State Championship Trimble vs. McComb

Post by Happy McGavin »

1 more to go. Let's go Cats

Its all in the hips
Superman
JV Team

Re: D7 State Final: Trimble McComb

Post by Superman »

McComb is good but not nearly as good as that 2013 MSML team. That's the good news.

The bad news is they beat down some really good teams in the playoffs. This is a bad matchup for the Tomcats but I think they can win.

TomcatFaithful
Riding the Bench

Post by TomcatFaithful »

Troll or not,
We appreciate your genuine "class" but our boys will be glad to smack you guys in the mouth to bring you back to reality. They have been doubted most of the year, so you're going to just be another statistic.
Last edited by TomcatFaithful on Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Congrats to Tomcats, one more and you can lay claim regardless of size of the BEST program in all Southern Ohio. CATS, Congrats to the fans, Coachs, players, all staff, and the school system for putting out quality young people.

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: State Championship Trimble vs. McComb

Post by Dundas »

Calpreps

34-14 McComb

Fantastic50

McComb by 15

Let’s go Tomcats, prove the doubters wrong and bring another Title back to the TVC!
Last edited by Dundas on Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

Dundas wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:42 pm Calpreps

34-14 McComb

Fantastic50

McComb by 15

Let’s got Tomcats, prove the doubters wrong and bring another Title back to the TVC!
We've covered every spread so far, was only a 2 point favorites last night and won by 4 touchdowns. Our kids are extremely well conditioned, strong, and believe

Its all in the hips
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

First off, congrats to Trimble. Hell of an accomplishment.

Secondly, go out and earn the hardware.

Good luck from SOC country!

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

34-14 McComb

Fantastic50

McComb by 15

Let’s go Tomcats, prove the doubters wrong and bring another Title back to the TVC!

Do you people realize that Calpreps and Drew Pasture are simply mathematical algorithms based on the data of scores from a large sample size. No actual person is “predicting anything”. When common opponents are involved the algorithms are pretty accurate 85-90% by end of the season (larger sample size), but when there ar no common opponents then it’s all just a roll of the mathematical dice.

So those of you saying “prove the experts wrong?” This is not Lee Coroso or some dad talking poop to fire up his son, simply misguided.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

I hate it when dads talk poop

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:53 pm

34-14 McComb

Fantastic50

McComb by 15

Do you people realize that Calpreps and Drew Pasture are simply mathematical algorithms based on the data of scores from a large sample size. No actual person is “predicting anything”. When common opponents are involved the algorithms are pretty accurate 85-90% by end of the season (larger sample size), but when there ar no common opponents then it’s all just a roll of the mathematical dice.

So those of you saying “prove the experts wrong?” This is not Lee Coroso or some dad talking poop to fire up his son, simply misguided.
Yes I am aware of what those sites are and how they operate. They both predict a McComb victory. I’m not sure what your beef is with that?? Lol maybe I can only say that about humans and not websites? 🤦‍♂️

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

I’ll say trimble by 3,

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I’m going to try and feature Trimble and McComb on the Playoff News and Notes Thread.

If there’s anything you would like researched and posted then simply let me know. I will do my best to follow up and feature your request as soon as possible.

You can DM me or ask in the News and Notes thread.

Big week! All the best!
Last edited by LucasDavenport on Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:41 pm I’m going to try and feature Trimble and McComb on the Playoff News and Notes Threads.

If there’s anything you would like researched and posted then simply let me know. I will do my best to follow up and feature your request as soon as possible.

Big week! All the best!
Whatever you do, please pick against the Cats again

Its all in the hips
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Happy McGavin wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:45 pm
LucasDavenport wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:41 pm I’m going to try and feature Trimble and McComb on the Playoff News and Notes Threads.

Big week! All the best!
Whatever you do, please pick against the Cats again
Duly Noted! I have been very good on Fridays and next to impossibly awful on Saturdays.

I resemble that remark!!

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

TomcatFaithful wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:14 pm Troll or not,
We appreciate your genuine "class" but our boys will be glad to smack you guys in the mouth to bring you back to reality. They have been doubted most of the year, so you're going to just be another statistic.
He’s not a troll. He’s got some Trimble to him

RaiderCat
Waterboy

Post by RaiderCat »

I've seen McComb play against Pandora, And from what I seen I think McComb is the same size but not as fast as Cuyahoga Heights team, I don't see McComb stopping Trimbles run game, McCombs QB is pretty accurate passing the ball, They also use their 300 lb lineman sometimes as a FB, Trimbles defense is quick off the ball and has disrupted back fields all yr long, I'm taking Trimble in this one by 14

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

1more to go Cats, Trimble by 3 plus

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Reach Higher Tomcats!

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

RaiderCat wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:49 pm I've seen McComb play against Pandora, And from what I seen I think McComb is the same size but not as fast as Cuyahoga Heights team, I don't see McComb stopping Trimbles run game, McCombs QB is pretty accurate passing the ball, They also use their 300 lb lineman sometimes as a FB, Trimbles defense is quick off the ball and has disrupted back fields all yr long, I'm taking Trimble in this one by 14
McComb did really well on run defense vs Edgerton. That doesn’t mean Trimble can’t run the ball to victory on Saturday - just something to consider.

I watched McComb live in 2015. They’re almost a mirror image of Trimble, except that McComb will spread the ball out and throw a bunch of different looks. Not unlike Cuyahoga Heights last week, McComb and Trimble both have awesome traditions, legendary head coaches, sustained playoff success, great fundamentals, size, tenacity and all-in-all defensively sound teams.

If Trimble can go into half with a tied game or the lead, I think they got this one. Tomcats have outscored their playoff opponents 83-21 thusfar in the second half.

barnstormer
Waterboy

Post by barnstormer »

Hello all. I'm a 1955 graduate of McComb, now in Indianapolis, Indiana The coaching staff and the players acknowledge that the Pandora-Gilboa loss was a huge wake-up call. They have been motivated and on a roll ever since. Not all the shut-outs that Trimble has, but they beat some really good teams. In the regionals, higher ranked Patrick Henry (Hamler Ohio) had home field advantage for the first round and got firmly defeated. We beat Leipsic for the second time this year, then defeated a higher ranked Edgerton for the regional championship. The Fort Loramie semifinal game was well played. As with all of these teams the coaches work very hard to prepare. 10:00 Saturday morning will be a grand experience for both teams. We all know that high school football is HUGE in small towns in Ohio. Congratulations to both teams. Here's hoping for a well played competitive game. Of course I have to think McComb will prevail, but like they say, that's why they play 'em.

Return to “Football”