2019 Gallia Academy Blue Devils Outlook

Blue/92
Riding the Bench

Re: 2019 Gallia Academy Blue Devils Outlook

Post by Blue/92 »

svac83 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:18 pm I am not sure he was even interested in QB. He is a good defensive back and not sure next year we won’t be part of the running back group they use.
I caught a JV game a couple seasons back. Thought for sure the kid would be a big part of the offense in the future.

Riding the Bench

Re: Gallia Academy 2019???

Post by 645945 »

Sunoco wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:11 am
FANOSPORTS wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:04 am 8-) First off quit being like OSU, go back to the blue and white uniforms ( the school colors) 8-)
I would have to agree with this one. Next will be removing the G from helmet and replacing it with the devil pitchfork.
I have seen the pitchfork helmet demo in the locker room. I am a big fan of my old G but I got to admit the pitchfork decal was sharp.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Blue/92 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:12 pm
svac83 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:18 pm I am not sure he was even interested in QB. He is a good defensive back and not sure next year we won’t be part of the running back group they use.
I caught a JV game a couple seasons back. Thought for sure the kid would be a big part of the offense in the future.
I think he will be a big part of offense next year. I also think he will be a stud in the defensive backfield. I think unless someone really improves over summer though in the strength department I think we will have a ton of different ball carriers. Because unless there is someone really get strong I am not sure you have a power runner. But man you are going to have a lot of kids that will hurt you in open space.

I am just saying this year when he came back he just wanted to contribute. He didn’t care where. Or that is how I took it.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Might be just rumor but heard that the starting QB from SG might move to Gallipolis. He is a freshman and has a lot of talent just no line at SG.

Rebels on 3.....1-2-3 REBELS!!!!
Sports101
Freshman Team

Post by Sports101 »

Rebels on 3 wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:33 pm Might be just rumor but heard that the starting QB from SG might move to Gallipolis. He is a freshman and has a lot of talent just no line at SG.
Only saw him twice, but was absolutely TERRIBLE! I don’t see this “talent” people are talking about!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Rebels on 3 wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:33 pm Might be just rumor but heard that the starting QB from SG might move to Gallipolis. He is a freshman and has a lot of talent just no line at SG.
Might as well, why not ? Everyone is doing it nowadays, welcome him aboard with open arms if it makes your team better !!!!!

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Riding the Bench

Post by 645945 »

He actually had a fine line at south Gallia this year it is actually one of the better lines they have had. He was a freshman and played like a freshman all year. He will be fine at south Gallia.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

645945 wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:20 pm
He actually had a fine line at south Gallia this year it is actually one of the better lines they have had. He was a freshman and played like a freshman all year. He will be fine at south Gallia.
No he didn't have a fine line. They won 3 games and lost to a really bad RV. I can remember some very good lines back around 06-12 that were way better than this line. those teams made the playoffs. This current Rebels team wont get a chance at the playoffs with Waterford and Trimble playing like they are.

Rebels on 3.....1-2-3 REBELS!!!!
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

If the coach can get those boys to work in offseason at south Gallia they will be fine. But they should be dominating people upfront with there size. Just not happening and that is all off season stuff

Blue/92
Riding the Bench

Post by Blue/92 »

svac83 wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:06 pm
Blue/92 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:12 pm
I think he will be a big part of offense next year. I also think he will be a stud in the defensive backfield. I think unless someone really improves over summer though in the strength department I think we will have a ton of different ball carriers. Because unless there is someone really get strong I am not sure you have a power runner. But man you are going to have a lot of kids that will hurt you in open space.

I am just saying this year when he came back he just wanted to contribute. He didn’t care where. Or that is how I took it.
Armstrong, Roberts, Beasy, Woodson, Williams, and throw in the Donovsky kid in the backfield and you got a lot of options. Its my understanding that they will still have good size on the line.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Looks like 2019 will be one of the fastest Blue Devil teams in years. I'd like seeing Woodson or Armstrong as a wildcat QB.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Could be good with a o-line ?

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

I think the o-line will be fine. I see Gallia posting a 7-3 or 8-2 type of season and will make a return trip to week 11.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Geronimo wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:44 pm Could be good with a o-line ?
I was waiting to hear this my thoughts exactly. Line play was great and the best talent on field.

Ema
Riding the Bench

Post by Ema »

Returning starters: 56 Cole Rose, 69 Mason Angel & 50 Riley Starns. Look to see 55 Yashua Peaks, 58 Trent Meadows and 61 Coen Duncan make push for the other spots. I'd say the weightroom will be a huge factor for these guys. Should be fun to watch the evolution.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Good Luck next season !

bobwright
Waterboy

Post by bobwright »

loganlocos wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:36 am
Fonzie wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:25 am I was told a while back that Coach Penrod was trying to use the pitchfork on the helmet, not sure what stopped it from happening, but it was held up somewhere along the line.

Position wise, i think the biggest open spot will be losing their QB. Not that the other seniors won't be missed, but the QB spot is critical. I think what GA will be missing most, is the senior leadership, namely, Cole Davis. He might not have the size, but he was an emotional leader on that team. He would go toe to toe with anyone, no matter the size difference. Kids fed off that, he was able to really bring the fire out in the kids around him.

I believe the team will be fine next year. Maybe not a playoff team next year, but in a year or two, they will be back and playing in week 11.
I think they're gonnna miss those backs/linebackers a lot too. Big quick athletic kids. Looking at the roster it looks like the position where there aren't obvious bodies to replace Campbell/Pullins/Waller.
Cade Roberts is coming back after a great junior season as an all state linebacker and probably one of the most underrated players in southeastern Ohio. Gallia has a good sophomore that has a bulldog mentality that will go up against anyone, Trent Johnson. and Gallia also has a returning varsity player that started the first three games but got hurt and got beat out, Ben cox

bobwright
Waterboy

Post by bobwright »

[/quote
The funny thing is that if that young boy keyword boy came to gallia he would lose his starting job just like he lost his girlfriend wanna know something else gallias starting linebacker took her, all ohio cade roberts

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

bobwright wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:14 pm
[/quote
The funny thing is that if that young boy keyword boy came to gallia he would lose his starting job just like he lost his girlfriend wanna know something else gallias starting linebacker took her, all ohio cade roberts

Real classy bob.....go back to Mr. Northup's class and do something productive for a change.

dingleberryfairy
Waterboy

Post by dingleberryfairy »

Fonzie wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:22 pm
bobwright wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:14 pm

[/quote

Real classy bob.....go back to Mr. Northup's class and do something productive for a change.
I'm gonna have to agree with Fonzie on this one, no class at all.

Return to “Football”