Final 4: Wheelersburg vs. Johnstown

14svt
JV Team

Re: Final 4: Wheelersburg vs. Johnstown

Post by 14svt »

Madison came in the game wanting to fight you guys more then play football I love it your team will be more angry You guys are averaging more penalties in each game
Jtown is playing really good ball, 3 running backs, great Qb , Big oline , Fast Defense ,
I like our favor this year

I’m done fighting a bout teams
We will find out Saturday
Last edited by 14svt on Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Love the newbies that show up the week they play the burg and talk smack then disappear never to be heard from again after the game
Of course you do have the Madison fans that have hung on a little longer to wine and cry about how the burg cheated. They have become the joke of the entire state

Burg96
Waterboy

Post by Burg96 »

I still would like to hear some honest insight into how Johnstown fans believe they are 27 points+ better than last year’s 34-7 final score.

I realize both teams lost starters and returned some starters on both sides of the ball. But both teams play a similar brand of football from last year as well.

I think the game will be lower scoring than some think. Sounds like 2 good defensive units for sure. I’ll say Burg 24-7

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

With Ironton playing Johnnies to a 15-7 game, think coach Pendleton gave a little southern hospitality to burg and hooked them up with the game film??

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Burg96 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:55 pm I still would like to hear some honest insight into how Johnstown fans believe they are 27 points+ better than last year’s 34-7 final score.

I realize both teams lost starters and returned some starters on both sides of the ball. But both teams play a similar brand of football from last year as well.

I think the game will be lower scoring than some think. Sounds like 2 good defensive units for sure. I’ll say Burg 24-7
I've posted this same question and brought out all the stats for 14svt and he can't say why. Then again was trying to explain to me how the Johnnies weren't 1-dimensional either so really makes me wonder if it's truly a fan or someone just fishing for arguments. 14svt did say something that was very true, burg has got to cut down on the penalties it is going to come back to bite them if they don't clean it up.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:46 pm
14svt wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:37 pm You guys just don’t about the speed of Jtown d this year
They are quicker this year and I believe it’s been stated early in the thread. Everyone has just went off on the tirades. 😂. They will have the same problem Madison had, over pursuit. But burnt them several times. It seemed like they baited them. Every play went to the boundary. Then in the second they started using misdirection and Madison got lost.
We will see genius

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:12 pm With Ironton playing Johnnies to a 15-7 game, think coach Pendleton gave a little southern hospitality to burg and hooked them up with the game film??
Well Hartley coach is friends with Jtown coach

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:15 pm
Burg96 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:55 pm I still would like to hear some honest insight into how Johnstown fans believe they are 27 points+ better than last year’s 34-7 final score.

I've posted this same question and brought out all the stats for 14svt and he can't say why. Then again was trying to explain to me how the Johnnies weren't 1-dimensional either so really makes me wonder if it's truly a fan or someone just fishing for arguments. 14svt did say something that was very true, burg has got to cut down on the penalties it is going to come back to bite them if they don't clean it up.
We have faced teams like yours this year
Mutible 1000+ rbs
Multiple 2000+ Passes quarterbacks
Shut down

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

What burg did to Madison is what makes me think burg repeats. Burg fans, who are knowledgeable, weren’t sure of what they had, and came out very impressed with what they saw. That’s why the burg fans are brimming with confidence. It’s funny that Madison thought burg was cheating by way of predicting plays or what not but they have no answer as to how Burg put 24 points on them and it should’ve been 31. There was a bad call in the second half by the opposite official. I’ve watched that play again and I don’t see it. That play moved burg to around the 10. I think they were getting into rhythm again.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

14svt wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:22 pm
greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:12 pm With Ironton playing Johnnies to a 15-7 game, think coach Pendleton gave a little southern hospitality to burg and hooked them up with the game film??
Well Hartley coach is friends with Jtown coach
LOL, LOL, that's good but to think that Johnnies have Hartley type players is, well yeah.....

Rbh2384
Waterboy

Post by Rbh2384 »

Hartley-Burg film won’t help JTown. Better ask the Hartley coach to send players instead.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

14svt wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:27 pm
greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:15 pm

We have faced teams like yours this year
Mutible 1000+ rbs
Multiple 2000+ Passes quarterbacks
Shut down
Teams like mine?? which team is that?? Told you wasn't a Burg supporter I cheer on SEO teams and unbiased opinion on the game. You have faced probably 2 teams that fit the criteria you mentioned. You only played 3 teams with a winning record during regular season play, now to the Johnnies credit played a Licking Valley team and won a close one 10-9 and they're in the state semi finals themselves and a good Granville team. Without hard facts and being able to look at a schedule and see where the Johnnies have closed the gap from last year still just not seeing it. If they have great I look forward to a good game, obviously I believe the defense is improved from last year plus beating 3-D2 schools can't be overlooked regardless of their record. My thing is one can look at the schedule and you know which teams on their typically have quality defense and they held the Johnnies in check even in defeat. So this game really is going to come down to how much improved is the Johnnies defense?? Because the 3 toughest teams with arguably the best defense held Johnnies to 10, 14 and 15 points that simply won't cut it against Burg without a defense that just plays above it's head. For Burg though a couple years back they went into a game thinking they had it made against coshocton I believe it was and turned it over 6 times or something like that so no opponent can be overlooked or taken lightly.
Last edited by greygoose on Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The pirate indian
Riding the Bench

Post by The pirate indian »

Anyone know if this one will be televised?

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

I think it’ll be closer but I just don’t see how JM makes it up from last year lol. I just can’t imagine a (VERY) run heavy team being able to match or outmatch burgs offensive production, especially if they’re going up against burgs defense. I just don’t see it. I’ll stick to my 34-14 score. And that’s giving JM the benefit of the doubt and assuming they are good offensively. If they play like last year, I got 34-7 again.

JHS Pride
Freshman Team

Post by JHS Pride »

Burg4 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:10 pm I see Burg winning this one 45-7. To get to this point in the playoffs, Johnstown beat a team who ended with 5 losses and two teams that ended with 4 losses. They almost lost the Ironton (5 loss) game and pulled it out 15-7. None of those 4 and 5 loss teams would come remotely close to Madison. During the regular season, Johnstown played 3 teams with winning records. In the regular season, their defense allowed 38 points to a 7 loss team and 23 points to a 8 loss team.

During the regular season, Burg played 7 teams with winning records (6 of those making the playoffs.) In the playoffs, Burg beat a 10-1 Grandview Team and a 12-0 Madison Team.

I think Burg's speed, strength and experience win this one handily.
Whose 8 loss team we gave 23 points to???? Really, SMH

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

JHS Pride wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:27 pm
Burg4 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:10 pm I see Burg winning this one 45-7. To get to this point in the playoffs, Johnstown beat a team who ended with 5 losses and two teams that ended with 4 losses. They almost lost the Ironton (5 loss) game and pulled it out 15-7. None of those 4 and 5 loss teams would come remotely close to Madison. During the regular season, Johnstown played 3 teams with winning records. In the regular season, their defense allowed 38 points to a 7 loss team and 23 points to a 8 loss team.

During the regular season, Burg played 7 teams with winning records (6 of those making the playoffs.) In the playoffs, Burg beat a 10-1 Grandview Team and a 12-0 Madison Team.

Utica

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

JHS Pride wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:27 pm

Why shake your head? It’s Utica. Remember?

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

You also gave up 38 to a 7 loss team. Game #1.

http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/teams.js ... &year=2018

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
JHS Pride
Freshman Team

Post by JHS Pride »

fbnut wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:52 pm Love the newbies that show up the week they play the burg and talk smack then disappear never to be heard from again after the game
Of course you do have the Madison fans that have hung on a little longer to wine and cry about how the burg cheated. They have become the joke of the entire state
I’ve been posting on here for years, I post on other games as well, so please don’t categorize me.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

I just think the southern competition you play is terrible that’s why they have winning records
Granville did what to Jackson I’ll let you think
Also Licking valley did what to St Clairsville
And That’s why Wheelersburg is good
You came up north and got your butts handed

Return to “Football”