Makya Matthews

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Makya Matthews

Post by wobycat »

bfry wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:22 am
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:52 pm
Basketballfan40 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:42 am Makya Matthews is the dollar store version of the Sophomore, Maquael Parks, from Orville that torched the Johnnies in the state finals. Parks made them look silly. :lol:
Parks made a lot of teams look silly this season. Matthews is a talent that will stand out again next year. No need to tear him down though.
Unfortunately, that's the way of the world now. Heaven forbid we cheer and encourage an outstanding kid on and off the field instead of making snide comments. I'm pretty sure he'll be just fine.
Parks kid from the film I saw is really shifty. He’s a rare talent.

Matthews is really good in himself. He’s more powerful Than the two in my opinion.

bfry
JV Team

Post by bfry »

I think a lot of folks in this area are trying to belittle because Mak has been hard on their team.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Nothin dollar store about matthews

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
langra
Riding the Bench

Post by langra »

This dollar store kid made every team in southern Ohio look like fools this year. I guess the have no respect for the own program calling him this!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Basketballfan40 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:42 am Makya Matthews is the dollar store version of the Sophomore, Maquael Parks, from Orville that torched the Johnnies in the state finals. Parks made them look silly. :lol:
Don't understand the point of comparing Mathews to a player 3 hours away, let alone trashing Mathews while doing it. Mathews is one of the most athletic players I've ever seen in southeastern Ohio, and by all accounts, he's a great person and student. But keep on knocking a 17 year-old kid if it makes you feel better about your own deal.*

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Wasn't the stud RB from Eastwood also a Sophomore last year and I don't even think they made the playoffs this year.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:02 pm Wasn't the stud RB from Eastwood also a Sophomore last year and I don't even think they made the playoffs this year.
U beat me too it

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Now what dollar store are we talking? Because if he’s Dollar Tree then he’s darn good because that place is saweeeeet!

Holtman
Waterboy

Post by Holtman »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:55 am Now what insulated hunting boots are we talking? Because if he’s Dollar Tree then he’s darn good because that place is saweeeeet!
It's a bit harsh calling Matthew a Dollar Store kid. But if he is, I'd love to see an army of kids like him at where ever you're from. haha
Last edited by Holtman on Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

I guess dollar store means 1st team all state receiver, 1st team all district multi purpose, 1st team all conference, conference defensive player of the year, team defensive back of the year and team MVP. If that's dollar store I'll shop there year round. Only thing he didn't accomplish was all American status.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

What colleges are looking at Makya? Any offers? The kid is a player for sure!

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Interest from a host of small schools, interest from d2 powerhouse Ferris state, then d1 interest old dominion, Toledo and Ohio u. Northwestern also contacted the school guidance office but has had no contact with him personally.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

He's set to take the a.c.t in February, which should help his recruiting significantly.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

Is he being recruited as a slot receiver or running back?

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Slot and defensive back

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Holtman wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:15 am
BuckeyeBlood wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:55 am Now what insulated hunting boots are we talking? Because if he’s Dollar Tree then he’s darn good because that place is saweeeeet!
It's a bit harsh calling Matthew a Dollar Store kid. But if he is, I'd love to see an army of kids like him at where ever you're from. haha
Hey idiot, we can see when you edit your post lmao. 1. Not sure why you went and edited a post from 5 years ago. 2. You’re really dumb, I defended the kid.

Also why did my comment get changed to insulated hunting boots? Wtf lol

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:43 am
Hey idiot, we can see when you edit your post lmao. 1. Not sure why you went and edited a post from 5 years ago. 2. You’re really dumb, I defended the kid.

Hope NO one is changing post by quotes. I will have to look this one up.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

noreply66 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:52 am
BuckeyeBlood wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:43 am

Hope NO one is changing post by quotes. I will have to look this one up.
Seems like maybe that’s the case. Not sure if the account was hacked out what. Kind of weird to edit your post almost 6 years later, and I know I didn’t say anything about insulated boots. Lol

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Looks like the person changed his own wording from dollar tree to a Rock Boot advertisement. If that is spam I'll leave that to someone else to decide.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “Football”