Region 27 Finals: #1 Lucas vs #3 Trimble

MillSt
Riding the Bench

Re: Region 27 Finals: #1 Lucas vs #3 Trimble

Post by MillSt »

pkrplyr wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:25 pm
ttomcat 80 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:52 pm
pkrplyr wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:30 pm

Lucas would have shutout all the teams Trimble did. A lot of the points Lucas allowed were while JVs finished the game. You guys have a short memory. You are forgetting that Trimble played a terrible schedule. 5 or 6 cupcakes, bottom of the barrel D7 schools. Lucas played D7's 5th hardest. Trimble played the 81st.

Trimble run game unstoppable? Lucas allowed basically nothing on the ground to Waterford. They shut down the D1 talent at undefeated state-ranked LCC holding them to 7 points offensively. Marion Local allowed more points vs LCC than Lucas did. They stuffed the D4 Aiken run game and held them to 6 points, with virtually no yards on the ground. Unstoppable run against the Lucas D? Lmao. Over the last 7 weeks, unstoppable is how I would describe the Lucas run game. They have been absolutely prolific this season. 583 yards (21st all-time) against D4 Harrison Central. Grover's 6,200+ yards is now 20th all-time in the state of Ohio. His 2,400 yards this season put him in the top 50 all-time. They have ran for 54 TDs this season. They ran for more yards than Trimble did against Waterford with most of the starters resting the 4th.

This game very well may be close, but to call Trimble unstoppable is a stretch. They were shut out through 3 quarters last week. Do yourselves a solid and read the articles about Lucas in the Marietta Times. You guys need a refresher course.
now you compare lucas to marion local because LCC scored more against marion local then Lucas thats funny you should be on HBO.
It's a fact.
I've liked the Cubs all yr. & early on thought they would win this matchup, especially after beating LCC, but I've changed my mind. I just don't have a good felling about the Cubs in this one & I just don't think they can do it. They're facing a lot of firepower on Sat. Trimble has STUDS on both sides of the ball. Just my thoughts.
2018 All District:
Offensive Player of the Year: #10 Conner Wright, Trimble
Defensive Player of the Year: #42 Sawyer Koons, Trimble
Co-Coach of the Year: Phil Faires, Trimble

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Trimble is just physical as all hell. Not only can they win the trenches, but they play their assignments on D very well. That, plus good eye discipline and a week of preparation and you have a defense that can stop Lucas’s unique run game.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Well I'm still taking trimble by a couple scores I will be back after game to say I told you so

SportsFan101
Freshman Team

Post by SportsFan101 »

Hope you guys are right! I think Trimble will be well prepared, it will just be a matter of execution and whether Lucas is too big up front, or if the cats can offset their size with some speed. Will be a dog fight and great game, hoping the cats pull it out!

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Saw alot of the lucas waterford game on tape looks like trimble's speed will be to quick for them.i was watching the trimble 2013 playoff games the other day on channel 15 I think this team would beat them way more speed in every position.

coachK
JV Team

Post by coachK »

dilligaf wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:06 pm Saw alot of the lucas waterford game on tape looks like trimble's speed will be to quick for them.i was watching the trimble 2013 playoff games the other day on channel 15 I think this team would beat them way more speed in every position.
Very funny. Does this Trimble team have 3 players that could've started on th 13 team???? I don't think they do.
But this isn't 2013. This will be a good game. Must make major improvement on offense to move on to final 4

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

coachK wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:49 am
dilligaf wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:06 pm Saw alot of the lucas waterford game on tape looks like trimble's speed will be to quick for them.i was watching the trimble 2013 playoff games the other day on channel 15 I think this team would beat them way more speed in every position.
Very funny. Does this Trimble team have 3 players that could've started on th 13 team???? I don't think they do.
But this isn't 2013. This will be a good game. Must make major improvement on offense to move on to final 4
Just stating some facts that's all

ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

Their are some similarities of each other but let's just leave it at that and worry about Lucas.

:roll: cats :roll:
fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

Didn't Trimble beat Lucas on Lucas's field last year?
This year it's being played on a neutral site.
I have to think Lucas lost more in graduation than Trimble.
Yet a lot of people on here are picking Lucas---what am I missing?
I think Trimble rolls in this game.

MillSt
Riding the Bench

Post by MillSt »

fortdawg wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:24 am Didn't Trimble beat Lucas on Lucas's field last year?
You're not missing anything. Lucas is a very good team but I don't think they can match the athleticism nor the speed & toughness of Trimble. Lucas hasn't seen a power run game like Trimble. It'll be close but in the end Trimble will just be too much for Lucas to handle. This Trimble team has a very good shot at going to State.

Sports24/7
Freshman Team

Post by Sports24/7 »

All of these observations (opinions)on this game range from realistic to comical.....and everyone is entitled to their views so here is mine.These teams are very evenly matched with similar strengths and weaknesses so to me the difference in this game other than the obvious(Coaching,turnovers,penalties,etc.)will be the HEART and DESIRE of these young men to WILL their team to victory.Not to take anything away from either team because they ALL have worked very hard to get to this point and desrvingly so....Trimble has been here before and will be there again...soon... Lucas has not...that...to me will be the difference in a knock down drag out game...Lucas 20-14....

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

MillSt wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:39 am
fortdawg wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:24 am Didn't Trimble beat Lucas on Lucas's field last year?
You're not missing anything. Lucas is a very good team but I don't think they can match the athleticism nor the speed & toughness of Trimble. Lucas hasn't seen a power run game like Trimble. It'll be close but in the end Trimble will just be too much for Lucas to handle. This Trimble team has a very good shot at going to State.
Lucas giving up 51 to Centennial (seriously?) seems to back this up.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK TO TRIMBLE.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
The Warrior
Riding the Bench

Post by The Warrior »

coachK wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:49 am
Why do you feel that Trimble must make a major improvement on offense? Trimble is averaging 38 points a game, what is there to improve on. Trimble has an All-State running back in Connor Wright. That is what Trimble does, they pound the ball every play because no one has proved they can stop it. If it aint broke don't fix it.

MillSt
Riding the Bench

Post by MillSt »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:45 am
That factored into my decision, I just don't see how Lucas will stop Conner Wright, Max Hooper, AND Cameron Kittle. That's 3 playmakers!

pkrplyr
Riding the Bench

Post by pkrplyr »

Keep talking down Lucas. The kids love it. They actually thrive on it. Coming into this game, 3 of our 7 straight wins we were underdogs. 3 times we won. You all said they had nothing for D4 Harrison Central or Aiken...Wrong. You said they definitely had nothing for LCC...Wrong. Some of you actually said they had nothing for Waterford (lol)...Wrong. Lucas is the #1 seed for a reason and your overconfidence on this thread is the best bulletin board material they could ever ask for. Saturday cannot get here soon enough.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

pkrplyr wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:00 pm

Keep talking down Lucas. The kids love it. They actually thrive on it. Coming into this game, 3 of our 7 straight wins we were underdogs. 3 times we won. You all said they had nothing for D4 Harrison Central or Aiken...Wrong. You said they definitely had nothing for LCC...Wrong. Some of you actually said they had nothing for Waterford (lol)...Wrong. Lucas is the #1 seed for a reason and your overconfidence on this thread is the best bulletin board material they could ever ask for. Saturday cannot get here soon enough.
Not talking down Lucas. They’re a good program, with a solid team and an incredible coach that has made them a regional contender.

With that said... 51 to Centennial suggests to me that Trimble can break this one open (even if it’s late in the game) through sheer wear ‘n tear.

pkrplyr
Riding the Bench

Post by pkrplyr »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:10 pm
Not talking down Lucas. They’re a good program, with a solid team and an incredible coach that has made them a regional contender.

With that said... 51 to Centennial suggests to me that Trimble can break this one open (even if it’s late in the game) through sheer wear ‘n tear.
Well your loss to CHCA leads me to believe you can be beat. Trimble is not undefeated. Trimble is not unscored upon. Trimble is not invincible. Make your predictions, but that Lucas team that lost to DIVISION 3 Centennial was riddled with injuries (No Grover and missing a host of other starters). That Centennial team is the fastest team Lucas has seen in a lot years. Much, much faster than Trimble. Much, much faster than LCC. So, when discussing this kind of thing, ask yourself....Who has Trimble played of that caliber? Centennial has 315 boys in their HS. They have a ton of talent to pick from.

ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

dont under estimate the speed of chca and hp,.Faster then you guys. So I guess we have played 2 teams of that caliber and both are faster then lucas so if you think you have speed to beat us wrong and your surely not going to run over top of them so I guess you will just have to pass the whole game.

:roll: cats :roll:
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

pkrplyr wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:22 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:10 pm

Well your loss to CHCA leads me to believe you can be beat. Trimble is not undefeated. Trimble is not unscored upon. Trimble is not invincible. Make your predictions, but that Lucas team that lost to DIVISION 3 Centennial was riddled with injuries (No Grover and missing a host of other starters). That Centennial team is the fastest team Lucas has seen in a lot years. Much, much faster than Trimble. Much, much faster than LCC. So, when discussing this kind of thing, ask yourself....Who has Trimble played of that caliber? Centennial has 315 boys in their HS. They have a ton of talent to pick from.
Not a Trimble fan, guy.

Division VI Grandview Heights had no problem with Centennial. School size... really? It’d be one thing if it were Lexington or Clear Fork that put 51 on Lucas, as they’re two very solid programs at that size, but we’re talking about a mediocre program that has never been a contender to win their part of the Columbus City League (seriously, their part of the league is horrible.) Plus, Arbiter suggests that Lucas has more players on their roster than Centennial does.

This game could go either way. If Trimble had never seen what Lucas is going to run at them, I’d be inclined to think Lucas would have the upper hand based on that alone. I highly doubt Lucas will get shut out, but I can’t see them breaking the plane more than three times in this one. That Tomcat D is grittier than heck, and they’re facing an equally impressive force.

Return to “Football”