Region 15 Finals: Johnstown Monroe vs. Meadowbrook

Crab's Brother
SEO

Re: Region 15 Finals: Johnstown Monroe vs. Meadowbrook

Post by Crab's Brother »

JHS Pride wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:16 pm
55buckeyes98 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:38 am
greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:49 pm Going to go with Meadowbrook in this one, Johnnies very 1-dimensional they've proven over the years to be tough outs but if you can get up on them by 2 scores really makes it tough on them. Good Luck to both teams
I don't buy the one dimensional thing. Hilliard Davidson has won titles without throwing the ball. Everyone is stacking the box which doesn't allow a lot of time to throw. Even the Meadowbrook coach said in the paper, why throw if the run is working. At the end of the day Johnstown has lost in the playoffs because they ran into better teams most years. One year they hurt themselves big time with fumbles against steubenville but other than that the other team ended up being just the better team. You have to do what you do, be who you are and execute. Over the years Johnstown has rarely been "upset". Great defense and a ball control offense can win a title. Even Madison is accused of not passing. There are plenty of balanced teams and passing teams still sitting at home after week 10 and that lost in playoffs...right?
Very well put me friend... So sick of people saying a run first team can’t go far, well last 10 yrs we won 2 regionals and made it to regionals 4 yes in row, must be working. Ok we may not be flashy and fun to watch on offense but it’s effective and pisses other teams off because it seems so simple to stop, but a lot of teams got proven wrong.. including ironton, they had us where they wanted us but forgot about our D, which was way better than they expected. So let’s move away from that Ironton game, it’s in the past, shoulda, coulda, but you didn’t. The game at hand is Medowbrook, we will need to play our best to get a win, nothing comes easy at this point and we play our best on both sides no doubt we will win by 3 scores guaranteed!!!!!
Johnstown has only won 1 regional championship.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

14svt wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:35 am Let’s see if he can pass Under Pressure
JM has been averaging 5 sacks per Game
And I see Meadowbrook is not good at Stopping the Run watching the
St Clairsville and Mogadore Games
Key is stopping Meadows Qb

JM has 60 sacks this season?

That has to be some type of record.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Yup they in Divison 4 for a while they were 1 of the smallest schools in that division so they dropped
Sorry not every game a sack But they have quite a bit Yes they have a really good defense and are fast

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

55buckeyes98 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:38 am
greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:49 pm Going to go with Meadowbrook in this one, Johnnies very 1-dimensional they've proven over the years to be tough outs but if you can get up on them by 2 scores really makes it tough on them. Good Luck to both teams
I don't buy the one dimensional thing. Hilliard Davidson has won titles without throwing the ball. Everyone is stacking the box which doesn't allow a lot of time to throw. Even the Meadowbrook coach said in the paper, why throw if the run is working. At the end of the day Johnstown has lost in the playoffs because they ran into better teams most years. One year they hurt themselves big time with fumbles against steubenville but other than that the other team ended up being just the better team. You have to do what you do, be who you are and execute. Over the years Johnstown has rarely been "upset". Great defense and a ball control offense can win a title. Even Madison is accused of not passing. There are plenty of balanced teams and passing teams still sitting at home after week 10 and that lost in playoffs...right?
Of course there's plenty of balanced teams sitting at home and there's probably even more 1-dimensional teams sitting at home. The reality is, first you have to have the right team to be 1-dimensional and win it all. Most teams that can do this you will see more often then not have a GREAT defense which means you're able to stick with what you do best. I think you missed my point but reading my statement I didn't explain it very well, I look at Meadowbrooks schedule and they lost to 3 teams that are still playing for regional championships, not many teams can say that. They scored a lot of points on the season and put up good numbers even against those 3 teams in their loss and 2 of those were close games. I'm going off of Johnnies past few years and it's proven and you can't deny this fact stop or slow down their run and you beat them. They are not the only team that falls in that category, most 1-dimensional teams will mix in about 2-5 passes a game at times when no one is looking for it and hit it for big plays. I think the Johnnies have a stout defense so we'll see. We're at a time in football where teams winning it all being totally run oriented are few and far between, sure it happens but like I said those teams are GREAT on defense typically. Take the Madison and Burg game from last year, Madison holds burg to a total of 182 yards, that should've been enough to win but they were unable to move the ball because Burg was better at stopping the run. Had Madison been a little more balanced, successfully, say 70/30 who knows what happens in that game. At this point a team is what it is no coach is going to deviate from that so of course the Meadowbrook coach is going to say that, lol.
Last edited by greygoose on Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

[quote=Twogenerationsof#57 post_id=1713244 time=1542239891 user_id=15436]
Please put forth some type of effort before puking all over this discussion. Laziness = Ignorance. I'll make it easy. Look up who Ironton lost to. Then go and check to see which of those teams are still in the playoffs. Add in that two of the losses were against JM and Wheelersburgh. Explain how in the 2nd round, JM vs Bellaire who was a "higher" seed then Ironton completely were dismantled by JM. 27 yds rushing??? Against a higher seeded team?? Ironton will be very difficult to play against next year. Again, they were tough as nails this year. Nothing but respect but, we beat them. #oneteamoneheartbeat
[/quote]

Let’s see if I can sift through some of this rambling. Ironton can be a tough out at times. Never disputed that. But they were NOT a legit #2. They lost to Burg, Ashland KY, Gallia Academy, and Portsmouth in the regular season. Played Burg and Ashland closer than most thought but completely crapped the bed against Gallia and Portsmouth. Simple math shows they are a #8 seed.
Plus the only mention of JM was about how Ironton played them closer than pregame predictions. Never mentioned JM’s playing ability. I actually think JM beats Meadowbrook and JM Is a good team otherwise they would be home getting ready for basketball. Have a good day pal.

Brutus87
Waterboy

Post by Brutus87 »

Is ironton playing johnstown this Saturday? Asking for a friend.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Brutus87 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:34 pm Is ironton playing johnstown this Saturday? Asking for a friend.
:roll:

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

#7 Licking Valley lost to jm and Granville and is playing this week. I'd say Ironton at their best and Meadowbrook would be a very good game. Meadowbrook has the ability to break the big plays and some guys on D that love to hit, but I think Ironton a little deeper... Meadowbrook is a dangerous team tho...

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

I’m not good no to lie This team for MB seems like the real deal
They have a good size QB, 2 good backs and some receivers
I cannot stress we have to give him no opportunity for him to pass
Play lights out football
If Not we are going home

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

Meadowbrook looked impressive against Ridgewood, but I don't know enough about JM to definitively say Meadowbrook will win this game.

JHS Pride
Freshman Team

Post by JHS Pride »

Brutus87 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:34 pm Is ironton playing johnstown this Saturday? Asking for a friend.
That was so my point my last post, hell with ironton, we beat them, last I checked we play Medowbrook on Saturday

JHS Pride
Freshman Team

Post by JHS Pride »

I’m confident about what I said in previous post and still confident after watching Medowbrook film that JM still win by 2-3 TD, JM team is very focused this week, the most I’ve seen in recent years and weeks, practices this week very in tune, best I’ve seen all year, they been here so many times and this team and staff feels this is a special year for them.... This year is the year, best overall talent I’ve seen this year

oldbballdad
Waterboy

Post by oldbballdad »

If Meadowbrook doesn’t contain the Jtown option, Jtown will be in the game. If Meadowbrook contains the option, it will be a running clock.
Your sacks have come against teams trailing by 3 scores, when it is easy to pin your ears back and attack. It’s hard to simulate what you will be up against, when you pass 3 times a game.
I hope it’s a great game, and will be rooting for whichever team wins going forward, but Jtown’s run ends where it usually does, the regional finals.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

oldbballdad wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:25 pm If Meadowbrook doesn’t contain the Jtown option, Jtown will be in the game. If Meadowbrook contains the option, it will be a running clock.
Your sacks have come against teams trailing by 3 scores, when it is easy to pin your ears back and attack. It’s hard to simulate what you will be up against, when you pass 3 times a game.
I hope it’s a great game, and will be rooting for whichever team wins going forward, but Jtown’s run ends where it usually does, the regional finals.

Your wrong about the sacks also I have watching meadow brook videos and it seems there Defense struggles with the run

oldbballdad
Waterboy

Post by oldbballdad »

12 of your season total 20 sack came against Bellaire (5), Catholic (3), and Watkins(4)- all teams you beat by +4 td’s. I have not watched films, but assumed from the scores, that was the case. I could be wrong.
Also, 0 sacks against Granville.
And I didn’t say stop Jtown run, just contain, limit the big plays. From watching highlights, one could say Jtown can’t stop the pass, but knowing highlights only show one teams big plays....... never mind, if Jtown has not changed their DB philosophy, it could be a very interesting night.

JHS Pride
Freshman Team

Post by JHS Pride »

oldbballdad wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:07 pm 12 of your season total 20 sack came against Bellaire (5), Catholic (3), and Watkins(4)- all teams you beat by +4 td’s. I have not watched films, but assumed from the scores, that was the case. I could be wrong.
Also, 0 sacks against Granville.
And I didn’t say stop Jtown run, just contain, limit the big plays. From watching highlights, one could say Jtown can’t stop the pass, but knowing highlights only show one teams big plays....... never mind, if Jtown has not changed their DB philosophy, it could be a very interesting night.
If they contain Jtown run game they may have s chance, but that’s s tall task for the colts, it’s proven that three front seven may have trouble containing them. As far as them passing on us hoping to strick on our weakness, well they better get better at passing. I’m not concerned at all about the colts beating us, I truly believe they don’t match well against us on both sides of the ball, nothing against their talent or a diss on the program, sometimes teams just don’t match up well against their opponents, tomorrow night will be the case!!!

Wallycpo1
Waterboy

Post by Wallycpo1 »

Confidence is a wonderful thing.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Johnstown has 61 sacks on the season about 5 per game

Wallycpo1
Waterboy

Post by Wallycpo1 »

Interesting that the Colts first ever playoff game was in 2015 against JM, and now return playing for the region this year after their first ever playoff wins.

oldbballdad
Waterboy

Post by oldbballdad »

55buckeyes98 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:23 pm Johnstown has 61 sacks on the season about 5 per game
Max preps has them at 20, my bad..... or rather, whoever reports them for Jtown

Return to “Football”