allamericanironman
All Conference

Re: Competition

Post by allamericanironman »

wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:47 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:44 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:36 pm

If that’s the case, then Portsmouth should still be playing. Parker is legit D1
I never said he’s d1 you prove a point does his play in the big game earn him d1 stats? He needs to put on 15 to 25 pounds d1 players to me step it up a notch in the big game does Parker. Tanner blocks like he is 20 lbs heavier. Does Parker block can you see him blocking and carrying a team like dobbins. Tanner Holden can.
Put Parker on burgs team. What do you have? Holden does help but he’s not touching the ball near as much as Parker. In fact he may be behind Matthews with total yards.
I really don’t know enough about Parker to form an opinion. I knew his daddy was an absolute gamer but then again he had several others on that team that were great hands down the kid I blocked was the best kid I went against except for a kid from Miami trace in an all star game he went to Miami of Ohio I think d1. Portsmouth kid went to Michigan state I think.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

allamericanironman wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:54 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:44 pm

I never said he’s d1 you prove a point does his play in the big game earn him d1 stats? He needs to put on 15 to 25 pounds d1 players to me step it up a notch in the big game does Parker. Tanner blocks like he is 20 lbs heavier. Does Parker block can you see him blocking and carrying a team like dobbins. Tanner Holden can.
Put Parker on burgs team. What do you have? Holden does help but he’s not touching the ball near as much as Parker. In fact he may be behind Matthews with total yards.
I really don’t know enough about Parker to form an opinion. I knew his daddy was an absolute gamer but then again he had several others on that team that were great hands down the kid I blocked was the best kid I went against except for a kid from Miami trace in an all star game he went to Miami of Ohio I think d1. Portsmouth kid went to Michigan state I think.
I get what you’re saying. He has an effect on the game that others would necessarily not have, but I can’t say hypothetically burg doesn’t win the championship without him. Holden would have more upside in college football but Parker is a stud in his own right. He basically put Portsmouth in the playoffs. Without him they barely win 5 games if that. I would consider him more of an asset to his team than Holden to Burg.

allamericanironman
All Conference

wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:58 pm

I get what you’re saying. He has an effect on the game that others would necessarily not have, but I can’t say hypothetically burg doesn’t win the championship without him. Holden would have more upside in college football but Parker is a stud in his own right. He basically put Portsmouth in the playoffs. Without him they barely win 5 games if that. I would consider him more of an asset to his team than Holden to Burg.
Yes you can argue Parker made more of a direct impact. Matthews may have better stats and he should because the two best defenders are on Holden every play. Most third downs he is one on one. But his success is a direct result of Tanner Holden.

If you want a hypothetical if Holden was on Jackson’s team does burg win? That should prove my point.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

allamericanironman wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:05 pm

Yes you can argue Parker made more of a direct impact. Matthews may have better stats and he should because the two best defenders are on Holden every play. Most third downs he is one on one. But his success is a direct result of Tanner Holden.

If you want a hypothetical if Holden was on Jackson’s team does burg win? That should prove my point.
Yes they still win.

allamericanironman
All Conference

wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:11 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:05 pm

Yes they still win.
Really 14 direct points and another 14 indirect I don’t know we are both bias someone that doesn’t have a dog in the fight needs to weigh in but I would have to think Jackson wins by at least 7 if not 14. I really think that kid is that special.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

big medicine wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:42 pm Borrowed from another thread here, might give a little indication that a tougher schedule may be somewhat beneficial.

Ohio Top 6 All time leaders in Playoff Winning Percentage

1) Marion Local 74-10 .881
2) Delphos St Johns 54-12 .818
3) Coldwater 73-17 .811
4) St Henry 45-11 .804
5) Cleveland St Ignatius 72-18 .800
6) Versailles 45-12 .790
Meaningless. If St Ignatius joined The TVC, they would still win playoff games.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

efarns wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:46 am
big medicine wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:42 pm Borrowed from another thread here, might give a little indication that a tougher schedule may be somewhat beneficial.

Ohio Top 6 All time leaders in Playoff Winning Percentage

1) Marion Local 74-10 .881
3) Coldwater 73-17 .811
4) St Henry 45-11 .804
6) Versailles 45-12 .790
Meaningless. If St Ignatius joined The TVC, they would still win playoff games.
I disagree. 10-0 wouldn’t get them into the playoffs with a TVC schedule. Lol

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Post by sapientia et veritas »

big medicine wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:42 pm1) Marion Local 74-10 .881
3) Coldwater 73-17 .811
4) St Henry 45-11 .804
6) Versailles 45-12 .790
This list shows why Wheelersburg will continue to succeed regardless of the players on the field from season to season. Good coaching.

What was Marion Local before Goodwin? A basketball school. What was Coldwater before Reed and Otten? Crappy. What has St Henry done since Boeckman retired from coaching? Versailles after Hetrick retired? Who can replace Chuck Kyle at Ignatius? Ironton since Lutz? etc.

Skill players don't win football games. Strength and conditioning win football games. It takes tremendous work to get the community and the kids to buy into the level of preparation necessary to succeed in the post-season, and that requires an inspirational leader at the head of the program.

Wheelersburg will be fine. They'll continue to win. So long as they can hold onto Woodward.

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

sapientia et veritas wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:22 pm
big medicine wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:42 pm1) Marion Local 74-10 .881
3) Coldwater 73-17 .811
4) St Henry 45-11 .804
6) Versailles 45-12 .790
This list shows why Wheelersburg will continue to succeed regardless of the players on the field from season to season. Good coaching.

What was Marion Local before Goodwin? A basketball school. What was Coldwater before Reed and Otten? Crappy. What has St Henry done since Boeckman retired from coaching? Versailles after Hetrick retired? Who can replace Chuck Kyle at Ignatius? Ironton since Lutz? etc.

Skill players don't win football games. Strength and conditioning win football games. It takes tremendous work to get the community and the kids to buy into the level of preparation necessary to succeed in the post-season, and that requires an inspirational leader at the head of the program.

Wheelersburg will be fine. They'll continue to win. So long as they can hold onto Woodward.
I see Versailles on the list but when's the last time they've won a state championship? And they play the best competition in the state every year. So you're right, it's coaching. Glad NY is finally getting some. It's been since Kevin Meade was there that they had top quality coaching so we're glad it's back with Rusty who's one of Kevin's disciples and learned most of what he knows from him. :mrgreen:

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”