Final 4: Wheelersburg vs. Johnstown

14svt
JV Team

Re: Final 4: Wheelersburg vs. Johnstown

Post by 14svt »

My take on the game last night
Wheelersburg has a lot of overweight line men, really slow, trim them down they looked gassed out of every play, and it seemed like they had a lot of players being injured I don’t know is that was just to slow Johnstown momentum din also someone on here said Johnstown being one dimensional doesn’t get you in the championships it did last night Wheelersburg had a way better team last year,
Also the penalties hurt them also
They like to hit after the plays #3 did that a lot
Milk Jugs were louder last year also

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Slothman & BarlowBandit,
I understand your point but regardless of the picture Wheelersburg fans want to paint, they have the same type fans as every other community in southern Ohio.

So far on this thread I have read Wheelersburg fans calling people jerks, usung phrases for cussing, questioning their kids and their coaches, etc. The exact same things that other communities do after loses. Wheelersburg will claim to have knowledgeable fans, classy fan, raise their kids to out work kids in other community, have better coaches, respect every opponent, never overlook anybody, etc. Unfortunately Wheelersburg’s actions do not always back up their words. They have fans just like every other community. They are fans sitting behind a computer like everybody else’s fans. Wheelersburg will claim to do things right and they do quite often but when they get upset they will act the same as every other community.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Johnstown Johnnies vs Middletown Madison vs Wheelersburg Pirates, three solid programs. How are they different in skill levels, quickness, line play, defensive schemes, coaching, offensive schemes, and outlooks in future. Be interesting to look into the future of these three solid programs that have success. You have a Columbus area team , a western Ohio type of team and a Southern type team.

dontreply
Freshman Team

Post by dontreply »

Burg has three play makers then everyone is is average that will win weak soc teams but not against good teams if they move up a division they won't compete as well .
I was at the game some one must have let lose of a very strong oder fart in the burg stands right at the beginning of the fourth qtr because them fans was in a foot race to get outa there!

14U
S

Post by 14U »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:07 am
Crab's Brother wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:05 am
BurgGrad92 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:03 am

Yes, and it seemed they were lacking leadership at times. Someone that could rally the team when they were flat. I do think Burg got caught looking ahead to next week and put too much focus on last week’s game possibly? I never knew The coaching staff to allow so much pomp and circumadtance around a game (community pep rally). It was awesome, but It wasn’t typical business as usual attitude I’ve seen in the past
I said that several times this season when it came to leadership. I thought last year’s team had that while this year, outside of Dahm, I hadn’t seen it. I think it showed up last night.

Wheelersburg had a great season but they were flat bullied at the LOS tonight. I will never outright question a coaching staff for gameplans. They watch the film and know their teams. But I wonder why Wheelersburg went deep to Holden on the first play but never again? Seemed like he had an advantage on the perimeter.

Good question and who knows on Holden!! He had a huge mismatch last week that was exposed one time and the kid couldn’t cover him. Never went back to it.
Yes me and a buddy talked about that last week and then again last night! Couldn’t believe how much taller for the jumping and never used it. We talked about maybe using him second half but never happen. We also picked up on when 29 went in motion he was getting the ball either pass or pitch. Both games we saw defenders already running for him before the ball was in his hands. Burg needed to go downfield to Holden not down line of scrimmage 90% of time.

Burg94
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg94 »

Congrats Johnstown...you were better. The Johnnie fans I talked to were more than respectful. Nothing to be ashamed of Pirates...Enjoyed this senior group. Hopefully JTown wins it all...back to back region 19 winners would be awesome, since we were looked down on last year. JTown is in the same boat now...Good Luck!

TCat
Riding the Bench

Post by TCat »

dontreply wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:19 pm Burg has three play makers then everyone is is average that will win weak soc teams but not against good teams if they move up a division they won't compete as well .
I was at the game some one must have let lose of a very strong oder fart in the burg stands right at the beginning of the fourth qtr because them fans was in a foot race to get outa there!
This.
They out athleted local teams to score big points and won at the State Level with defense.
If they make the move to D4 they better go to a more traditional offense or they are in big big trouble.
They have some good players in their system but quarterback play will take a big step back and there is no replacement for the freak athleticism Holden had. Mathews is the best athlete in the area, but it will be way easier to contain him without Holden to worry about

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Question for those who went to both games- If Madison had played Johnstown, how would that have turned out? Would it have been a better matchup? Would Madison have more success stopping the johnnies run game? Very curious to know.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Is burg going to d4? I heard this a few times during the year.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

dontreply wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:19 pm Burg has three play makers then everyone is is average that will win weak soc teams but not against good teams if they move up a division they won't compete as well .
You won the best comment of the day!! I can’t stop laughing!

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Wonder if video hype guy got this on film.. was it raining or did this really happen

TCat
Riding the Bench

Post by TCat »

Otto wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:22 pm Question for those who went to both games- If Madison had played Johnstown, how would that have turned out? Would it have been a better matchup? Would Madison have more success stopping the johnnies run game? Very curious to know.
Madison was a better team than Johnstown. Football is about matchups, so Johnstown with their speed may have been more equipped to stop Wheelersburg's spread, but Madison wasn't slow. But Madison would've run right at Johnstown which is what you need to do. Madisons run defense is tough so they would slow Johnstown down. Size of Madison would wear on Johnstown. IMO good game, but Madison would've won by a couple touchdowns.
Plus we will never know what happened between those 2 games and how much of a fair shot Madison got against Wheelersburg

JHS Pride
Freshman Team

Post by JHS Pride »

TCat wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:22 pm
Otto wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:22 pm Question for those who went to both games- If Madison had played Johnstown, how would that have turned out? Would it have been a better matchup? Would Madison have more success stopping the johnnies run game? Very curious to know.
Madison was a better team than Johnstown. Football is about matchups, so Johnstown with their speed may have been more equipped to stop Wheelersburg's spread, but Madison wasn't slow. But Madison would've run right at Johnstown which is what you need to do. Madisons run defense is tough so they would slow Johnstown down. Size of Madison would wear on Johnstown. IMO good game, but Madison would've won by a couple touchdowns.
Plus we will never know what happened between those 2 games and how much of a fair shot Madison got against Wheelersburg
To answer that scenario, we played a team similar to Madison (LV) and won

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

STOP WITH THE CRAP!!! Madison had there fair shot! There was NO cheating or Burg would not have been playing this week!!

UNBELIEVABLE that it is still being talked about.

TCat
Riding the Bench

Post by TCat »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:05 pm
STOP WITH THE CRAP!!! Madison had there fair shot! There was NO cheating or Burg would not have been playing this week!!

That's your opinion
Fact is Wheelersburg played 2 good predominately run teams in which they play last year. They handled Johnstown easily last year running the same offense with basically the same players. They went from a juggernaut one Saturday to soft as a jelly donut the next. Difficult to believe preparation and motivation are the only factors in that.

85yards
Riding the Bench

Post by 85yards »

:lol:
Last edited by 85yards on Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I just went 85 yards straight thru the heart of the south- Ezekiel Elliott 1/1/15
85yards
Riding the Bench

Post by 85yards »

85yards wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:52 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:05 pm

And........ there were no burg assistant coaches disguised as "Media Members," on the opposing team's sideline at this game either. With 4:00 left in the game Johnstown had a chance to put a running clock on the Pirates but instead felt sorry and kicked a FG.

I just went 85 yards straight thru the heart of the south- Ezekiel Elliott 1/1/15
Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Fact of matter...Madison is a 2 hit wonder that came up short and couldn’t handle defeat! Fact of the matter...Johnstown was better prepared for burg(that’s life sometimes) and beat them handily! Burg can handle it! Fact of the matter...burg lost and the haters will gloat but, burg will go on being burg and they will continue to succeed at football and all sports (girls and boys) PLUS, they prepare their students for the future academically! Burg is a special place with great coaches, great teachers, administrators and community! Win or lose, the beat continues...GO BURG!!!

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

I will say one thing about the Wheelersburg fans rolling out of Alumni Stadium at the end of the 3rd...

We were sitting on the home side with a nice view of the exit as everyone was leaving. I looked down and seen almost everyone leaving. As I thought about who was leaving I noticed a lot of "transplants" hitting the road early. I think Burg is being hit with a lot of "bandwagoners" right now and a lot of them post on here. I think a lot of the "true" Wheelersburg people stayed and supported their kids. But this is something that comes up when you have a lot of people from out of Porter township as "fans". Just my two cents.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:10 am I will say one thing about the Wheelersburg fans rolling out of Alumni Stadium at the end of the 3rd...

We were sitting on the home side with a nice view of the exit as everyone was leaving. I looked down and seen almost everyone leaving. As I thought about who was leaving I noticed a lot of "transplants" hitting the road early. I think Burg is being hit with a lot of "bandwagoners" right now and a lot of them post on here. I think a lot of the "true" Wheelersburg people stayed and supported their kids. But this is something that comes up when you have a lot of people from out of Porter township as "fans". Just my two cents.
100% accurate.

Watching SE Ohio basketball

Return to “Football”