Final 4: Wheelersburg vs. Johnstown

burgfella69
JV Team

Re: Final 4: Wheelersburg vs. Johnstown

Post by burgfella69 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:22 pm
piratefan3 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:40 pm
TCat wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:37 pm Making one look like an ignorant lier is easy when blatant lies are posted.
This isn't a lie which is the funny thing, you can be big and quick but completely unathletic, also that #11 has tourettes which could also keep a receiver off the field. No one knows all the facts.
Wait.......the 6'6 kid that runs a legit 4.6 has Tourettes? This is getting really good now......
I don't know his 40 time but he does have tourettes.

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

Anyway, I got Burg 34, JM 14

Railroadn
JV Team

Post by Railroadn »

rxburgfan wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:20 am
Railroadn wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:26 am
packers80 wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:50 pm In the grand scheme of things does it really matter who sits where? Burg will have the most fans so predominately you'll hear milk jugs.

Milk Jugs... 😂 it's all about the milk Jugs. Lol...
It ain’t all about the milk jugs it’s about the “W’s” and they just keep coming.

I suppose that all depends on who your talking to on this thread.

RX....I'm not quite sure how i managed to make it look like you said " i suppose that all depends on who your talking to on this thread " but my point is people are talking about lots of things that don't have much to do with the game. From milk jugs to tourettes.
Last edited by Railroadn on Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Railroadn wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:20 pm
greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:15 pm Now back to the game, believe I will be taking this game in should be interesting. Not very often a state semi final game ends up being played in SEO.

I'll be taking in this game also. Is Jackson the farthest south a seminal game has ever been played in ohio?
Yes and there is a reason 7200 packed capacity closer to 8000 standing room. Alumi was built for this specific purpose. It is called Alumni stadium because alumni paid for it look at the brick wall to the right when you walk in. All the names on the wall built it over a million out of pocket! That’s how much we like our football round here.

On another note it is way more friendly than the old hs field. The middle school field now it was something special. I’d like to see some old photos of the old field filled to capacity on a Friday night. It was unique and still stands at the bottom of the hill in town.

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:18 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:36 pm TCat, Barrlow, and Bleeding Red are not Burgfans and add nothing to this conversation.
We actually did add to this conversation lol.

And when Burg posters say they filled the stadium its a lie. I was there. The center was full but the sides were not full at all.

When the Burg posters act like they have Benjamin Victor on the sidelines but he isnt good enough to start, its a lie.

You just dont like to be called out on lies nor are you used to it. As long as the Burg posters keep inventing lies, you should probably get used to being called out on it.

People from Valley, Minford and West didnt post this stuff. We just responded to it. Not sure why Burg people cant just be happy and humble after a win. Its like thats not good enough so they have to make stuff up but are then amazed that people call them out on the BS.
Funny how some of you soc2 people are always on burgs threads making negative comments! That jealousy and envy will eat you alive! Breathhhhhh.....relaxxxxxxxx....repeat after me. BURG IS THE WORD....BURG IS THE WORD! Feel better?

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

Welp, we have 13 pages of the Burg-Johnstown game and probably less than 13 actual posts on here about the game.

Burg playing their best football of the year right now. On Saturday, Burg Seniors will be playing their game #56 of High School, with a combined record of 52-3 (having lost in high school to Coldwater, Coshocton and Bishop Hartley.) What people fail to realize, is that by playing 56 games, this is like playing almost 6 regular seasons of HS football. Not to mention, every one of those 55 prior games, every team has brought their hardest possible effort to beat Burg. Each game was circled on the opponent's schedule as one of their biggest games of the year.

Burg's next huge challenge will be Johnstown. Johnstown has had an excellent season and Burg knows that it will be getting their best possible effort. Does not matter how much smack talk and banter goes on between now and 7pm Saturday, the players on the field will decide the game, and Burg will be working harder than they ever have to go out and perform at their maximum effort Saturday. This is the Seniors game #56, but right now to them, it is the most important game of their high school career.

I am looking forward to this great challenge. The stats are similar, records the same, have played 2 common opponents this year, and played each other in a playoff game on 11/17/17. Burg played an outstanding game last week against the previously 12-0 Madison team and will be out to play another oustanding game this week.

GO BURG!!! Hopes for an injury-free game on both sides.

piratefan3
Waterboy

Post by piratefan3 »

TCat wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:37 pm Making one look like an ignorant lier is easy when blatant lies are posted.
This isn't a lie which is the funny thing, you can be big and quick but completely unathletic, also that #11 has tourettes which could also keep a receiver off the field. No one knows all the facts.
Wait.......the 6'6 kid that runs a legit 4.6 has Tourettes? This is getting really good now......
He runs a high 4.6 low 4.7 and yes he has tourettes, he snorts and throws his arm any time he starts talking, I know him personally but why does it matter? You're probably a full grown who has nothing better to do so he just hates on kids that don't play and hates the winning team but who am I to judge

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

wobycat wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:36 pm TCat, Barrlow, and Bleeding Red are not Burgfans and add nothing to this conversation.

And when Burg posters say they filled the stadium its a lie. I was there. The center was full but the sides were not full at all.

When the Burg posters act like they have Benjamin Victor on the sidelines but he isnt good enough to start, its a lie.

You just dont like to be called out on lies nor are you used to it. As long as the Burg posters keep inventing lies, you should probably get used to being called out on it.

People from Valley, Minford and West didnt post this stuff. We just responded to it. Not sure why Burg people cant just be happy and humble after a win. Its like thats not good enough so they have to make stuff up but are then amazed that people call them out on the BS.
As usual, another local that can't stand it when Wheelersburg succeeds. Who cares if some kid brags about his 40 time, true or not? Just what does it have to do with the game or even every day life? Is his bragging destroying your day? Maybe someday Minford will actually go this far and can make up stories about them to balance it all out for you.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Bobbbbbb wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:40 pm

Funny how some of you soc2 people are always on burgs threads making negative comments! That jealousy and envy will eat you alive! Breathhhhhh.....relaxxxxxxxx....repeat after me. BURG IS THE WORD....BURG IS THE WORD! Feel better?

I was reading and thinking the same thing , it is so obvious that many people including bleeding red are jealous !!!! Hey it is okay to be part of something special or move to the Burg , at least they are still playing to full up stands

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

TCat wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:27 pm
BondRoad Bandit wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:20 pm
Because I just personally hate when people lie like that and then make up stats to keep it going. Kinda like Burg posters saying they filled Darby to the max just don’t like it. And I’ll continue to call it out no matter who posts it.
Exactly. Lies. But if the roster is correct and the poster is his dad it makes perfect sense. Typical Wheelersburg transplant. Probably has several usernames on here which would again make sense

And I agree. I was at Darby. Nowhere near full and alot of those were non Wheelersburg fans because the visitors side was full. Typical BS

Does Wheelersburg have 6 period Football Class?

Awww, did da Burg beat your widdle team?

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

piratefan3 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:43 pm

He runs a high 4.6 low 4.7 and yes he has tourettes, he snorts and throws his arm any time he starts talking, I know him personally but why does it matter? You're probably a full grown who has nothing better to do so he just hates on kids that don't play and hates the winning team but who am I to judge
He's a great kid who will be getting quality playing time next year for the Burg. Really, we are now on page 3 of the Johnstown game topic, talking about #11? Lay off the kid.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

allamericanironman wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:36 pm
greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:15 pm Now back to the game, believe I will be taking this game in should be interesting. Not very often a state semi final game ends up being played in SEO.

I'll be taking in this game also. Is Jackson the farthest south a seminal game has ever been played in ohio?
Yes and there is a reason 7200 packed capacity closer to 8000 standing room. Alumi was built for this specific purpose. It is called Alumni stadium because alumni paid for it look at the brick wall to the right when you walk in. All the names on the wall built it over a million out of pocket! That’s how much we like our football round here.

On another note it is way more friendly than the old hs field. The middle school field now it was something special. I’d like to see some old photos of the old field filled to capacity on a Friday night. It was unique and still stands at the bottom of the hill in town.
Isn't the press box named after Holzer because they donated quite a bit of money to build it?? Been to the stadium and it top notch didn't realize it held 7,200 though that it was in the 5-5,500 range.

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

Bobbbbbb wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:40 pm

Ok I got so stating facts is being envious got it. Makes sense

allamericanironman
All Conference

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:50 pm

Isn't the press box named after Holzer because they donated quite a bit of money to build it?? Been to the stadium and it top notch didn't realize it held 7,200 though that it was in the 5-5,500 range.
Yes they sponsored the field but we built it. Fire code 6000 7200 is closer to actual. The question is will it be filled? Biggest crowd this year was gallia and we couldn’t fill it only 5000. Can burg fill it? Who will win home side stands?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

allamericanironman wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:00 pm
greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:50 pm

Yes they sponsored the field but we built it. Fire code 6000 7200 is closer to actual. The question is will it be filled? Biggest crowd this year was gallia and we couldn’t fill it only 5000. Can burg fill it? Who will win home side stands?
I was at the Burg and Jackson game last year and if I remember correctly I believe they filled the visitor side. Problem up on the hill you run into with those crowds is parking. Also attended the Coal Grove and Nelsonville game there last year and it wasn't even close to getting to capacity. I think Burg can win the home side but I don't believe they can fill the home side, I think if it gets filled it will be because of everyone in the area going to the game.

JeepsWin
Waterboy

Post by JeepsWin »

Can you tell me how to get, how to get to Sesame Street?

OK, that is my unrelated post on this 13 page non - Burg -Johnstown game discussion

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:49 am
Crab's Brother wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:32 pm
BurgGrad6 wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:35 pm
Hahahahaha that Hartley team would absolutely destroy any team Johnstown ever had!! We actually have a couple 6’6” receivers.. and tanner is an athlete we use him in space and let him make defenders look stupid. Go watch last years game against us. You will see!
Who are Burg’s other 6’6” receivers? Have they been out the last 5 weeks?

Did BurgGrad 6 ever answer this?
Sorry man didn’t see where you asked. #11 Corey Maxie

allamericanironman
All Conference

https://www.timesjournal.com/news/artic ... fa56e.html

FYI 6 is d1 fellas

We beat the breaks off burg that year.

I have never seen a burg team quit like that year and it was at the burg. Was the worst they have ever been beat up 🤕.
Last edited by allamericanironman on Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Looking back over the years, didn't realize the success the Johnnies have had. Missed playoffs a couple of times but for the most part found themselves winning 2-3 games each year. Since about 2010 or so anyways.

JHS Pride
Freshman Team

Post by JHS Pride »

piratefan3 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:33 pm I love how everyone is focusing on if we filled Darby or if we have a receiver who is that tall and that fast but just isn't good (which we do) instead of focusing on Burg's third state semifinal in the last 4 years, looking for a repeat. It's hilarious how much people hate a winner. If you're team isn't winning stop trying to do anything to make all burg people look like ignorant liars. Focus on the topic at hand which is Burg playing to go to the state final in Canton. At this point in the season no one cares about the fans, it's who wins ball games and most Johnstown people are already intimidated by the Pirates trying to bring up anything that is completely irrelevant at this point late in the season.
Really??? Not intimidated at all, your not the powerhouse type school that we have faced before, you guys are good and have great program and making a great run at state past few years, but we are not intimidated at all, trust me. We are preparing for you, not intimidated.

Return to “Football”