2019 Ironton Tigers Outlook

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: 2019 Ironton Tigers Outlook

Post by wobycat »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:31 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:22 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:36 pm I’ve heard rumors too but that doesn’t mean anything. The kid from west that came is the only one that would raise an eyebrow especially since West isn’t scrimmaging ironton anymore
The west kid that went to Burg or Ironton ?

Pretty sure Poo he went to I-Town when Penedelton was hired.
That sounds right.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

wobycat wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:34 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:22 pm

The west kid that went to Burg or Ironton ?

That sounds right.
Oh . I swear there was a stud kid from west who went to Burg and plays QB on 8th grade team . Maybe I was wrong on that

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Poo Bear wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:46 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:34 pm

That sounds right.
Oh . I swear there was a stud kid from west who went to Burg and plays QB on 8th grade team . Maybe I was wrong on that
No There was a kid that came from west his 8th grade year to burg but the context of the conversation was the rumor of ironton coach recruiting in which I said the only thing that would have sounded fishy was the kid that went to ironton from west as a sophomore. Which means he would have to be living in ironton now to be eligible the entire year. He may have moved. Don’t know but that’s the only thing that I heard in the rumor mill.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Rumors, didn’t think they were aloud on this site.

GO FIGHTING TIGERS........

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Lol this whole forum is about rumors and opinions. Have you not read any burg threads? Lol

But seriously,did a kid from west not transfer to ironton for this season? I’ll retract if it’s not true.

Max opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Max opinion »

Yes there is a player from West Portsmouth that MOVED to ironton , just like the player who MOVED to wheelersburg from Ironton last year it happens ,

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Max opinion wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:49 am Yes there is a player from West Portsmouth that MOVED to ironton , just like the player who MOVED to wheelersburg from Ironton last year it happens ,
Great. Not a rumor.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

wobycat wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:36 pm I’ve heard rumors too but that doesn’t mean anything. The kid from west that came is the only one that would raise an eyebrow especially since West isn’t scrimmaging ironton anymore
All I know is SUPPOSEDLY Raceland and South Point have both reported Ironton to the OHSAA. I was just looking for any clarification on the subject. Had anyone else heard this, etc. But since everyone wants to get their panties in a bunch, I'll retract my previous statement and leave it be. I guess we'll know more if it is true. If not, that's fine too.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Jolly,the Tigers are coming.There is nothing you can say or do to derail it.You had a nice run.Coming from a pirate fan who is talking about illegal recruiting is laughable.

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

Raceland called the OHSAA ? Pot .. meet kettle ..

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Pirates fans panicking is sorta priceless tbh - could there be an opening season beatdown in Tigertown that will follow last years Johnstown smackdown in Appletown.

Back to back L's?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Dandy Don wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:58 pm Pirates fans panicking is sorta priceless tbh - could there be an opening season beatdown in Tigertown that will follow last years Johnstown smackdown in Appletown.

Back to back L's?
I know this will be the most ready Ironton Team we've seen in awhile.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

The Ironton/Jackson scrimmage will be packed !!! What a great way to start the football season watching these two storied programs strap em on lace em up for the first time this year!!
There will be pads popping all over the place !!!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I would think if there was any investigation. it would be stopped right at the beginning or at least let the coach know what’s up. If south point is wanting to investigate they should report Ashland lol. A lot of there kids went there. Pendleton is young and seems to be doing good with the kids. There averaging over 50 kids a day for weights and running. That’s impressive. Everyone’s goal is to beat wheelersburg. They are the top dog. The transfers and investigation talk is all we read on here lol.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Gone Country
Waterboy

Post by Gone Country »

The goal of the players and staff is to not lose to anyone. The team mentioned just happens to be first up. The last few years were lopsided not because of lack of will by players but lack of discipline and hard work. The kids have always been there but it requires leadership and energy. Today there is discipline and the work ethic has returned, I doubt anyone would question that. We shall find out soon if it enough to turn the tables. The recruiting fairy tales are just that, SEOPS.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

great post country.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
ArntunLegend
Waterboy

Post by ArntunLegend »

Ironic hearing Wheelersburg posters talk about transfers. You can definitely sense the doubt creeping into their minds. Coach Pendleton and his staff Doesn’t have to recruit kids. Their program is doing it for them. When you have a kid like Carrico that’s the highest rated recruit probably ever from our area and Coach has schools coming from all over the country everyday this spring to Ironton that all they need to do. Everywhere you turn you hear about Ironton football and it’s resurgence. Parents now days think their kids are the next pro bowl player and will do whatever it takes to get them that opportunity. Coach Pendleton also got the Salyers kid a full ride at YSU. I think everyone knows what’s coming. You can’t avoid it. Like standing on the tracks when a train is coming through. Choo choo Here comes the Fighting Tigers!

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

ArntunLegend wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:05 pm Ironic hearing Wheelersburg posters talk about transfers. You can definitely sense the doubt creeping into their minds. Coach Pendleton and his staff Doesn’t have to recruit kids. Their program is doing it for them. When you have a kid like Carrico that’s the highest rated recruit probably ever from our area and Coach has schools coming from all over the country everyday this spring to Ironton that all they need to do. Everywhere you turn you hear about Ironton football and it’s resurgence. Parents now days think their kids are the next pro bowl player and will do whatever it takes to get them that opportunity. Coach Pendleton also got the Salyers kid a full ride at YSU. I think everyone knows what’s coming. You can’t avoid it. Like standing on the tracks when a train is coming through. Choo choo Here comes the Fighting Tigers!
6-5 last year. Lol Maybe ironton should focus on winning the conference. Burg had two kids go D1 last year too. They just didn’t broadcast it all over the place.

ArntunLegend
Waterboy

Post by ArntunLegend »

Can you list them? I didn’t know that

Gone Country
Waterboy

Post by Gone Country »

ArntunLegend wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:05 pm Ironic hearing Wheelersburg posters talk about transfers. You can definitely sense the doubt creeping into their minds. Coach Pendleton and his staff Doesn’t have to recruit kids. Their program is doing it for them. When you have a kid like Carrico that’s the highest rated recruit probably ever from our area and Coach has schools coming from all over the country everyday this spring to Ironton that all they need to do. Everywhere you turn you hear about Ironton football and it’s resurgence. Parents now days think their kids are the next pro bowl player and will do whatever it takes to get them that opportunity. Coach Pendleton also got the Salyers kid a full ride at YSU. I think everyone knows what’s coming. You can’t avoid it. Like standing on the tracks when a train is coming through. Choo choo Here comes the Fighting Tigers!
The reason the colleges are recruiting hard is because the word travels fast that our staff is doing the right things to get the kids ready to play, mentally and physically. College coaches are a close fraternity and word travels fast, not only the work but the word. When Pendleton tells them he has a kid they would like, they figure it's so. Carrico is an upper tier high school player with attitude and aptitude to go along with it but there are others on this team as well. Pendleton gets the lion's share of the credit for the recruiting success. Like I said before, kids have to have the discipline and work ethic instilled in them and it takes more than 3-4 months for a lot of them, like it was last year. Laser is correct though... they were 6-5 last year. LOL

Return to “Football”