Jackson Stadium

mattash
Site Admin

Jackson Stadium

Post by mattash »

Man what a great atmosphere they provided Saturday night. That place was rocking.. How much did that stadium cost? What kind of draw do they have at there home games?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Re: Jackson Stadium

Post by Vito Corleone »

They should have gave Burg the home bleachers though!

Making offers you can't refuse
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

They did a great job.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

mattash wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:52 pm Man what a great atmosphere they provided Saturday night. That place was rocking.. How much did that stadium cost? What kind of draw do they have at there home games?
Was a great atmosphere for HS football. Both teams well represented and what a band from Johnstown. The band rocked the house and the team followed their lead. Thanks to OHSAA for selecting Jackson.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Why would Wheelersburg think they should get home side! Just wondering, Doesnt matter on crowd size, OHSAA had a set of rules to go by to determine home side. In my eyes shouldnt matter if they brought 1 or 10,000, rules to go by ,by the governing board. Also didnt they drive 1 and 45 minutes to Jackson and Wheelersburg 45min, then in that thinking game should been played closer to Johnstown, cant have everything is my thinking but who really cares, LOL Must be alot people griping on this also. I know Trimble is humble to go anywhere, sit anywhere, we are playing in the FINALS.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Prime Time wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:43 pm Why would Wheelersburg think they should get home side! Just wondering, Doesnt matter on crowd size, OHSAA had a set of rules to go by to determine home side. In my eyes shouldnt matter if they brought 1 or 10,000, rules to go by ,by the governing board. Also didnt they drive 1 and 45 minutes to Jackson and Wheelersburg 45min, then in that thinking game should been played closer to Johnstown, cant have everything is my thinking but who really cares, LOL Must be alot people griping on this also. I know Trimble is humble to go anywhere, sit anywhere, we are playing in the FINALS.

You want a cookie?

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Alumni Stadium is second to none around this area.

However....

Valley Parking >> Jackson Parking

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:22 pm Alumni Stadium is second to none around this area.

However....

Valley Parking >> Jackson Parking

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
That’s because of location. I do like valley stadium though.

Burg, Jackson, Portsmouth and valley all have their perks.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

1. Jackson
2. Valley
3??? lol for me Symmes Valley cause I get to stand in the endzone.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Ticket sales does matter.
Columbus Eastmoor was told as they enter ed Fulton Field that they were being moved to the away side, because Sheridan had sold more tickets.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Great place. I had no problem with the parking at all. The only problem I had was hearing the announcer. It could of just been me though. Getting harder to hear the older I get. Still a awesome place though.
I will have to say Johnstown band was pretty awesome.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Lol, No I don’t want a cookie!Sounds like you need a cookie with a glass of milk thou!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Vito Corleone wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:16 pm They should have gave Burg the home bleachers though!
Burg fans could have showed up at the start of the 4th quarter and not only had plenty of seating on the Burg side but also got in free.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

But yeah, Jacksons field is the real deal.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

mattash wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:52 pm Man what a great atmosphere they provided Saturday night. That place was rocking.. How much did that stadium cost? What kind of draw do they have at there home games?
In 2004 the construction cost was right around $4.3M, they had a great committee led primarily by the Sideliners support group and some key administrators that went out and secured some large private donations from Holzer and Oak Hill Banks (WesBanco), etc., that was also followed up by a number of individuals, alumni, etc that contributed a substantial amount of money as well. The community has always stepped up to support the school district in any number of ways really no matter what the sport or extracurricular activity.

The turf was replaced a season ago and the Jumbotron was added as well at that time, there was no Jumbotron in the original construction just a "typical" scoreboard directly behind the North goalposts.

Draw at home games depends. Wellston and Burg travel the best for non-conference. When Logan was in the SEOAL with us they traveled well. The FAC teams seem to travel ok also. Saturday night was as full as I have seen it probably since when Burg played NY in a Week 12 (??) game a few years ago, it also was pretty full when we hosted Logan Elm in 2014 as I recall in Week 11.

Great community.

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

The smell of all the smokers going at once around the stadium was awesome. Good food everywhere. Great place for playoffs.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I was impressed of how it held the crowd. I came up at halftime and had never ever seen cars parked on both sides of the entrance of the drive to the field house...those folks caused a lot of trouble for those leaving in the early 4th quarter. Cars trying to go both ways and only room for one car. Zero chance they were directed to park there and those 12-15 cars clustered up the exit badly for nearly 15 minutes.

Jackson parking is WAAAAY better than many let on but it’s hairy for a packed 7,000 in attendance (estimate).....but al season long it is not a problem at all IMO

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Everyone got out of there so it worked. Lol. I was more impressed with the atmosphere. Two teams with great fans going at it and they added some pump up music. The Johnstown band was a bonus.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

wobycat wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:24 pm Everyone got out of there so it worked. Lol. I was more impressed with the atmosphere. Two teams with great fans going at it and they added some pump up music. The Johnstown band was a bonus.
Excellent atmosphere....slight fog over stadium helped close it in a bit IMO. JTown band was solid

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:18 pm I was impressed of how it held the crowd. I came up at halftime and had never ever seen cars parked on both sides of the entrance of the drive to the field house...those folks caused a lot of trouble for those leaving in the early 4th quarter. Cars trying to go both ways and only room for one car. Zero chance they were directed to park there and those 12-15 cars clustered up the exit badly for nearly 15 minutes.

Jackson parking is WAAAAY better than many let on but it’s hairy for a packed 7,000 in attendance (estimate).....but al season long it is not a problem at all IMO
Well the other thiing Jackson wasn't using was the field next to the stadium. Guessing that was because of the rain they didn't want to park cars inside of it like they typically do. Love the Jackson field most I've seen there and there was still plenty of seating on the home side.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:53 pm
Prime Time wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:43 pm Why would Wheelersburg think they should get home side! Just wondering, Doesnt matter on crowd size, OHSAA had a set of rules to go by to determine home side. In my eyes shouldnt matter if they brought 1 or 10,000, rules to go by ,by the governing board. Also didnt they drive 1 and 45 minutes to Jackson and Wheelersburg 45min, then in that thinking game should been played closer to Johnstown, cant have everything is my thinking but who really cares, LOL Must be alot people griping on this also. I know Trimble is humble to go anywhere, sit anywhere, we are playing in the FINALS.

You want a cookie?
You want to avg more than 1 ypc, what a show that was, real juggernaut.

Return to “Football”