What in tarnation?

bleed_blue
Varsity

Re: What in tarnation?

Post by bleed_blue »

Big Bob wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:56 am I think some people might be reading the articles thru their orange colored glasses. In both articles, the superintendent says that the videos they requested had been edited, so that the sequence in question was not on the video. Thus, they had no proof. If this is the case, Wheelersberg might have gotten away with something. Also, I would question why a videographer with a Wheelersberg pass would be filming the entire game from the Madison sideline. You can't expect me to believe that if the roles were reversed no one fromScioto County would say anything. :lol:
He didn’t film the entire game from the Madison sideline. I believe he was over for maybe the last drive.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

bleed_blue wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:22 am
Big Bob wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:56 am I think some people might be reading the articles thru their orange colored glasses. In both articles, the superintendent says that the videos they requested had been edited, so that the sequence in question was not on the video. Thus, they had no proof. If this is the case, Wheelersberg might have gotten away with something. Also, I would question why a videographer with a Wheelersberg pass would be filming the entire game from the Madison sideline. You can't expect me to believe that if the roles were reversed no one fromScioto County would say anything. :lol:
He didn’t film the entire game from the Madison sideline. I believe he was over for maybe the last drive.
Or people maybe are a little influenced by there anti burg bias
It’s my understanding he was in the end zone on Madison’s sideline
He wasn’t close to the team or coaches
It was also stated the videos were not edited so it comes down to who you choose to believe

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Post by sapientia et veritas »

fbnut wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:59 amIt’s my understanding he was in the end zone on Madison’s sideline
Excuse me sir, but you're going to have to drop trou because I can see clearly that you're either really excited about the Wheelersburg win or else you have a parabolic microphone in your britches.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

fbnut wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:59 am
It was also stated the videos were not edited so it comes down to who you choose to believe
Like I stated in another thread. Madison said the film he sent didn’t have what they were looking for so they said they were edited. How many people doing highlight films turn their camera on from the time they start filming film everything they see and turn it off when the game is over? I would think they film the play stop after the play is over and wait for the next play thus making it seem like the film had been edited?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

:shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :? :? :?
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:04 am wow that is crazy.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

In my opinion it all boils down to what happens when kids are told they are “oh honey you are so special!” or “such a special group”. Then when reality smacks them in the face...oh well a group as special as they are couldn’t have actually lost so it has to be something else...as well as hanging your hat, your self worth, and whatever else in your life on one specific thing. I’m liking that phrase I’ve seen on this site more and more “ordinary kids, doing extraordinary things”

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Wheelersberg is in Soda Co.

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

522Pirate wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:01 pm In my opinion it all boils down to what happens when kids are told they are “oh honey you are so special!” or “such a special group”. Then when reality smacks them in the face...oh well a group as special as they are couldn’t have actually lost so it has to be something else...as well as hanging your hat, your self worth, and whatever else in your life on one specific thing. I’m liking that phrase I’ve seen on this site more and more “ordinary kids, doing extraordinary things”
Well they had 1st and goal at the 4 yd line and couldn't score with 3 attempts, so they couldn't have been that special. :D

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Otto wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:39 pm
522Pirate wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:01 pm In my opinion it all boils down to what happens when kids are told they are “oh honey you are so special!” or “such a special group”. Then when reality smacks them in the face...oh well a group as special as they are couldn’t have actually lost so it has to be something else...as well as hanging your hat, your self worth, and whatever else in your life on one specific thing. I’m liking that phrase I’ve seen on this site more and more “ordinary kids, doing extraordinary things”
Well they had 1st and goal at the 4 yd line and couldn't score with 3 attempts, so they couldn't have been that special. :D
2 of those attempts were without Wheelersburg’s so called spy being on their sideline.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Who cares, this is a pointless topic. OHSAA didn't pursue anything and Madison didn't even have any evidence, nothing more than a team grasping at straws. Score was 24-6 at half, and if not for penalties would've been much worse. This was because of the teams on the field not because of someone doing whatever it was on the sidelines. Time to close up shop on this one, Madison's time in the spotlight is o..v..e..r they're getting ready for their next sport.

Hylander
JV Team

Post by Hylander »

Where there's smoke, there's usually a sore loser lighting a match.

That's how it goes, right?

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

wobycat wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:49 am Who cares if he was beside their head coach? The man didn’t do anything wrong. He’s had to practically shut his Facebook down.
If he was inside the 25 yardline he did something wrong...he crossed the media line. Why did he run to the other side supposedly when another reported went to tell? If he was filming Wheelersburg why did he need to be in the Madison side? He may have done nothing wrong we ll never know but just doesn't look good...

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

It's over, Madison is playing basketball, no one on here can give any answers to what did or did not happen.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

55buckeyes98 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:03 pm
wobycat wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:49 am Who cares if he was beside their head coach? The man didn’t do anything wrong. He’s had to practically shut his Facebook down.
If he was inside the 25 yardline he did something wrong...he crossed the media line. Why did he run to the other side supposedly when another reported went to tell? If he was filming Wheelersburg why did he need to be in the Madison side? He may have done nothing wrong we ll never know but just doesn't look good...
Is this true? Show proof of it don’t just say it get the proof and put it up or shut up!

Someone had to film this post the video or shut your mouth!

We deal in facts my friend.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

allamericanironman wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:31 pm
55buckeyes98 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:03 pm
Is this true? Show proof of it don’t just say it get the proof and put it up or shut up!

Someone had to film this post the video or shut your mouth!

We deal in facts my friend.
Do you have the proof that this did not happen? No one can say for sure one way or another. I have an opinion not of guilt or innocence, but of circumstance. All I can say whether it's jealousy or sore losers there is always a lot of "rumors" around the program that are maybe not proven but not disproved either! I won't say exactly what those rumors are because I don't have facts from where I sit, but where there is smoke there is fire and the win at all costs mentality will only last for so long.

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

bleed_blue wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:17 pm
fbnut wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:59 am

Like I stated in another thread. Madison said the film he sent didn’t have what they were looking for so they said they were edited. How many people doing highlight films turn their camera on from the time they start filming film everything they see and turn it off when the game is over? I would think they film the play stop after the play is over and wait for the next play thus making it seem like the film had been edited?
Very true someone who makes highlight videos only wants to film the action so when nothing is going on like time outs end of quarter or whatever the stoppage of play might be he would stop video why would he want to waste film when play is dead makes sense to me! When Madison cools off and realizes that they just got beat by the better team then and only then will they realize how foolish their accusations were!

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

They didn’t have anything that would help them win the lawsuit lmao

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Was the Madison coach yelling out his plays? I find that hard to believe and if Derrick was standing right next to him how did someone not notice him earlier??

MM couldn’t find anything on the videos because there was NOTHING THERE TO SEE!!!!!

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

Many of you who think that just because there was "no proof" so it was dropped aren't getting the fact that people proclaim that it did in fact happen. Think of it as someone got off on a technicality,that wasn't to say they weren't guilty.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

What bothers me about all of this, wasn’t he supposedly just over there the last few minutes of the game? What about how Burg completely shut there running game down from what they normally get and held them to 6 offensive points? How did the Burg manage to do all of that without the help of someone on the field? Maybe Burg has a helluva coaching staff that dissected every aspect of Madison’s offense came up with a scheme that totally dominated them. Burg’s defense was clearly faster than that huge offensive line and they hadn’t faced that all year.

They had no answer for Holden and Mathews and once Burg got them two going North and South instead of East and West they started moving the ball. They had there QB covering Holden and it was obvious that he could not cover Holden, evident on the give and go play in the 2nd qtr and the only defense he had was to shove Tanner. Sure they threw the flag for PI and it saved a TD and For some reason Burg never went back to that play.

Return to “Football”