TVC Expansion

enigmaax
All State

Re: TVC Expansion

Post by enigmaax »

WellstonLover wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:54 pm I’ve heard this from multiple people. So I’m not the only one thinking it. The TVC is too big. Small schools have all the power. There will be some schools leave and start their own conference if things don’t get figured out. And quick. My earlier prediction may not be too far off from what happens.

Wellston
Oak hill
Alexander
Meigs
River Valley
Vinton County

If oak hill doesn’t agree then ny will be the 6th team and Athens will be screwed. If oak hill does join, NY will slide over into the hocking and Athens will be screwed. It’s a win win for everyone.
Without knowing any by-laws, I would say this has always been far more reasonable than any of the expansion talk. No way Hocking Division would want to give up their majority to bigger schools via expansion. But would some schools like to have more of a say (or get away from a certain bigger and/or better school)? Makes sense. Hopefully the Hocking schools stick together regardless of what the Ohio schools do. They have a nice setup; adding one or losing one wouldn’t be terrible, but if 5-6 schools were to break away from the Hocking, it would undo a near perfect arrangement.

Return to “Football”