Go Burg!
2015 region champs
2017 region champs/state champs
2018 region champs

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Final 4: Wheelersburg vs. Johnstown

Post by greygoose »

Terrible because when I left the game I knew everyone would come out of the woods talking about burg and what they think happened. Well here we are and there the few of you are, where he been all year?? Forget the JM offense and burgs defense, the offense couldn't get anything going, never really even tried to run the ball. I'm guessing burg had what 7 first downs or so if that.

Urban
Riding the Bench

Post by Urban »

bleed_blue wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:18 pm
wobycat wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:16 pm
Urban wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:15 pm

Absolutely amazing. Same team couldn't do anything last year runs allover them. Imagine that
Go Burg! 2017 state champs. 2018 region 20 champs

You can add 1989 State Champs to that as well
If that makes you feel better

The jigs up. OHSAA and competition are aware of the ways. Better ramp up the recruiting

14U
S

Post by 14U »

JHS Pride wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:44 pm Burg fans I will say, very respectable people, I had some conversations with two Burg fans and those two dudes were awesome, never got their names but they had a great attitude and wished us the best, that’s class and I will remember them for a long time.
Where were u sitting?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Urban wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:23 pm

The jigs up. OHSAA and competition are aware of the ways. Better ramp up the recruiting
Go Burg! 89, 17 state champs

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:46 pm How many Senior starters does Johnstown have on each side of the ball?

Good luck, bring a State Championship to Region 19 (the weakest in D5 according to some :) )
Offense: 7
Defense:5

Johnstown has been a two platoon system hiatorically. this is first time in a long time maybe since their d coordinator played rb/lb in 2002 that a player has played the whole season both ways... sophomore #32 Jake Lusk TE/DE

Urban
Riding the Bench

Post by Urban »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:22 pm Terrible because when I left the game I knew everyone would come out of the woods talking about burg and what they think happened. Well here we are and there the few of you are, where he been all year?? Forget the JM offense and burgs defense, the offense couldn't get anything going, never really even tried to run the ball. I'm guessing burg had what 7 first downs or so if that.
Because if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Urban wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:25 pm
greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:22 pm Terrible because when I left the game I knew everyone would come out of the woods talking about burg and what they think happened. Well here we are and there the few of you are, where he been all year?? Forget the JM offense and burgs defense, the offense couldn't get anything going, never really even tried to run the ball. I'm guessing burg had what 7 first downs or so if that.
I guess I don't understand the dwelling on something that has been ruled on. I'd just hate to think that I held so much animonicty towards a group that it would consume me like it has you. Hate to see high school sports do that to someone, I will pray for you and hope you find peace.
Last edited by greygoose on Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Go Burg! 4th all time winning percentage in state of Ohio.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Urban where do you live address please ?

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Urban where do you live , address please

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:30 pm
I guess I don't understand the dwelling on something that has been ruled on. I'd just hate to think that I held so much animonicty towards a group that it would consume me like it has you. Hate to see high school sports do that to someone, I will pray for you and hope you find peace.
Greygoose. You don’t know the half of it. The local teams thrive in the defeat of a burg team. When you say you’re from burg to someone, they always give you a look. This is like sharks to the water to them. The perfect storm. Grown men will party tonight over a high school football team losing.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Urban wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:23 pm

There we go knew you couldn’t go much longer without bringing up recruiting. Don’t enjoy tonight too much I know you’ve dreamed about this for awhile.

Urban
Riding the Bench

Post by Urban »

Well I appreciate that. But let me ask this. Are we in the wrong talking about something we know is wrong, or a program of adults that knowingly run a program in the "gray" area, which in turn cheats programs and kids that don't operate like that?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Urban wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:38 pm

Well I appreciate that. But let me ask this. Are we in the wrong talking about something we know is wrong, or a program of adults that knowingly run a program in the "gray" area, which in turn cheats programs and kids that don't operate like that?
Urban you should have went with the people from Madison to see the OHSAA. Seems like you have the evidence. I like how you’ve given no credit to Johnstown.

Kyberjay
Waterboy

Post by Kyberjay »

Agree... urban take your sour grapes and go home... and do t root for the Johnnies please... we don’t want fans like you.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

wobycat wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:40 pm

Urban you should have went with the people from Madison to see the OHSAA. Seems like you have the evidence. I like how you’ve given no credit to Johnstown.
Cmon Urban knows more about Wheelersburg than Wheelersburg does.

Urban
Riding the Bench

Post by Urban »

Johnstown is a fine team. Very deserving to win. Good for them that they played this week instead of last so that had a fair shot to do so

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Actually, I’m fatigued about the whole Madison thing. I know it never happened. I’ve went away from this game in which credit must be given. Johnstown had burgs number. The backs ran hard. They wanted. Good luck Johnstown in the state finals. Your fans will enjoy the week leading up to it. Hopefully you come out with a state title. I know you guys have had numerous winning seasons. Be nice to get the big one.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

To use this thread for it, yes. I get the frustrations I just prefer to stick to the game and give the Johnnies all the credit they deserve and not take away from the accomplishments those seniors for burg have gathered in their career. By the attacks I feel you try and take away from the real focus which should be on the group of 15-18 year old young men that play this great game. Calling out adults should be done face to face or a phone call whichever, just not here.

Return to “Football”