Closer than I thought it would be

Hoban 42
Massillon 28
Final

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: D2 State Title Game - Oh brother, no... Washington vs Hoban

Post by FANOSPORTS »

I went to all state finals games for about 20 straight years but I will always love the homegrown teams that win it (smaller divisions) . There is NO way any legitimate high school team would win 3, 4 or 5 straight titles in a row with no inside / outside corruption. OHSAA can turn their heads if they want to and act like nothing is wrong but we all know better.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

You can't compare Massillon's recruitment of players with any team from SE Ohio. Schools with lots of success that draw athletes who want to move in and be part of that success is far different from boosters actively seeking players. And Hoban is at a whole other level of cheating the system. The best thing that could happen is (1) Hoban win (it happened) and (2) for OHSAA to find a violation and take the title away down the road.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:30 pm Closer than I thought it would be

Hoban 42
Massillon 28
Final
Man, considering what the game was at half, hats off to Massillon for fighting back in this one.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

teach1coach2 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:01 pm You can't compare Massillon's recruitment of players with any team from SE Ohio. Schools with lots of success that draw athletes who want to move in and be part of that success is far different from boosters actively seeking players. And Hoban is at a whole other level of cheating the system. The best thing that could happen is (1) Hoban win (it happened) and (2) for OHSAA to find a violation and take the title away down the road.
+1 lol

Railroadn
JV Team

Post by Railroadn »

I think it's wrong to have the state championship games in canton and for that reason alone i root against any team from the Canton/Massillon area. I think the only fair way to do it is to have the championships at a different college facility in a different location in the state every year. I could even see rotating between Browns and Bengals stadiums every year. Having it in Canton every year is absolutely ridiculous.

GAHS7481
Waterboy

Post by GAHS7481 »

79Tiger wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:30 pm Love it. Take your paper titles home and try again next year Massilon. Maybe you will win one on the field before the playoffs become half a century old. And if cheating were truly going on, wouldn't you think OHSAA would be all over it?
Nope because of the Money

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:13 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:11 pm
Superman wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:10 pm

Both teams are cheaters.
Yep, both teams cheat the system
You don’t understand the level of cheating Hoban is on. Massillon cheats like Jackson and Wheelersburg. Just their area
Do you ever think before you open your mouth or tap on a keyboard?

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: D2 State Title Game - Oh brother, no...

Post by greygoose »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:06 pm This will sell out
So how many were at this game?? With teams so close this should've been one of the biggest crowds.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Never mind I found it in the recap, little over 16,000

allamericanironman
All Conference

Re: D2 State Title Game - Oh brother, no...

Post by allamericanironman »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:10 am
bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:44 am Why the hate for Washington? What am I missing? Shouldn't the hate be more towards Hoban?
I think most people would largely agree that their disdain is less-so rooted against the school itself, but the community and it’s generally noxious fanbase (including its message board following.) Although, at the same time, I think the Nate Moore and Thayer Munford situation (interesting that each of them both decided to move to Massillon from Cincinnati at the same time) has galvanized a lot of the general disdain, too.

My own personal animus relates to the paper titles chest-thumping and how Massillon fans decide to be the arbiter of what poll champions are legitimate and which ones are not.

(FWIW, as a Catholic school fan, I think what Hoban has accomplished is tainted, I think their means of getting where they were at today has been despicable, and I want to see them piledrived out of OHSAA postseason play for a good long time.)
I say piledrive the whole lot of them out! It’s sad that we all have to follow suit to compete with the filth.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:20 pm Never mind I found it in the recap, little over 16,000
You know I never really thought how rich the OHSAA has to be no wonder they will never kick the Catholics out. The bottom line is the bottom line.Too much money involved to change anything. It’s thegood ole boy system you think they care about anything but money?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

allamericanironman wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:38 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:20 pm Never mind I found it in the recap, little over 16,000
You know I never really thought how rich the OHSAA has to be no wonder they will never kick the Catholics out. The bottom line is the bottom line.Too much money involved to change anything. It’s thegood ole boy system you think they care about anything but money?
Oh of course it comes down to money and how they can't get enough of it. I mean Beau Rugg couldn't even answer the reason why they don't keep the games centralized, kept saying there's a comity. I even posed the question why it isn't rotated around, Cincy, Columbus, Canton and he couldn't even answer that. For a guy who's so high up within the OHSAA he sure didn't have any answers or at least none that he would admit to anyways.

This was the best answer I could get::
There are many factors. Financial, availability of site, hotels, staff and a million more. The geographic center of the state is not their biggest concern. You would have to ask them why.

When I asked who them is he said, our board gives final approval.

Funny to think a DII championship game almost doubled the size of the DI championship game.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

After watching this one, I have to say Washing impressed me.

Return to “Football”