2019 Ironton Tigers Outlook

timbo5252
Riding the Bench

Re: 2019 Ironton Tigers Outlook

Post by timbo5252 »

Anyone have the Tigers next year football schedule?

jgrlzz
Freshman Team

Post by jgrlzz »

IRONTON
8/30/2019 H Wheelersburg 7PM
9/6/2019 H Russell
9/13/2019 H Proctorville Fairland 7PM
9/20/2019
9/27/2019 A South Point 7PM
10/4/2019 A Chesapeake 7PM
10/11/2019 H Ironton Rock Hill 7PM
10/18/2019 A Coal Grove Dawson-Bryant 7PM
10/25/2019 A Gallipolis Gallia Academy 7PM
11/1/2019 H Portsmouth 7PM

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

what a year makes. Think back to what was being said about Ironton Football one year ago in December 2017. Now...Think to December 2018.....wow......if the 2nd year is as much improved as the 1st.....skys the limit.......

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

glad to see the fighting tigers on the burg schedule. Ashland will be a great series to start. we now have a common playoff opponent in Johnstown Monroe now. who was the state runner up, the Johnstown Monroe johnnies. ironton lost to them something like 15-7, or very similar. burg lost to them 32-14. and before everybody gets all bent out of shape. all the burg posters I saw their posts or talked to here. the said the johnnies dominated them. with that said and ironton's result with them. maybe ironton and the burg is getting closer in competitiveness. that's all I'm saying. don't read anymore into than that. which is exactly what pirate/tiger fans want. great games that either team could win. we all know how ironton finished dropping several games where we had huge leads. I see that as young mistakes coaching and player wise. and see that getting addressed. if they learn to finish people off. they could be a hard out. the burg/tiger game this year. it was closer, and a bit more even. but burg still won like 28-6. but compared to the last several that was a step in the right direction. face it, we all want these 2 teams closer in stature again. which would make the game all that more competitive. I look for the young fighting tigers and staff to continue to grow and thrive. and that is good for this closely contested series, and southern ohio football as a whole.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
TCat
Riding the Bench

Post by TCat »

countywide35 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:49 am what a year makes. Think back to what was being said about Ironton Football one year ago in December 2017. Now...Think to December 2018.....wow......if the 2nd year is as much improved as the 1st.....skys the limit.......
Talk doesn't win games.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

TCat wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:50 am
countywide35 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:49 am what a year makes. Think back to what was being said about Ironton Football one year ago in December 2017. Now...Think to December 2018.....wow......if the 2nd year is as much improved as the 1st.....skys the limit.......
Talk doesn't win games.
O please by no means am I beating my fists off my chest trying to be cocky in anyway shape or form. I apologize for you taking it that way. I am an outsider looking in and just a high school football fan. And it’s hard to be one in SEO since the 80s and ironton not be a part of football talk. I was simply stating from last at year at this point I think the program was in complete turmoil and actually didn’t have a coach I believe until school was almost out if it school wasn’t already out. That’s pretty late in the game to get the team going for the first time is in June and then at end of the story they make it to the playoffs. And a has high school football fan , that is an awesome story! That’s all I meant by saying what a difference a year makes.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I heard there's a Linemen coming back to Ironton after being away for a couple years, hear he's a good one too.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

countywide35 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:05 pm
TCat wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:50 am
Talk doesn't win games.
O please by no means am I beating my fists off my chest trying to be cocky in anyway shape or form. I apologize for you taking it that way. I am an outsider looking in and just a high school football fan. And it’s hard to be one in SEO since the 80s and ironton not be a part of football talk. I was simply stating from last at year at this point I think the program was in complete turmoil and actually didn’t have a coach I believe until school was almost out if it school wasn’t already out. That’s pretty late in the game to get the team going for the first time is in June and then at end of the story they make it to the playoffs. And a has high school football fan , that is an awesome story! That’s all I meant by saying what a difference a year makes.
you'll get that sometimes county. I admire your support of the tigers. and I know you and your family. and it's an honor to have an outsider like yourself enjoy the tradition of fighting tiger football. so I know you're a fan. it's the off season. some people want to argue and bicker because there's nothing more to talk about. we both know fighting tiger football is coming back to life. I don't have time to argue. I have things to do like change my sweeper bag, trim my toenails and change my blinker fluid. we need to meet up and go to a tiger game together sometime.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

I hear trevor will head back to west at first chance.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

And who told you that? By the way it is Trevon.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

callie15 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:28 pm I hear trevor will head back to west at first chance.
why is this post even here.

Santa ho ho
Waterboy

Post by Santa ho ho »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:54 pm I heard there's a Linemen coming back to Ironton after being away for a couple years, hear he's a good one too.
This will the telling sign if people around the tri state think Itonton is back , kids will start showing up . I understand this one is from across the River this is the second one from KY that’s transferred in , are there More coming ?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

it is totally unfair to judge anyone for transferring a kid at this point. it's called open enrollment, every school does it. it only becomes a relevant thing to gossip about if the child is an athlete. I know a child that lives in ironton and go to school in coal grove because of bullying. but it is never mentioned because of athletics not being involved.

Santa ho ho
Waterboy

Post by Santa ho ho »

In no way am I judging anyone especially a kid , my son was a transfer . My point was if the surrounding areas think ironton is back or on their way back kids will start to show up

paulwheeler
Riding the Bench

Post by paulwheeler »

I agree with your statement.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Santa ho ho wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:00 am In no way am I judging anyone especially a kid , my son was a transfer . My point was if the surrounding areas think ironton is back or on their way back kids will start to show up
actually I didn't mean it that way to you santa. I apologize. what I was actually saying was posters make it seem so taboo in general to discuss it, or believe their school or anybody else's could be doing that. when I played it never happened at ironton. but that has since changed. so we need to just accept it as a whole, and realize, it may be the one legit at a life changing event through a scholarship and changing your life forever for the better. I'm sorry if it came across that way santa, I didn't intend for it to. sometimes the tv is on or music and it vaporlocks my ole brain. you said nothing offensive in your post.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Sounds like what everyone in Ironton wants is a Week 1 win...here is hoping we bring another lump of coal for you.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ole honest abe , always the wise cracker.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Curious, who was Portsmouth Wests best player last year?

😁

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I don't get it buckeye, but I been hit in the head a lot too.

Return to “Football”