2019 Ironton Tigers Outlook

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2019 Ironton Tigers Outlook

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I believe they will. hope to make some more games this year. momma bait is considered disabled now, and on social security from numerous ailments. and she'll be with me on Friday's now. so i'll have someone to drive with me there and back.
we'll be at the burg game to kick off our 40th high school reunion.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
paulwheeler
Riding the Bench

Post by paulwheeler »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:00 pm
Mavrick2016 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:29 am The Fighting Tigers, 7-7 will be Saturday July 13th.
Does anyone know how the 7 on 7 went today?

I believe the Teams were:

Ironton
Huntington, WV,
Spring Valley WV
Western Brown
Fairland
Oak Hill
I thought Ironton looked much improved in many areas. Strength and speed of the kids appeared to be better. I also thought the secondary looked better they seem to understand their assignments and played with great effort.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

very nice write up in the herald dispatch on fubback beau brownstead. heath brownstead's son. who was a fullback at ironton back in the day. he was on the 89 state title team.then had an awesome career as a furman purple paladin. beau is a transfer from the raceland, ky. rams. so he didn't even change colors as they are orange and black as well. I know both his parents well heath and lori. great people. I hope you have a great year. he is a senior. and has already had about a dozen college offers.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

paulwheeler wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:47 am
Mavrick2016 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:29 am The Fighting Tigers, 7-7 will be Saturday July 13th.

Ironton
Huntington, WV,
Spring Valley WV
Western Brown
Fairland
Oak Hill
I thought Ironton looked much improved in many areas. Strength and speed of the kids appeared to be better. I also thought the secondary looked better they seem to understand their assignments and played with great effort.
Sounds good, thanks for the update.

I see they have another 7 on 7 at Raceland coming up.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:34 pm

Ironton
Huntington, WV,
Spring Valley WV
Western Brown
Fairland
Oak Hill

I can’t tell anything from those passing scrimmages.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Poo Bear wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:52 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:34 pm

I can’t tell anything from those passing scrimmages.

Isn’t that the truth. Take the element of hitting out. Anyone can play the game.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironton folks. Can anyone provide me a pee wee football coaches telephone number. PM me if you do. Thanks in advance.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I could but I have no idea who coaches pee wee anymore. would someone help county out. I know why he wants to know. and it's very nobel, and humbling.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:44 pm I could but I have no idea who coaches pee wee anymore. would someone help county out. I know why he wants to know. and it's very nobel, and humbling.
Thanks bait!!

Yeppers bait you would know why I am huntin a number up

Great Proposition If I can get a number to the right guy

Gotta have it quick so we can get it planned

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Ironton will wear that target on there back this season ! Being the front runner!

Max opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Max opinion »

I don’t agree , how can you be the front runner or favorite if you haven’t beat anybody yet . Ironton will have their chance week one to knock off the front runner

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

countywide35 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:52 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:44 pm I could but I have no idea who coaches pee wee anymore. would someone help county out. I know why he wants to know. and it's very nobel, and humbling.
Thanks bait!!

county I asked on facebook. someone will send me the info. and i'll put ya'll in touch.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Max opinion wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:33 am I don’t agree , how can you be the front runner or favorite if you haven’t beat anybody yet . Ironton will have their chance week one to knock off the front runner
IHS has to prove it.
Earn it.
Reclaim it.

Any team can do this.

It sounds promising for IHS.

Folks are excited for the tigers, & they should be.
One team cannot be on top forever & we saw that with the decade flip-flop from IHS to WHS.

I posted 8 years ago, it’s cyclical.

It is.

It’ll be a good game one & I’m happy for Bait that he’s planning on his 40th year ReUnion.

Have fun Ol’ neighborhood Amigo!

GOTIGERSGO!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

we hope to have a wonderful time. and see an upset Friday night my ole friend.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:26 am
countywide35 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:52 pm
Thanks bait!!

county I asked on facebook. someone will send me the info. and i'll put ya'll in touch.

Bait. Thanks so much for the help !!! The calls been made and the ball kicked off. Appreciate ya friend

Mel Kiper
Waterboy

Post by Mel Kiper »

I see the potential of this tigers team being able to burn burgs ship this year

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Mel Kiper wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:24 am I see the potential of this tigers team being able to burn burgs ship this year
Well with this post and your other seven intelligent posts on one of the other threads I will just say that I think Burg has the water "cannon" to prevent that fire.

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:20 pm
Mel Kiper wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:24 am I see the potential of this tigers team being able to burn burgs ship this year
Well with this post and your other seven intelligent posts on one of the other threads I will just say that I think Burg has the water "cannon" to prevent that fire.
Abe you suppose Mel is a Burg fan trying to get his team fired up? :o

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Wellston Ironman wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:35 pm
I’m a burg fan and I think ironton holds the advantage right now. Ironton has a more experienced team. Now my opinion might change if I get to watch both scrimmages but right now I’d give the nod to the tigers

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

wobycat wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:36 pm
Wellston Ironman wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:35 pm

I’m a burg fan and I think ironton holds the advantage right now. Ironton has a more experienced team. Now my opinion might change if I get to watch both scrimmages but right now I’d give the nod to the tigers
I would have to say that the Burg holds the advantage until they would get knocked off , Ironton has not even won the OVC in last few years

Return to “Football”