2019 Ironton Tigers Outlook

Spike
Riding the Bench

Re: 2019 Ironton Tigers Outlook

Post by Spike »

Coach Pendleton is working very hard putting the boys name out there , look for some big time offers heading to the players in the next couple of years

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I think that Is something that is great. and I admire that. great seeing all our local athletes getting seen by colleges and universities. I wish them all luck.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
ArntunLegend
Waterboy

Post by ArntunLegend »

Arntun is making a comeback... the sleeping giant of the south. RTD RTD RTD Return To Dominance

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Spike wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:30 am Coach Pendleton is working very hard putting the boys name out there , look for some big time offers heading to the players in the next couple of years
Let's not get carried away. Pendleton was a terrific player in his own right, and he was a walk-on at MSU. Getting looked at is not the same as an offer. Holden got some attention from Ohio State, but I don't think an official offer was made and he was definitely a big time player. Carrico may get some big time offers, depends on his production this year. Salyers is probably in that walk-on maybe some smaller D-1. No one else stands out at this time to me, but I'm not too familiar with their O-line.

There are about what 120 D1 football schools and about 20 to 25 of them would be considered big time programs. There are probably about 20,000 high school football teams, so that's hard to compete with.

I do agree that he's doing a good job reaching out for players to compete at the next level should they choose to do so.

Spike
Riding the Bench

Post by Spike »

wobycat wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:39 am
Spike wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:30 am Coach Pendleton is working very hard putting the boys name out there , look for some big time offers heading to the players in the next couple of years
Let's not get carried away. Pendleton was a terrific player in his own right, and he was a walk-on at MSU. Getting looked at is not the same as an offer. Holden got some attention from Ohio State, but I don't think an official offer was made and he was definitely a big time player. Carrico may get some big time offers, depends on his production this year. Salyers is probably in that walk-on maybe some smaller D-1. No one else stands out at this time to me, but I'm not too familiar with their O-line.

There are about what 120 D1 football schools and about 20 to 25 of them would be considered big time programs. There are probably about 20,000 high school football teams, so that's hard to compete with.

I do agree that he's doing a good job reaching out for players to compete at the next level should they choose to do so.
Wasn’t the reason Pendleton had to walk on was because of his injury and teams pulled offers ? But Your right there is a big difference in getting looks and getting offers , from what I was told by people I trust is that Ironton will have around 4-6 kids this year get solid offers maybe not all D1 but solid offers

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Spike wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:27 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:39 am

Wasn’t the reason Pendleton had to walk on was because of his injury and teams pulled offers ? But Your right there is a big difference in getting looks and getting offers , from what I was told by people I trust is that Ironton will have around 4-6 kids this year get solid offers maybe not all D1 but solid offers
I’m not sure. Just know he was a walk on at Michigan State. Pendleton was a really good player. His injury was nasty. Hurt them against Burg. I’d say 4-6 kids sounds about right. Carrico probably has the best chance landing a good one. He has size. Can’t teach that.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

wobycat wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:47 pm I believe two have left. Good luck to those athletes. I think burg was going to be in D 4 so they sent them packing. Lol. Just kidding. Not sure why they left.
Who left? Were they transfers?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

whether coach Pendleton walked on or not I have no idea. but the man was a starter, scored a touchdown in the rose bowl. and is now a head coach. if that ain't determination, i'll eat yer hat. tyler whaley from ironton was a walk on at ohio state as well. and we all saw how that worked out. and there is a book about tank. the fact that someone starts and gets a scholarship as a walk on , it's all I ever have to know bout their desire to persevere.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:12 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:47 pm I believe two have left. Good luck to those athletes. I think burg was going to be in D 4 so they sent them packing. Lol. Just kidding. Not sure why they left.
One was here for baseball I believe but was only here for a year. The other went with his brother to valley. The brothers were more football kids and were at burg quite awhile.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:43 am
spider2Ybanana wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:12 pm
One was here for baseball I believe but was only here for a year. The other went with his brother to valley. The brothers were more football kids and were at burg quite awhile.
Sometimes know matter how great the kids are it’s worth it just to get rid of the parents

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I see Carrico has visits coming up with Iowa State, Nebraska and Ohio State. Salyers and Fosson has a visit with Miami of Ohio and have already been to Eastern, ky while one of the new Players has visited Furman.

Go Fighting Tigers, keep up the hard work.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

Salyers also has been invited to Ohio State Spring Practice, and invite only camp.
He's also been invite to Michigan State camp.

Spike
Riding the Bench

Post by Spike »

Seen yesterday where , salyers and fosson are going to Miami of Ohio jr day and Reid is also going to Ohio state spring game congratulations guys keep up the hard work

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I love hearing this about our local young'uns. good luck to all of em.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:58 pm I see Carrico has visits coming up with Iowa State, Nebraska and Ohio State. Salyers and Fosson has a visit with Miami of Ohio and have already been to Eastern, ky while one of the new Players has visited Furman.

Add Wisconsin to Carrico's list

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

sweet.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Great recognition for these young men. Great to hear good things happening for them !

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

me too county. I love seeing local kids furthering their education.
and I love getting to see them play sports as well.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:02 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:58 pm I see Carrico has visits coming up with Iowa State, Nebraska and Ohio State. Salyers and Fosson has a visit with Miami of Ohio and have already been to Eastern, ky while one of the new Players has visited Furman.

Add Wisconsin to Carrico's list
And now Michigan State

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Are these just visits? Or his he receiving actual offers?

Return to “Football”