens in softball.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

ballplayer1992 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:25 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:16 pm
Not in this instance. Regarding Ironton choking 6 times, I was comparing the Kittens' performance to Wheelersburg's performance in their appearances in the State Championship game in football. This is completely different. Ironton has never even appeared on the big stage in softball. There is no point to be made against Wheelersburg in this case. The only point that can be made is that Wheelersburg is superior to the Kittens in softball.
[/quote

Oh on , just know you bashed ironton for “choking” on big stage 6 times . I guess softball is different sport . All good

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

This thread, WOW..... How many of you are under 18? My guess is many, or acts like it anyhow.

Go Fighting Tigers....

ballplayer1992
Freshman Team

Post by ballplayer1992 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:02 pm This thread, WOW..... How many of you are under 18? My guess is many, or acts like it anyhow.

Go Fighting Tigers....
Well, let's see...I have "1992" in my username...my guess is you may not know how to do basic arithmetic lol. I love when one plays the "maturity" card. It is almost as good as one playing the "self-righteous" card. How does one become mature like yourself? Asking for a friend...

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ballplayer1992 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:20 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:02 pm This thread, WOW..... How many of you are under 18? My guess is many, or acts like it anyhow.

Go Fighting Tigers....
Well, let's see...I have "1992" in my username...my guess is you may not know how to do basic arithmetic lol. I love when one plays the "maturity" card. It is almost as good as one playing the "self-righteous" card. How does one become mature like yourself? Asking for a friend...
Yeah if you’re offended by anything on here, might not be a safe place for you. Who knows who’s typing and if they’re just doing it to get a rise out of you. I did hear ironton played well in their scrimmage. Might be the year of the tiger in the ovc

Relax. Just a joke.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Go Fighting Tigers....
I did say many OR acts like it anyhow.

Since you asked, I spent 20 years in the Military so you tend to mature or grow up fast lol.

KY.BUCKEYE
Freshman Team

Post by KY.BUCKEYE »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:12 am

Go Fighting Tigers....

Since you asked, I spent 20 years in the Military so you tend to mature or grow up fast lol.
Thanks for your service!!

G0 BuCKs
ballplayer1992
Freshman Team

Post by ballplayer1992 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:12 am

Go Fighting Tigers....

Thank you for your service, I appreciate it.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Now, let’s enjoy some Friday night Football.

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

With all of this maturing going on it makes me wonder why then has the conversation devolved so rapidly? At any rate, I'm pretty certain our self perceptions nor how many softball championship or invites to homecoming one got has a substantive impact regarding OP. In my estimate the only result shared by both Ironton & Wheelersburg presently that has any significance is the result of week one. History will not take one snap. Stadium quality opinion will not make one tackle. Rumor and innuendo will not complete one pass nor gain one single yard. When these teams face off in just a couple of weeks what we will see more of this season, is parity. They are going to match up very similary. The deciding factors will not be due to definitive dominance, but rather due to execution. On the field. On the sideline. In the booth.

There is no Goliath in the circle.

Who tackles well.
Who takes care of the ball.
Who is true in defensive coverage
Who is prepared mentally
Who forces turnovers
Who is prepared emotionally

Hunger. Discipline. Execution.

It's going to be a dog fight folks.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I hope this is an excellent game.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I heard that valley ran the ball well against Ironton..?? Any truth to that?

Max opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Max opinion »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:17 pm I heard that valley ran the ball well against Ironton..?? Any truth to that?
I would say no , but if you ask Ironton coaches they would say yes , Ironton missed a lot of tackles at the line and behind the line of a scrimmage, it’s really hard to tell how things would go in a game Bc of the format of 10 plays each as far as first downs go like the one time lucasville scored they fumbled and ironton recovered the play before , I like lucasville QB he ran well some called and other time for his life but he will have a good year , my opinion is based on they only scored once and that was the only time they threatened to score

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

is the Jackson scrimmage next week. and what day and time.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
14U
S

Post by 14U »

Max opinion wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:36 pm
BurgGrad6 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:17 pm I heard that valley ran the ball well against Ironton..?? Any truth to that?
I would say no , but if you ask Ironton coaches they would say yes , Ironton missed a lot of tackles at the line and behind the line of a scrimmage, it’s really hard to tell how things would go in a game Bc of the format of 10 plays each as far as first downs go like the one time lucasville scored they fumbled and ironton recovered the play before , I like lucasville QB he ran well some called and other time for his life but he will have a good year , my opinion is based on they only scored once and that was the only time they threatened to score
That’s why we play the scrimmages to get the little things taken care of and to work on what the teams need to get better at. I bet Ironton only ran plays they needed to work on against Valley starting 11. All teams are rusty until they get it out during scrimmages.Ironton is going to be ok with a lot of talent at skill positions!! Ironton showed last year where the program is heading and that’s the right direction. Ironton was strong, in condition where they haven’t been since lutz retired. Good Luck this year Fighting Tiger

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I agree, that's exactly what scrimmages are for. to see what you got and work it out. but me thinks the Jackson/ironton scrimmage will be a horse of a different color. these 2 are gonna bang it out I think.

Return to “Football”