Waterboy

Re: Final 4: Wheelersburg vs. Johnstown

Post by Hound-dog »

Just sayn This burg fan is not over confident

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

I’m positive this WILL NOT be the best D Burg has faced. More than likely this is the best D Jtown has faced. Skill players being the same on both sides, Jtown rb’s and qb have not gotten exponentially faster in 12 months, and same for burg. If I’m handicapping this, burgs got better Oline, Dline, backers, secondary and skill positions.
Gotta go with the burg
38-14
That’s a late score by the johnies

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Little pause for Burg fans. In reference to overcoming the 34-7 difference in 12 months.

Orrville plays Liberty Center in the other D5 Semifinal.

Orrville defeated Manchester 43-19 in the Regional Finals. I would think we could agree that sounds like a dominating win.

Week 8 of this season Manchester defeated Orrville.

67-31.

Lose by 36. Win by 24 in a 5 week span.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Don’t know what it’s like up there in the surrounding areas of Johnstown but down here we’re like brothers. Fight amongst ourselves but once it gets to be one of us against someone from outside the area, most of us root for one another...I can’t wait to watch this game!

dr3737
Waterboy

Post by dr3737 »

522Pirate I just read your post. I think it’s sweet to see a local team this far in the playoffs no matter what team it is. But the burg people think they are the best at every thing. I heard it for two years now........ Out Town...... Our City......Our County..........but now someone says something and your like......We.....We.... down hear in we all stick together. Don’t get me wrong but all year this be about you you you. Know that someone said something to get to mad it’s.....Us......Us....Us. Don’t change it fight your own battle and leave everyone else out of your fight. Good luck to Burg.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

You’ve heard no such thing from me...and you do realize that the number of posters on these forums pales in comparison to the number of people in our community, right? I saw evidence of it last year during Burg’s title run, in the various school jackets and apparel in the stands and well wishes lining the road to Canton. I’m sorry you feel that way but I would gladly attend an area school’s tournament games and cheer them on.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

dr3737 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:59 pm 522Pirate I just read your post. I think it’s sweet to see a local team this far in the playoffs no matter what team it is. But the burg people think they are the best at every thing. I heard it for two years now........ Out Town...... Our City......Our County..........but now someone says something and your like......We.....We.... down hear in we all stick together. Don’t get me wrong but all year this be about you you you. Know that someone said something to get to mad it’s.....Us......Us....Us. Don’t change it fight your own battle and leave everyone else out of your fight. Good luck to Burg.
Wow.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

14svt wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:01 pm I just think the southern competition you play is terrible that’s why they have winning records
Granville did what to Jackson I’ll let you think
Also Licking valley did what to St Clairsville
And That’s why Wheelersburg is good
You came up north and got your butts handed
Bishop Hartley, Bishop Watterson and even Waverly and Jackson are not terrible southern competition.

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

dr3737 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:59 pm 522Pirate I just read your post. I think it’s sweet to see a local team this far in the playoffs no matter what team it is. But the burg people think they are the best at every thing. I heard it for two years now........ Out Town...... Our City......Our County..........but now someone says something and your like......We.....We.... down hear in we all stick together. Don’t get me wrong but all year this be about you you you. Know that someone said something to get to mad it’s.....Us......Us....Us. Don’t change it fight your own battle and leave everyone else out of your fight. Good luck to Burg.
OMG

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Hound-dog wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:09 pm Martins Ferry blasted Bellaire 34-0 week 10 then lost week 11 to Bellaire only a week. 12 months could make up for a lot.
Wheelersburg beat Portsmouth West 28-7 in the season finale and the 52-7 in the playoffs a week later. Just what do either of these scenarios have to do with Saturday's game?

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

WE ARE

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

THE BURG

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

B-U

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

R to the G baby!!!

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

14svt wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:00 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:50 pm
14svt wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:01 pm I just think the southern competition you play is terrible that’s why they have winning records
Wow this is silly I was being courteous. If you think ironton can play d you ain’t seen nothing yet. Burg will more than likely embarrass you guys. You will have no answers and all excuses in a few days. Jackson laid an egg at Granville bunch of youngsters but whatever. The home team feel will be overwhelming for the burg. Your boys will be inshock on the big stage playing before 8000 I’d say 6000 burg fans.

Us Jackson guys coined the phrase DaBurg!DABURG
6000 fans you wish
There will be a lot of southern teams there against you and despise
But it’s all good
When we beat you it will be a lot of Shock

I remember this 14 from last year lol.

I made the mistake of going to the game at The O last year. wasn't it 30-0 at halftime? or end of 1st? i cant remember. What I do remember is leaving early because I underestimated how good Burg was and thought Johnstown would give them a game. I wont make the mistake this year. Good luck in the state finals Burg.

Hound-dog
Waterboy

Post by Hound-dog »

77 that means if u don’t come to play every week things can change in a big way.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I honestly don't believe you to be a Johnstown poster, you offer no facts and you can't combat anything factual that is thrown your way. I literally said the hardest defensive teams Johnnies have played held them to 10,14, and 15 that won't cut it against burg and you don't even mention or talk on those games. What does Jackson playing Granville have anything to do with it?? Are you trying to loop around and say this team played this team, who knows team, but played the other team?? I mean come on so Granville, who has a solid defense beat an average Jackson squad that finished 7-3 and held jackson to 7 points meanwhile Granville held the Johnnies to 14 while beating them.

The Johnnie have had it made so far in the playoffs region 19 just doesn't offer near the quality teams that region 20 did.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

JHS Pride wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:58 pm
spider2Ybanana wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:02 pm
14U wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:53 pm

Nice write up on them thanks! I don’t think many teams matchup line play like Madison as they had the best front 4 I’ve seen for along time. I watched last years game so they just had to replace some linemen? I like a fast defense that flies to the ball, so sounds like they’re a solid team.
Yea that sounds right. I'm unsure of exactly how many players they returned from last years team. Offensively it seems they returned most of the lineup with the exception of 2-3 linemen and a couple receivers. Defensively they return most of the DL, but other than that I'm not sure. I know people will say that they won Region 19 and that they think the region is weak, but at the end of the day they are region champions and you don't do that without playing the game really well and having dynamic players. They will come to play and I expect Wheelersburg to come out continuing to roll. I think this is closer than last years game. Maybe 31-14 or so with Burg scoring a TD or FG late to put it away, similar to the Greeneview game.
Two of the running backs are from last years team, we have a sophomore we use as third rotation, we do go in power I but sometimes I’ve seen them in the old wing T formation, similar to what ironton had, not all the time but I have seen it in a few games, lots of option read. There O line only return 2, receivers the same, so pretty much same O as last year, but those players were a lot of them were first year varsity.
JHS Pride, What does ur defense line up in? What size does ur front have and are they quick and fast?

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

14U wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:47 am
spider2Ybanana wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:02 pm

Yea that sounds right. I'm unsure of exactly how many players they returned from last years team. Offensively it seems they returned most of the lineup with the exception of 2-3 linemen and a couple receivers. Defensively they return most of the DL, but other than that I'm not sure. I know people will say that they won Region 19 and that they think the region is weak, but at the end of the day they are region champions and you don't do that without playing the game really well and having dynamic players. They will come to play and I expect Wheelersburg to come out continuing to roll. I think this is closer than last years game. Maybe 31-14 or so with Burg scoring a TD or FG late to put it away, similar to the Greeneview game.
Two of the running backs are from last years team, we have a sophomore we use as third rotation, we do go in power I but sometimes I’ve seen them in the old wing T formation, similar to what ironton had, not all the time but I have seen it in a few games, lots of option read. There O line only return 2, receivers the same, so pretty much same O as last year, but those players were a lot of them were first year varsity.
JHS Pride, What does ur defense line up in? What size does ur front have and are they quick and fast?
they are pretty quick, what stands out to me is #45 on their defense line very quick , #6 and #57 linebackers are quick and read well

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Sport Fan wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:55 am
14U wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:47 am
they are pretty quick, what stands out to me is #45 on their defense line very quick , #6 and #57 linebackers are quick and read well
I believe that’s where it will be won or lost. The line play! Madison had the best front I’ve seen and that kept them in the game for two yrs straight against burg. Last year Johnstown’s line was not that good, have they improved?

Return to “Football”