2019 Ironton Tigers Outlook

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: 2019 Ironton Tigers Outlook

Post by wobycat »

12gauge wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:28 pm
wobycat wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:11 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:31 am funny as heck hearing all the recruiting comments. wonder how wheelersburg has built it's program. every team has the opportunity for open enrollment.
I’d say kids might be trying to get other kids to come play but there’s rumors of coaches for ironton doing this. I don’t if true or not but this goes back to parents. Kids just can’t come to a school on their own freewill. OHSAA is making it a little more difficult to transfer in. Pretty much have to move to district, which questions the West kid. Is he moving to ironton?
Rumors are just that. Weren't you crying on the other thread about peoples claims of their cheating. I can't seem to find that thread now,the one where Wheelersburg issues a statement,lol
Double standard,but hey being a mod gives you the right
Lol
No crying. Just telling facts on that thread. On this thread I said rumors. That’s why I put the emphasis on parents. It’s not like kids come because someone asks them to come. The parents have to allow it.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

wobycat wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:14 pm
wobycat wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:11 am

I’d say kids might be trying to get other kids to come play but there’s rumors of coaches for ironton doing this. I don’t if true or not but this goes back to parents. Kids just can’t come to a school on their own freewill. OHSAA is making it a little more difficult to transfer in. Pretty much have to move to district, which questions the West kid. Is he moving to ironton?
Rumors are just that. Weren't you crying on the other thread about peoples claims of their cheating. I can't seem to find that thread now,the one where Wheelersburg issues a statement,lol
Lol
No crying. Just telling facts on that thread. On this thread I said rumors. That’s why I put the emphasis on parents. It’s not like kids come because someone asks them to come. The parents have to allow it.
Heard one of the top new 8th Grade burg players already left

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I believe two have left. Good luck to those athletes. I think burg was going to be in D 4 so they sent them packing. Lol. Just kidding. Not sure why they left.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

wobycat wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:47 pm I believe two have left. Good luck to those athletes. I think burg was going to be in D 4 so they sent them packing. Lol. Just kidding. Not sure why they left.
😂

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

[youtube][/youtube]
Poo Bear wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:32 pm

Lol
Said it many times
Burgs not for everyone

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Lol
I'm hearing there is others to follow.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

BigBlueNation wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:22 pm

I'm hearing there is others to follow.
Those who leave probably are the ones he’s talking about when he said it’s not for everyone. It’s a true statement. You have to be willing to compete for every position, not just for the year but every snap, accept roles, conform to the team and program but most importantly perform in the classroom.

Spike
Riding the Bench

Post by Spike »

ravensfan09 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:43 pm If Ironton doesnt win the state title or at least get to the State Championship game and go at least 9-1 this entire season is going to be a horrendous disappointment for the tiger fans.

I have read they are loaded for bear, have 2 Ohio State players, will destroy Burg, and the roar is restored. Not to mention the Facebook posts about "The path to Canton." All of this after losing their last 4 games and finishing with a 6-5 record.

Ironton has a good team, has recruited fairly well, and should have a good season, but in my opinion you are rushing the program. A second year coach, loss of several key players, and a tough schedule may be tough to overcome.

The tiger faithful need to just hope they get back to 7/8 wins...win the OVC...and make the playoffs. That would be a very good season for Ironton.
If your goal as a team is not make it to canton then you have the wrong person or people running your program and you saying JUST win the OVC is ridiculous if that’s your goal then
Your not wanting much , changing the mindset and expecting to win is exactly what the Tigers needed , next nobody said Ironton had 2 Ohio state players what was said Ohio state contacted the school about 2 players . Sounds like your very jealous of Ironton well you might as well get use to it because they are gonna get Better and better each year

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

JTEK wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:50 am
Dandy Don wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:21 am Outlook is that the Tigers start season 1-0. And I think a lot of fans from both programs starting to come to grips with it. Some aren't taking it so well.
I’m not sure how many people would agree with the outlook that the tigers start 1-0. I think just about everyone will agree that its more of a possibility than the past 4-5 years. I think a lot of tiger fans haven’t taken there fall to mediocrity so well and they think they are back. I look forward to the burg not being able to mark down week 1 as a win before the game is played.
Based on how the 2018 year ended with common opponents, and as youthful as some of the Ironton players were at the time I really look for this to be an old-school Ironton, throw-back, physical drubbing. You can almost feel the shift of momentum, sense the swagger creeping back to Ironton and leaving the Burg. What comes around...goes around.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Dandy Don wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:23 am
JTEK wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:50 am
Dandy Don wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:21 am Outlook is that the Tigers start season 1-0. And I think a lot of fans from both programs starting to come to grips with it. Some aren't taking it so well.
I’m not sure how many people would agree with the outlook that the tigers start 1-0. I think just about everyone will agree that its more of a possibility than the past 4-5 years. I think a lot of tiger fans haven’t taken there fall to mediocrity so well and they think they are back. I look forward to the burg not being able to mark down week 1 as a win before the game is played.
Based on how the 2018 year ended with common opponents, and as youthful as some of the Ironton players were at the time I really look for this to be an old-school Ironton, throw-back, physical drubbing. You can almost feel the shift of momentum, sense the swagger creeping back to Ironton and leaving the Burg. What comes around...goes around.
How much swagger and momentum do you get from losing your last 3 games? Burgs offseason weight program is to the point where they don’t take many physical drubbings. Exactly what leads you to believe burgs lost their swagger? They are coming off a state title and a state semi appearance.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

according to the numbers I saw on another topic, it looks like ironton possibly has dropped to d6.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:10 am according to the numbers I saw on another topic, it looks like ironton possibly has dropped to d6.
CB numbers haven't been added. They will be in D5 but they are headed for d6 in the future

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

JTEK wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:15 am
How much swagger and momentum do you get from losing your last 3 games? Burgs offseason weight program is to the point where they don’t take many physical drubbings. Exactly what leads you to believe burgs lost their swagger? They are coming off a state title and a state semi appearance.
It's how each of them lost their last game that is pretty telling -

Burg took a physical drubbing their last game - their swagger looked gone to me, they plain didn't want to be there against Johnstown.

Done talking about them, not hijacking what is a pretty good Ironton thread, so not commenting about their arch nemesis anymore.

Look forward to the return of the old, nostalgic Ironton, wouldn't mind catching a game in Tank Stadium again it has been years and years. May put that on the 2019 bucket list.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Speaking of academics, what are the GPA requirements to play ball at Ironton vs. Wheelersburg?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Dandy Don wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:53 pm
JTEK wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:15 am
It's how each of them lost their last game that is pretty telling -

Burg took a physical drubbing their last game - their swagger looked gone to me, they plain didn't want to be there against Johnstown.

Done talking about them, not hijacking what is a pretty good Ironton thread, so not commenting about their arch nemesis anymore.

Look forward to the return of the old, nostalgic Ironton, wouldn't mind catching a game in Tank Stadium again it has been years and years. May put that on the 2019 bucket list.
Or maybe they were looking past the johnies a little bit since they had manhandled them the year before. Kind of like maybe the johnies were looking past the tigers a little bit in week 11. Hats off to them though they took down the burg and the tigers. No excuse the johnies had and executed a great game plan against the burg. They were the better team.

Spike
Riding the Bench

Post by Spike »

I would agree about maybe overlooking the jonnies if the first half the jonnies gained a huge lead then wheelersburg settles down and played good in the second half but just couldn’t catch him up but that wasn’t the case was it , more like a old fashioned butt whooping, burg fans just gotta come to terms with that

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Irontons season looks promising, keep up the hard work in the off season and good things can happen.

This is the Fighting Tigers outlook thread right???

Go Fighting Tigers...…..
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Spike wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:44 pm I would agree about maybe overlooking the jonnies if the first half the jonnies gained a huge lead then wheelersburg settles down and played good in the second half but just couldn’t catch him up but that wasn’t the case was it , more like a old fashioned butt whooping, burg fans just gotta come to terms with that
I don’t think they will worry too much about it winning three out of the last 6 regionals.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Irontons season looks promising, keep up the hard work in the off season and good things can happen.

Go Fighting Tigers...…..

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:22 pm Irontons season looks promising, keep up the hard work in the off season and good things can happen.

Go Fighting Tigers...…..
You are a reasonable poster. Yes the season will be successfull.

Return to “Football”