2019 Ironton Tigers Outlook

ravensfan09
JV Team

Re: 2019 Ironton Tigers Outlook

Post by ravensfan09 »

wobycat wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:20 pm I think parents have a lot more say in those that transfer for sports related. 98% of the kids will be done with football in the area after they are done in high school. A few will find their way into a small college and try to stick it out with most coming home after their freshman year. Every now and then a kid might make some noise at a bigger school, but very rare. So starting in high school means the world to some at this level and they seek out where they can to do so.
Truer words have not been written. I just wish players would represent the places that they actually live. Ironton is rich in tradition, but think how good South Point could have been if throughout the years their kids had stayed.

7 come 11
Waterboy

Post by 7 come 11 »

It’s south points responsibility to hire good cucahes , good role models for the young men , it’s their responsibility to ensure a good education. South point did neither thats why some of their better players moved elsewhere

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

7 come 11 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:50 pm It’s south points responsibility to hire good cucahes , good role models for the young men , it’s their responsibility to ensure a good education. South point did neither thats why some of their better players moved elsewhere
I would agree, but good players help make good coaches.

7 come 11
Waterboy

Post by 7 come 11 »

ravensfan09 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:50 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:20 pm I think parents have a lot more say in those that transfer for sports related. 98% of the kids will be done with football in the area after they are done in high school. A few will find their way into a small college and try to stick it out with most coming home after their freshman year. Every now and then a kid might make some noise at a bigger school, but very rare. So starting in high school means the world to some at this level and they seek out where they can to do so.
Truer words have not been written. I just wish players would represent the places that they actually live. Ironton is rich in tradition, but think how good South Point could have been if throughout the years their kids had stayed.
Every situation is different , say you have a son who’s a three year starter on a really good team but you and your son have a problem with the head coach meaning he’s a bully , verbally and mentally , every coach screams and yells and rips their butts football is a intense game but this coach crosses many lines , so if that kid wants out of that situation is it ok to transfer or just sit and take it Bc you need to have school pride and represent the school in which you live . So it’s not about playing time it’s not about how good the team is it’s about being happy . And before you say go above his head it’s not gonna happen he’s winning and has good numbers , 2 have left for the same reason

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

7 come 11 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:19 am
Every situation is different , say you have a son who’s a three year starter on a really good team but you and your son have a problem with the head coach meaning he’s a bully , verbally and mentally , every coach screams and yells and rips their butts football is a intense game but this coach crosses many lines , so if that kid wants out of that situation is it ok to transfer or just sit and take it Bc you need to have school pride and represent the school in which you live . So it’s not about playing time it’s not about how good the team is it’s about being happy . And before you say go above his head it’s not gonna happen he’s winning and has good numbers , 2 have left for the same reason
This sounds specific. My only question would be why only a couple have a difficult time. Usually more quit with that environment.

7 come 11
Waterboy

Post by 7 come 11 »

wobycat wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:42 am

This sounds specific. My only question would be why only a couple have a difficult time. Usually more quit with that environment.
You would have to be close to the program to understand , this isn’t a poor me issues it’s real ..

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

7 come 11 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:56 am
wobycat wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:42 am

You would have to be close to the program to understand , this isn’t a poor me issues it’s real ..
Situations like that are tough. My thought is...address the issue. Parent and player meet with the coach and establish the problem. That doesnt work...I go to the AD, then AD and Principal, and the AD, Principal, and Superintendent. That doesn't work I transfer. I do believe that you have to try and fix the issue first.

Caligula
Waterboy

Post by Caligula »

It’s called I didn’t get my just due so I punked out and transferred! True in both cases.

I-town-90
Freshman Team

Post by I-town-90 »

Caligula wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:41 pm It’s called I didn’t get my just due so I punked out and transferred! True in both cases.
Both kids had their reasons for transferring. You do not know why mine transferred, either from Ironton to Raceland or back to Ironton. My son couldn't be happier, neither can the other. It was a great move for both families.

Spike
Riding the Bench

Post by Spike »

Caligula wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:41 pm It’s called I didn’t get my just due so I punked out and transferred! True in both cases.
I read where one was a two way starter and the other a two year starter , so what just do are you speaking of ? These are kids your making up stuff about I would say tread carefully saying a kid punked out is pretty classy but I guess when it comes from a guy who thinks Ironton stole his offense hahahahaha and what coaching staff your part of it makes sense #Dingo

NoahsDad
Waterboy

Post by NoahsDad »

It’s called you have no idea what your talking about, either your lost or you know why they moved and just want to stir crap up . Calling Beau or my son a punk because they refused to tolerate a coach who bullied them just shows what type of Orrin you are . Before anyone gets smart about me saying Noah was bullied I’ll tell you this , Noah was born deaf had surgery to correct it but he was around 5 so he missed some important time in his life for speech and learning so he’s always been behind in school he was in special education until his freshman year he did my tested out he’s a jr now but still struggles , the practice before the state semi game he made a mistake in practice and was called a FUC... RETARD any other name which is what he’s usually called by this coach would’ve been ignored but this hit home so if you think that’s punking out I guess he’s guilty

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

Hope your son has a positive experience playing football this year 💪

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

NoahsDad wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:51 am
It’s called you have no idea what your talking about, either your lost or you know why they moved and just want to stir crap up . Calling Beau or my son a punk because they refused to tolerate a coach who bullied them just shows what type of Orrin you are . Before anyone gets smart about me saying Noah was bullied I’ll tell you this , Noah was born deaf had surgery to correct it but he was around 5 so he missed some important time in his life for speech and learning so he’s always been behind in school he was in special education until his freshman year he did my tested out he’s a jr now but still struggles , the practice before the state semi game he made a mistake in practice and was called a FUC... RETARD any other name which is what he’s usually called by this coach would’ve been ignored but this hit home so if you think that’s punking out I guess he’s guilty

Do what you thinks best for your son. Don’t worry about what these posters think. These coaches preach loyalty loyalty loyalty to your school then up and leave first chance they get.

NoahsDad
Waterboy

Post by NoahsDad »

Poo Bear wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:17 pm
NoahsDad wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:51 am

Do what you thinks best for your son. Don’t worry about what these posters think. These coaches preach loyalty loyalty loyalty to your school then up and leave first chance they get.

Thank you.. i Just got aggravated because we have tried and I know the other family has tried to just move on , not cause issues not take what happened higher , and they both keep getting blasted on social media with sly comments by old coaches , kids and parents it’s really sad when two teenage boys are more mature than the adults

Spike
Riding the Bench

Post by Spike »

Terrible , how does this guy still have a job ?

NoahsDad
Waterboy

Post by NoahsDad »

He’s untouchable, program is winning back to back region champs , trip to state championship game the year before last

Caligula
Waterboy

Post by Caligula »

Spike wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:59 pm Terrible , how does this guy still have a job ?
He still has a job because it’s a lie told by un happy parents. Coaches uncle has Down syndrome. So I know he would never call any kid retarded. It’s a blatant stinkin lie! I was around all year and never ever heard anything close to what is being perpetrated on this thread. Bunch of crap! Don’t get what you want just say you got bullied and leave. Horrible lies told about a coach that would take a bullet for his kids. Addition by subtraction if you ask me.

NoahsDad
Waterboy

Post by NoahsDad »

Caligula wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:43 pm
Spike wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:59 pm Terrible , how does this guy still have a job ?
He still has a job because it’s a lie told by un happy parents. Coaches uncle has Down syndrome. So I know he would never call any kid retarded. It’s a blatant stinkin lie! I was around all year and never ever heard anything close to what is being perpetrated on this thread. Bunch of crap! Don’t get what you want just say you got bullied and leave. Horrible lies told about a coach that would take a bullet for his kids. Addition by subtraction if you ask me.

Funny thing that’s exactly what I asked him , what I’d i called your uncle what you called my son ?? You sure think you know all about this situation but your full of crap and you best let this go , he said it that’s it , Noah was a two year starter played in the state championship game as a sophomore why the hell would a kid make that up your a sick piece of crap . I truly hope none of your kids or grandkids ever go through what mine did ,

NoahsDad
Waterboy

Post by NoahsDad »

Like I said let it go , it’s not to late for me to take this a lot higher and take legal action,

I-town-90
Freshman Team

Post by I-town-90 »

[quote=Caligula post_id=1749392 time=1549421039 user_id=15820

[/quote]

Good, Raceland gained by losing both kids. Funny though how when a transfer moves in to Raceland they are rock stars and "Team players" and as soon as a couple leave they are "mentally weak" and "selfish".

Now get over it and move on as we have tried like heck to ignore you folks.

Go TIGERS!

Return to “Football”