Competition

fortdawg
All Conference

Competition

Post by fortdawg »

Trimble defeating Lucas should lay to rest the lie that the TVC Hocking doesn't prepare you for the playoffs.
People were making a fuss on how Lucas's schedule had them in a more favorable position----that turned out to be untrue.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Competition

Post by Ironman92 »

fortdawg wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:46 am Trimble defeating Lucas should lay to rest the lie that the TVC Hocking doesn't prepare you for the playoffs.
People were making a fuss on how Lucas's schedule had them in a more favorable position----that turned out to be untrue.
Sometimes the players matter

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

very proud of trimble, fort frye and the burg.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

In my opinion great relentless defense wins 80% of the time. Great players win 90% of time (joe burrow) Better competition might get you to 70%. Recruiting might get you to 80%

What I’m trying to get to is 2 or 3 d1 athletes will propel you to a championship before and above anything else. I’d take jimmies and joes over anything else everyday of the week and twice on sundays.

For example if Holden and 3 o linemen and rightdend and left d tackle. Were moved to Jackson. Boom 💥 instant domination I’d bet the farm on it.

You can not replace a regan Williams tanner Holden joe burrow.

Jackson holds the future keys to a championship and it will definitely come from Jimmy’s and joes over x and o.

I will go out on a limb and say tanner Holden will win back to back championships for burg. He alone is the 🔑.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

allamericanironman wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:56 am In my opinion great relentless defense wins 80% of the time. Great players win 90% of time (joe burrow) Better competition might get you to 70%. Recruiting might get you to 80%

What I’m trying to get to is 2 or 3 d1 athletes will propel you to a championship before and above anything else. I’d take jimmies and joes over anything else everyday of the week and twice on sundays.

For example if Holden and 3 o linemen and rightdend and left d tackle. Were moved to Jackson. Boom 💥 instant domination I’d bet the farm on it.

Jackson holds the future keys to a championship and it will definitely come from Jimmy’s and joes over x and o.

I will go out on a limb and say tanner Holden will win back to back championships for burg. He alone is the 🔑.
Dang!! Tanner if you’re reading this, you’ve made it! You have a groupie!!

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

fortdawg wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:46 am Trimble defeating Lucas should lay to rest the lie that the TVC Hocking doesn't prepare you for the playoffs.
Adjustments at half, great skill players, a very physical line and a coach who will be a Hall of Fame candidate is how Trimble won all three of their playoff games thusfar. Playing Nelsonville-York and CHCA, two firebrands that have great playoff histories of recent, helped prepare for playoffs.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

when the parents are involved it helps alot it's like having a coach with you all the time makes a huge difference intween good players and great players

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Fort Frye gets that criticism all the time, too. Strength of schedule gets overblown. Yes, you need competition, but scheduling does not make anybody grow bigger or run faster.

FortheWin
Riding the Bench

Post by FortheWin »

efarns wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:53 pm Fort Frye gets that criticism all the time, too. Strength of schedule gets overblown. Yes, you need competition, but scheduling does not make anybody grow bigger or run faster.
It could be argued that better competition makes you work harder though.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

if better competition makes you better fed hock should be state champs

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

FortheWin wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:53 pm Fort Frye gets that criticism all the time, too. Strength of schedule gets overblown. Yes, you need competition, but scheduling does not make anybody grow bigger or run faster.
It could be argued that better competition makes you work harder though.
[/quote]

Some competition does make you better. But Alabama plays a few cream puffs on their way to a national title. "Schedule tougher games" is usually code for "I am jealous of your team's success and want you to lose so I can feel better about me."

big medicine
Waterboy

Post by big medicine »

Borrowed from another thread here, might give a little indication that a tougher schedule may be somewhat beneficial.

Ohio Top 6 All time leaders in Playoff Winning Percentage

1) Marion Local 74-10 .881
2) Delphos St Johns 54-12 .818
3) Coldwater 73-17 .811
4) St Henry 45-11 .804
5) Cleveland St Ignatius 72-18 .800
6) Versailles 45-12 .790

allamericanironman
All Conference

BurgGrad6 wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:45 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:56 am In my opinion great relentless defense wins 80% of the time. Great players win 90% of time (joe burrow) Better competition might get you to 70%. Recruiting might get you to 80%

He scored 14 against us and held back a receiver on what would have been a touchdown pass. He was who beat us and he has already got you one title. He made you 21 points better than us. I like how you all try to play him down like you will be the same without him that is too cute. I will also give him credit for another 7 points when he was used as a decoy that’s 28 points better.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

allamericanironman wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:42 pm

He scored 14 against us and held back a receiver on what would have been a touchdown pass. He was who beat us and he has already got you one title. He made you 21 points better than us. I like how you all try to play him down like you will be the same without him that is too cute. I will also give him credit for another 7 points when he was used as a decoy that’s 28 points better.
I just love how you put a high school kid on a pedastool! He’s a great athlete yeas I agree... however, he’s not leaps and bounds ahead of everyone on burg team. Matthews is a phenomenal athlete! Salyers is great. Dahm! The list goes on! And when one graduates another takes their place! We overcome and adapt! Burg would be 12-1 without tanner.. someone else would step! Keep telling yourself that burg is going to drop off in talent after this year.. you’re wrong! Those younger kids practice against the best team in d5 everyday! Do you think the dont get any better?? Come on!! Burg is going to be a playoff contender for the foreseen future! They have a ton of talent coming up!

allamericanironman
All Conference

BurgGrad6 wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:39 pm
I just love how you put a high school kid on a pedastool! He’s a great athlete yeas I agree... however, he’s not leaps and bounds ahead of everyone on burg team. Matthews is a phenomenal athlete! Salyers is great. Dahm! The list goes on! And when one graduates another takes their place! We overcome and adapt! Burg would be 12-1 without tanner.. someone else would step! Keep telling yourself that burg is going to drop off in talent after this year.. you’re wrong! Those younger kids practice against the best team in d5 everyday! Do you think the dont get any better?? Come on!! Burg is going to be a playoff contender for the foreseen future! They have a ton of talent coming up!
He is the reason you are state champs. Yes you will continue to beat up on d5 teams as you should. You are kidding yourself without him don’t know if you beat a mediocre Jackson team. Did you even watch the game. He was the difference last week too and who cought the big pass in “the game”? Tanner Holden. Burg 12-1 without him bud you are dreaming.

I don’t blame you I wouldn’t admit it either.

That’s the point of this whole thread I say competition doesn’t matter and you are going to say burg is winning cause of the system and competition. It’s like I’m giving you the finger with both hands when I say tanner Holden is the reason you will have back to back championships. I hope you prove me wrong and win 3 in a row but unfortunately I think I’m right and you are wrong.
Last edited by allamericanironman on Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Jackson won't win a title

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
allamericanironman
All Conference

packers80 wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:13 pm Jackson won't win a title
We will beat burg. And we will reign kings of the seop and will have our best shot at a title and it will all be possible by talent. Title of kings of the south works for me cause Catholics don’t count.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

allamericanironman wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:54 pm

He is the reason you are state champs. Yes you will continue to beat up on d5 teams as you should. You are kidding yourself without him don’t know if you beat a mediocre Jackson team. Did you even watch the game. He was the difference last week too and who cought the big pass in “the game”? Tanner Holden. Burg 12-1 without him bud you are dreaming.

That’s the point of this whole thread I say competition doesn’t matter and you are going to say burg is winning cause of the system and competition. It’s like I’m giving you the finger with both hands when I say tanner Holden is the reason you will have back to back championships. I hope you prove me wrong and win 3 in a row but unfortunately I think I’m right and you are wrong.
If that’s the case, then Portsmouth should still be playing. Parker is legit D1

allamericanironman
All Conference

wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:36 pm

I never said he’s d1 you prove a point does his play in the big game earn him d1 stats? He needs to put on 15 to 25 pounds d1 players to me step it up a notch in the big game does Parker. Tanner blocks like he is 20 lbs heavier. Does Parker block can you see him blocking and carrying a team like dobbins. Tanner Holden can. If you wanna run the rock in college you better lean to block first or you will never see the field.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

allamericanironman wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:44 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:36 pm

I never said he’s d1 you prove a point does his play in the big game earn him d1 stats? He needs to put on 15 to 25 pounds d1 players to me step it up a notch in the big game does Parker. Tanner blocks like he is 20 lbs heavier. Does Parker block can you see him blocking and carrying a team like dobbins. Tanner Holden can.
Put Parker on burgs team. What do you have? Holden does help but he’s not touching the ball near as much as Parker. In fact he may be behind Matthews with total yards.

Return to “Football”