SEOPS HOF

Re: Final 4: Wheelersburg vs. Johnstown

Post by LucasDavenport »

Answering my own question.

1982 Lancaster Fulton Field. West Jeff v NY
1985 Portsmouth Spartan Stadium Desales v Ironton
1996 Lancaster Fulton Field Desales v Sheridan
1997 Lancaster Fulton Field. Germantown Valley View v Bellaire
Last edited by LucasDavenport on Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Let’s get back to thread. Looking at some videos of johnnies from last yr and this yr, I don’t see much of a diff but that Qb and Rb run a lot harder. Still a 1 dim team. That will hurt. Defensively tho, they seem quicker. As for burg, offense not as good as last yr overall. There are some Friday’s burg looked and played exactly like last yr but not nearly as consistent. I look at this game like the Greenview game. Do what you do then wear them down by 4th qtr. unless u find some matchup u can exploit earlier. Gonna be better game than last yr IMO. Good luck to both.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:36 pm Answering my own question.

1982 Lancaster Fulton Field. West Jeff v NY
1985 Portsmouth Spartan Stadium Desales v Ironton
1996 Lancaster Fulton Field Desales v Sheridan
1997 Lancaster Fulton Field. Germantown Valley View v Bellaire
There was also:
2017 Chillicothe Wheelersburg v Madison

JHS Pride
Freshman Team

Post by JHS Pride »

seasick80 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:41 pm Let’s get back to thread. Looking at some videos of johnnies from last yr and this yr, I don’t see much of a diff but that Qb and Rb run a lot harder. Still a 1 dim team. That will hurt. Defensively tho, they seem quicker. As for burg, offense not as good as last yr overall. There are some Friday’s burg looked and played exactly like last yr but not nearly as consistent. I look at this game like the Greenview game. Do what you do then wear them down by 4th qtr. unless u find some matchup u can exploit earlier. Gonna be better game than last yr IMO. Good luck to both.
I agree, but Burg has stud LB’s, very quick and aggressive. RB for Burg runs hard and hard to tackle one on one, will be a task for our ends and LB. I feel we have a speed advantage on the D side vs their O. I see good matchups, think both teams match well this year better than last year. Only true advantage I see is our pass D, how well we can cover, I believe that’s burgs ticket. Pass coverage has improved for us comparing from last years team, but that’s the advantage that Burg will probably exploit, but if we can stop the pass threat I believe we have a chance.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

allamericanironman wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:43 pm
bleed_blue wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:17 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:59 pm

Yes fullback
Good deal. Hopefully everything has worked out for the young man.
I saw him on espn or abc this year he had a nice block on touchdown run to win game I think it was against Oregon. That was pretty neat! He was on after the LSU game with the all Ohio Athens native Joey burroeux

The local paper has a write up on Facebook about this being the first state semi final at Jackson. I am not tech savvy enough to figure it out how to get link on here without exposing my identity.
Go to the post in FB and hit the share tab. That should give you an option to copy the link. Paste that in your post. Your identity is safe.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Ben Spicer just posted a video from last year’s game.

Wow, I had forgotten that this was the easiest of the last 4 games. By far.
Johnnies have a lot to overcome

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

JHS Pride wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:58 pm
seasick80 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:41 pm Let’s get back to thread. Looking at some videos of johnnies from last yr and this yr, I don’t see much of a diff but that Qb and Rb run a lot harder. Still a 1 dim team. That will hurt. Defensively tho, they seem quicker. As for burg, offense not as good as last yr overall. There are some Friday’s burg looked and played exactly like last yr but not nearly as consistent. I look at this game like the Greenview game. Do what you do then wear them down by 4th qtr. unless u find some matchup u can exploit earlier. Gonna be better game than last yr IMO. Good luck to both.
I agree, but Burg has stud LB’s, very quick and aggressive. RB for Burg runs hard and hard to tackle one on one, will be a task for our ends and LB. I feel we have a speed advantage on the D side vs their O. I see good matchups, think both teams match well this year better than last year. Only true advantage I see is our pass D, how well we can cover, I believe that’s burgs ticket. Pass coverage has improved for us comparing from last years team, but that’s the advantage that Burg will probably exploit, but if we can stop the pass threat I believe we have a chance.
I think you’ll see a heavy dose of the run game. Sure Salyers will sling it around, but I think Burg has the advantage up front. Salyers will also have all night to pick the defense apart. Nobody can cover for more than 5 seconds. Burg does a great job of creating one on one matchups. That’s the key. Win more one on ones than the other guys. When Holden or Matthews win, it’s 6. JM will have to get creative.

JHS Pride
Freshman Team

Post by JHS Pride »

It will be fun and exciting on how this plays out. I don’t think Burg will be able to run easy on us like last year, I think Granville and burg run similar schemes on the O side, it’s not exact Granville pass to set up run, Burg seems be opposite but scheme very similar, we seen it before, but they look a lot alike, QB can throw, good RB and line hard to move, they beat us but we started off very sloppy in first half.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Why did JM struggle with Irontnon, only winning 15-7?

Ironton did get a little better down the stretch. Burg handled them 28-6 and it was never really ever a game.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

JHS Pride:

You know that everyone knows that you’ve seen our scheme before right? It’s because we’ve played each other. 12 months ago.

I don’t think you will Stop Wheelersburg— truly don’t. 28 will be a low threshold. Probably 31-35 scored by The Pirates.

Can you score with us?

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

25F55667-FCBA-460D-B2D9-09968803F88F.jpeg

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good luck Pirates.......

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I think they will be ready to go now!!

#ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by #ReachHigher »

35-14 Burg. The Pirate ship sets sail for Canton again

Railroadn
JV Team

Post by Railroadn »

Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:33 am
Jack Sparrow wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:40 am
Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:14 am

Wheelersburg is good. Very good.

But there is no way they have a kid 6'6" 205 running 4.5-4.6 sitting on the bench.

Benjamin Victor starts at Ohio State. He was the #97 player in the country and #12 wide receiver coming out of high school. He was 6'4" 180 and ran a 4.6 timed 40.

Yet Wheelersburg has a kid 2 inches taller and as fast or faster sitting the pine? Come On Man!!!
Not disputing that fact about Ben victor. There are a ton of kids in the country that run 4.5-4.6, and some are more gifted and athletic than others. Just cause he’s not starting at burg doesn’t mean he’s not a 4.5-4.6. A lot of things determine who plays at burg. Trust, blocking, speed, agility, hands, route running, play book knowledge (our playbook is complex), strength etc.

No. No there are not.

People love to throw around 40 times.

Garrett Wilson is the #2 WR in the country and is committed to Ohio State. He runs a 4.63 forty. Legitimate.

If Burg has a 6'6" kid that fast....His 3rd period class would be learning the playbook.

Jerry Rice ran a 4.71. Just sayin'.....

JHS Pride
Freshman Team

Post by JHS Pride »

LucasDavenport wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:12 pm JHS Pride:

You know that everyone knows that you’ve seen our scheme before right? It’s because we’ve played each other. 12 months ago.

I don’t think you will Stop Wheelersburg— truly don’t. 28 will be a low threshold. Probably 31-35 scored by The Pirates.

Can you score with us?
I know that, but some players on the team have not played against it, seeing it and playing against it is different.
You all may just come in and knock the snot out of us and everyone predictions may be right, you guys are really good and talented, I’m just stating what I see and my opinion just like everyone else on here.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I don't put much faith in weather forecasts more than 3 days away, but the early forecast for Saturday is a high of 53 and a 90% chance of rain.

Nightrain75
Waterboy

Post by Nightrain75 »

Someone was asking if this game between the Pirates and the Johnnie's is the furthest South of any other State Semifinals contest?? NO!!!! We had sddgame against Nelsonville York in the early 80's that we lost. That was the year Bruce Parsley kicked the long field goal at Dayton Welcome stadium to win the region for us. Someone help me out who we beat in that game

Nightrain75
Waterboy

Post by Nightrain75 »

The said game above was at Ironton Tank Memorial Stadium!

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

Kyberjay wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:59 pm
piratefan3 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:33 pm I love how everyone is focusing on if we filled Darby or if we have a receiver who is that tall and that fast but just isn't good (which we do) instead of focusing on Burg's third state semifinal in the last 4 years, looking for a repeat. It's hilarious how much people hate a winner. If you're team isn't winning stop trying to do anything to make all burg people look like ignorant liars. Focus on the topic at hand which is Burg playing to go to the state final in Canton. At this point in the season no one cares about the fans, it's who wins ball games and most Johnstown people are already intimidated by the Pirates trying to bring up anything that is completely irrelevant at this point late in the season.
Intimidated? Johnstown?🤣🤣🤣🤣... sorry booger fans but you ain’t the same team you were a year ago..
you're right, we're better :lol:

Return to “Football”