Region 27 Finals: #1 Lucas vs #3 Trimble

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Re: Region 27 Finals: #1 Lucas vs #3 Trimble

Post by Happy McGavin »

pkrplyr wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:30 pm
MillSt wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:40 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:40 am Trimble has been on a mission since the CHCA lost. Trimble takes the running game out of equation.
Trimble wins by 7
I agree, Trimble wins this game but not going to predict a score. Their Defense is just too strong and their run game is nearly unstoppable. HP gave it a good shot but couldn't hold Trimble down for 4 quarters. Plus Trimble's defense has only given up 40 pts all season and posted 9 shutouts. I like the Lucas team but I don't think they can pull this one off. Give me Trimble in a close one.
Lucas would have shutout all the teams Trimble did. A lot of the points Lucas allowed were while JVs finished the game. You guys have a short memory. You are forgetting that Trimble played a terrible schedule. 5 or 6 cupcakes, bottom of the barrel D7 schools. Lucas played D7's 5th hardest. Trimble played the 81st.

Trimble run game unstoppable? Lucas allowed basically nothing on the ground to Waterford. They shut down the D1 talent at undefeated state-ranked LCC holding them to 7 points offensively. Marion Local allowed more points vs LCC than Lucas did. They stuffed the D4 Aiken run game and held them to 6 points, with virtually no yards on the ground. Unstoppable run against the Lucas D? Lmao. Over the last 7 weeks, unstoppable is how I would describe the Lucas run game. They have been absolutely prolific this season. 583 yards (21st all-time) against D4 Harrison Central. Grover's 6,400 yards is now 20th all-time in the state of Ohio. His 2,400 yards this season put him in the top 50 all-time. They have ran for 54 TDs this season. They ran for more yards than Trimble did against Waterford with most of the starters resting the 4th.

This game very well may be close, but to call Trimble unstoppable is a stretch. They were shut out through 3 quarters last week. Do yourselves a solid and read the articles about Lucas in the Marietta Times. You guys need a refresher course.
I get your love for your school, but darn you Lucas folks are beating a dead horse with the strength of schedule crap. Ask the 2013 and 2014 Cats if it mattered? Also the Cats have played in 2 games that we're decided by 7 points or less so it's not like they're gonna crumble if it's a close game. Another thing, this same team came to YOUR place last year and beat you. Returned practically everyone plus an all state linebacker who missed all last year. If you win, kudos to your team, but don't come onto our SEO message board spewing garbage when in all reality the only real thing you know about Trimble is they beat you last year and it left a salty taste in your mouth. Good day

Its all in the hips
pkrplyr
Riding the Bench

Post by pkrplyr »

Happy McGavin wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:57 pm

I agree, Trimble wins this game but not going to predict a score. Their Defense is just too strong and their run game is nearly unstoppable. HP gave it a good shot but couldn't hold Trimble down for 4 quarters. Plus Trimble's defense has only given up 40 pts all season and posted 9 shutouts. I like the Lucas team but I don't think they can pull this one off. Give me Trimble in a close one.
Lucas would have shutout all the teams Trimble did. A lot of the points Lucas allowed were while JVs finished the game. You guys have a short memory. You are forgetting that Trimble played a terrible schedule. 5 or 6 cupcakes, bottom of the barrel D7 schools. Lucas played D7's 5th hardest. Trimble played the 81st.

Trimble run game unstoppable? Lucas allowed basically nothing on the ground to Waterford. They shut down the D1 talent at undefeated state-ranked LCC holding them to 7 points offensively. Marion Local allowed more points vs LCC than Lucas did. They stuffed the D4 Aiken run game and held them to 6 points, with virtually no yards on the ground. Unstoppable run against the Lucas D? Lmao. Over the last 7 weeks, unstoppable is how I would describe the Lucas run game. They have been absolutely prolific this season. 583 yards (21st all-time) against D4 Harrison Central. Grover's 6,400 yards is now 20th all-time in the state of Ohio. His 2,400 yards this season put him in the top 50 all-time. They have ran for 54 TDs this season. They ran for more yards than Trimble did against Waterford with most of the starters resting the 4th.

This game very well may be close, but to call Trimble unstoppable is a stretch. They were shut out through 3 quarters last week. Do yourselves a solid and read the articles about Lucas in the Marietta Times. You guys need a refresher course.
I get your love for your school, but darn you Lucas folks are beating a dead horse with the strength of schedule crap. Ask the 2013 and 2014 Cats if it mattered? Also the Cats have played in 2 games that we're decided by 7 points or less so it's not like they're gonna crumble if it's a close game. Another thing, this same team came to YOUR place last year and beat you. Returned practically everyone plus an all state linebacker who missed all last year. If you win, kudos to your team, but don't come onto our SEO message board spewing garbage when in all reality the only real thing you know about Trimble is they beat you last year and it left a salty taste in your mouth. Good day
It ought to be a good one....However, saying Trimble is unstoppable, after scoring 7 points, needed addressed. Lol.

MillSt
Riding the Bench

Post by MillSt »

I'm just saying, HP had speed and Trimble shut them down. Lucas is a very good team but other than LCC, I'm not sure they've faced a defense like Trimble. It's gonna be a tough one. I know what they did to Waterford but so did Trimble, and this ain't Waterford they'll be playing

pkrplyr
Riding the Bench

Post by pkrplyr »

MillSt wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:15 pm I'm just saying, HP had speed and Trimble shut them down. Lucas is a very good team but other than LCC, I'm not sure they've faced a defense like Trimble. It's gonna be a tough one. I know what they did to Waterford but so did Trimble, and this ain't Waterford they'll be playing
This is going to be a loooooooooong week waiting on this one.

ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:40 am Trimble has been on a mission since the CHCA lost. Trimble takes the running game out of equation.
Trimble wins by 7

Trimble run game unstoppable? Lucas allowed basically nothing on the ground to Waterford. They shut down the D1 talent at undefeated state-ranked LCC holding them to 7 points offensively. Marion Local allowed more points vs LCC than Lucas did. They stuffed the D4 Aiken run game and held them to 6 points, with virtually no yards on the ground. Unstoppable run against the Lucas D? Lmao. Over the last 7 weeks, unstoppable is how I would describe the Lucas run game. They have been absolutely prolific this season. 583 yards (21st all-time) against D4 Harrison Central. Grover's 6,200+ yards is now 20th all-time in the state of Ohio. His 2,400 yards this season put him in the top 50 all-time. They have ran for 54 TDs this season. They ran for more yards than Trimble did against Waterford with most of the starters resting the 4th.

now you compare lucas to marion local because LCC scored more against marion local then Lucas thats funny you should be on HBO.

:roll: cats :roll:
100% Tomcat
Waterboy

Post by 100% Tomcat »

The team that completes the big pass will win. It will be a 4 quarter run fest and the surprise pass will be the difference the same as last week. Lucas better be ready for the Tomcat D.....They’re legit!

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

100% Tomcat wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:01 pm The team that completes the big pass will win. It will be a 4 quarter run fest and the surprise pass will be the difference the same as last week. Lucas better be ready for the Tomcat D.....They’re legit!
Welcome to the best Sports Forum for folks like us here in SE OHIO. 8-)

ShooterMcgavin
Freshman Team

Post by ShooterMcgavin »

pkrplyr wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:50 pm
rickoshay wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:26 am Lucas vs Waterford...Rushing 53-365; Passing 1-2 for 16 yards.
Lucas d-line very fast, lots of tackles for loss or no gain.

Waterford with 161 total yds. Passing 140 yds.; rushing 26 for 21 yds.
Waterford had -33 Yards for loss.
26 carries for 21 yards. 0.8 per carry...

How many rushing yards did Waterford get on Trimble?
23 carries for 30 yards . With 131 total yards. That good enough for you
Last edited by ShooterMcgavin on Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I eat pieces of s;”: like you for breakfast
100% Tomcat
Waterboy

Post by 100% Tomcat »

We’re sending the cubbies back to the den for the winter, disappointed once again. If you guys were injury free it might be a game. Your not...so, Cats win!

pkrplyr
Riding the Bench

Post by pkrplyr »

ttomcat 80 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:52 pm

Trimble run game unstoppable? Lucas allowed basically nothing on the ground to Waterford. They shut down the D1 talent at undefeated state-ranked LCC holding them to 7 points offensively. Marion Local allowed more points vs LCC than Lucas did. They stuffed the D4 Aiken run game and held them to 6 points, with virtually no yards on the ground. Unstoppable run against the Lucas D? Lmao. Over the last 7 weeks, unstoppable is how I would describe the Lucas run game. They have been absolutely prolific this season. 583 yards (21st all-time) against D4 Harrison Central. Grover's 6,200+ yards is now 20th all-time in the state of Ohio. His 2,400 yards this season put him in the top 50 all-time. They have ran for 54 TDs this season. They ran for more yards than Trimble did against Waterford with most of the starters resting the 4th.

now you compare lucas to marion local because LCC scored more against marion local then Lucas thats funny you should be on HBO.
It's a fact.

MillSt
Riding the Bench

Post by MillSt »

pkrplyr wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:25 pm
ttomcat 80 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:52 pm

It's a fact.
I've liked the Cubs all yr. & early on thought they would win this matchup, especially after beating LCC, but I've changed my mind. I just don't have a good felling about the Cubs in this one & I just don't think they can do it. They're facing a lot of firepower on Sat. Trimble has STUDS on both sides of the ball. Just my thoughts.
2018 All District:
Offensive Player of the Year: #10 Conner Wright, Trimble
Defensive Player of the Year: #42 Sawyer Koons, Trimble
Co-Coach of the Year: Phil Faires, Trimble

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Trimble is just physical as all hell. Not only can they win the trenches, but they play their assignments on D very well. That, plus good eye discipline and a week of preparation and you have a defense that can stop Lucas’s unique run game.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Well I'm still taking trimble by a couple scores I will be back after game to say I told you so

SportsFan101
Freshman Team

Post by SportsFan101 »

Hope you guys are right! I think Trimble will be well prepared, it will just be a matter of execution and whether Lucas is too big up front, or if the cats can offset their size with some speed. Will be a dog fight and great game, hoping the cats pull it out!

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Saw alot of the lucas waterford game on tape looks like trimble's speed will be to quick for them.i was watching the trimble 2013 playoff games the other day on channel 15 I think this team would beat them way more speed in every position.

coachK
JV Team

Post by coachK »

dilligaf wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:06 pm Saw alot of the lucas waterford game on tape looks like trimble's speed will be to quick for them.i was watching the trimble 2013 playoff games the other day on channel 15 I think this team would beat them way more speed in every position.
Very funny. Does this Trimble team have 3 players that could've started on th 13 team???? I don't think they do.
But this isn't 2013. This will be a good game. Must make major improvement on offense to move on to final 4

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

coachK wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:49 am
dilligaf wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:06 pm Saw alot of the lucas waterford game on tape looks like trimble's speed will be to quick for them.i was watching the trimble 2013 playoff games the other day on channel 15 I think this team would beat them way more speed in every position.
Very funny. Does this Trimble team have 3 players that could've started on th 13 team???? I don't think they do.
But this isn't 2013. This will be a good game. Must make major improvement on offense to move on to final 4
Just stating some facts that's all

ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

Their are some similarities of each other but let's just leave it at that and worry about Lucas.

:roll: cats :roll:
fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

Didn't Trimble beat Lucas on Lucas's field last year?
This year it's being played on a neutral site.
I have to think Lucas lost more in graduation than Trimble.
Yet a lot of people on here are picking Lucas---what am I missing?
I think Trimble rolls in this game.

MillSt
Riding the Bench

Post by MillSt »

fortdawg wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:24 am Didn't Trimble beat Lucas on Lucas's field last year?
This year it's being played on a neutral site.
I have to think Lucas lost more in graduation than Trimble.
Yet a lot of people on here are picking Lucas---what am I missing?
I think Trimble rolls in this game.
You're not missing anything. Lucas is a very good team but I don't think they can match the athleticism nor the speed & toughness of Trimble. Lucas hasn't seen a power run game like Trimble. It'll be close but in the end Trimble will just be too much for Lucas to handle. This Trimble team has a very good shot at going to State.

Return to “Football”