Coaching Changes

OVC
JV Team

Re: Coaching Changes

Post by OVC »

Just saw where Coal Grove’s coach bolted. They are now open.

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
hammer911335
Freshman Team

Post by hammer911335 »

Yep, according to Aaron Snyder Ferguson has taken the Boyd County job. https://mobile.twitter.com/DIndependent ... gr%5Etweet

bucs40
Freshman Team

Post by bucs40 »

Yep he's gone

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

PurplePower wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:39 am
noreply66 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:02 pm Logan has the talent within the school. Something has to be done to get that talent out on the field. I know this is football but Logan's track is slowing down too. Not as fast as the football team but over the last 2 to 3 years the program seem to be declining.
Another example of a post that is delitirious to the coach and the program he is trying to run.

You admit the truth but don’t even realize it. The problem currently is talent not coaching.
Not saying anything bad about the coaches. Reading between the lines is saying we have talent but for some reason the kids are not coming out. What it is i have no idea. Are they finding other things to do? A certain percent,mostly football, of parents do not want their kids playing like in the day. Injuries frighten parents and to a point you can not blame them. Too many different ideas in what the problem is. If the talent is in the halls how does someone get to these students?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

A successful program begins at the grade school and middle school level. Once a kid gets to high school, it is tough to get them to come out and play a sport they never played be it baseball etc. I played football from grade 4-8. I didn't play 9&10 because I just wanted to play basketball. I ended up coming back out for football my junior year. If I did not have that previous experience, I would have never considered it. I remember hearing of coaches talking to guys in gym class etc to get them to go out for football, wrestling etc because they could see they had athletic talent. Some didn't have the grades and some weren't disciplined. Some never thought of playing because their parents, friends or family never played. Some coaches sought out others individually. It takes incentive and the younger the better. All programs have down years. I hope Logan turns that ship around and heads in the right direction. I had some knock down dragouts with Logan back in our old SEOAL days. I miss those days but realize they are long gone. It is time for new coaches and players to leave their own legacy at the school.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

Looks like Logan is the new Ironton in the sense Logan fans are demanding for a change...

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I have no dog in this fight but on both sides of the Logan I see. But I also look at this. 2 years ago everyone said Gallia academy had no talent?

Got a new coach and that no talent is 14-7 and a playoff game. Talent matters.... right coach making kids believe really matters..

Almost Champions
Freshman Team

Post by Almost Champions »

svac83 wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:04 am I have no dog in this fight but on both sides of the Logan I see. But I also look at this. 2 years ago everyone said Gallia academy had no talent?

Got a new coach and that no talent is 14-7 and a playoff game. Talent matters.... right coach making kids believe really matters..
More important is his ability to pluck talent from the county schools

1980-82.....the glory days of Southern basketball. We almost did it!
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Almost Champions wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:23 am
svac83 wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:04 am I have no dog in this fight but on both sides of the Logan I see. But I also look at this. 2 years ago everyone said Gallia academy had no talent?

If Carl would have picked up a couple tall Meigs or Eastern kids on those 80-82 teams he might have won a couple titles . We know Sandusky St. Mary had the Big Roth kids (1 about 7') in the state semi in 80', got beat by Larry Jordan's Southeastern Panthers with all that height at districts in 81' i believe and then Jay Byrne went off for Fenwick in that 82' state title game, hitting from everywhere on the old floor in St. John's. It was a good and exciting 3 year run. A little more height was needed but those were great teams with in district kids that had great chemistry on those "Hustlin Tornadoes" teams. *Piggybacking on your signature line* :D

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Almost Champions wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:23 am

The kids he had added all the strength and discipline to had nothing to do with county schools. You could see improvement in every kid. Look at the difference he made in a Boo Pullins and how he turned mcellend from a turnover machine into a disciplined player.

You might not believe but ask the kids that are there. And have been there the coaching made a huge difference

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Any word about coach Crabtree at valley? I know when he had his health scare a few years ago most said he wanted to at least coach till his son graduated which is this year. I hope not but with all things considered I would totally understand.

Return to “Football”