Jackson Stadium

rxburgfan
All State

Re: Jackson Stadium

Post by rxburgfan »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:42 pm
Whynotus18 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:34 pm heard the stadium was being condemned is this true i hope so they need a new stadium.
A plan is being looked into. A $9.4 million dollar design is in the works. It will seat 11,750 and also include the adjacent land that is going to have a 3 story parking garage that will hold around 600 cars/trucks
Now that’s a building program. Hope it happens.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

The field across the road from the stadium is really the main parking area and it was closed due to wet and soft grass . Just bad timing . I came up the 139 side and was parked by a Jackson employee waving me around with an umbrella . That was about 30 mins prior . So I did witness a Jackson employee parking cars

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Burg travels the best gallia and wellston would pack the visitors stands. I haven’t heard attendance but I would say it was one of the biggest ever. I also remembered we played Ironton beat them by a field goal I think. That place was packed that night wolford was coach then.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Whynotus18 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:34 pm heard the stadium was being condemned is this true i hope so they need a new stadium.
A plan is being looked into. A $9.4 million dollar design is in the works. It will seat 11,750 and also include the adjacent land that is going to have a 3 story parking garage that will hold around 600 cars/trucks
Yes this is the ironshoe expansion! Closing in the north end adding 5000 seats. We are working closely with the Jackson county commissioners and Appalachian rural development! This may end up being a Dome community center for concerts expo.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:51 pm
GalliaGrad78 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:43 pm

Doggone, I bet the cost of parking is going up! lol :lol: :lol: :roll:
It’s being discussed. Proposed $2 as normal and $350 per County #27 tag
Lol! That's good stuff!

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:21 pm
Crab's Brother wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:45 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:22 pm

I believe you but that also doesn’t sound right. Typically around 5 different people (maintenance/custodial staff) pointing you to a recommended area. I didn’t arrive until the end of the second quarter so I just picked a spot that wasn’t really legal but not constricting traffic.
We got there 35 minutes before kickoff and never had a soul directing us. We came up the 139 side and there was no one there at all.
Did you turn right at the top to go around the backside of the school or go straight?
Went straight.

sportsdude
Waterboy

Post by sportsdude »

parking has never been a issue for me. I also saw some school employees directing you where to go. i have never known of anyone to park at the middle school.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Nicest facility in southern Ohio.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Crab's Brother wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:22 am
greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:21 pm
Crab's Brother wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:45 pm

We got there 35 minutes before kickoff and never had a soul directing us. We came up the 139 side and there was no one there at all.
Did you turn right at the top to go around the backside of the school or go straight?
Went straight.
Yeah at that point you're just parking in a parking lot that's pretty simple, if you go to the right where they typically have a sign directing you to turn right and not straight you wouldve come across ppl directing tyhe parking.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

It should be nice, they have a $15,000.00 flag pole.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Grandeur

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:14 pm Nicest facility in southern Ohio.
I thinknit is third behind Valley and Chillicothe.

Valley has great parking and awesome football facilities.
Chillicothe just has it all...great venue to watch a game. Jackson's facilities are great, but parking is terrible for the size stadium they have.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

ravensfan09 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:49 pm
CavalierAlum05 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:14 pm Nicest facility in southern Ohio.

Chillicothe just has it all...great venue to watch a game. Jackson's facilities are great, but parking is terrible for the size stadium they have.
So dumb to say Chillicothe has it all...where are you parking there? Valley can’t hold the people in the seats but has the parking. Yeah cram 8,000 in our stadium with lot across from stadium out of use due to large amounts of rain that week and yes, short on parking spots.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:30 pm

So dumb to say Chillicothe has it all...where are you parking there? Valley can’t hold the people in the seats but has the parking. Yeah cram 8,000 in our stadium with lot across from stadium out of use due to large amounts of rain that week and yes, short on parking spots.
Chillicothe has everything that Jackson has. Can't think of anything they dont have. As for parking...you can park all over town. Jackson you have to walk a mile from the old school straight up a hill. Not to mention pay for parking.

Like I said....I think Valley is number 1. Chillicothe is 2. Jackson 3. If Jackson would pave the large grass field beside the parking lot....they could move up to Chilli's level.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

ravensfan09 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:10 pm

Chillicothe has everything that Jackson has. Can't think of anything they dont have. As for parking...you can park all over town. Jackson you have to walk a mile from the old school straight up a hill. Not to mention pay for parking.

Like I said....I think Valley is number 1. Chillicothe is 2. Jackson 3. If Jackson would pave the large grass field beside the parking lot....they could move up to Chilli's level.
Chillicothe charges $3 to park . Jackson had plenty of parking . But I agree all 3 are top notch facilities .

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Way less seating and parking at the school. “You can park all over town” lol. If you are the 5,000th person to walk through the gate at Jackson you have a better parking spot than the 1,000th person through Chillicothe’s gate...but yeah I suppose you could park at Sumburger and that’s better than walking up a big hill because you weren’t one of the first 5,000 in attendance.

Chillicothe is $3 to park and Jackson is $2

Chillicothe has a great stadium but parking on city streets blocks away isn’t prime. Valley has the huge parking lot.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:57 pm

Way less seating and parking at the school. “You can park all over town” lol. If you are the 5,000th person to walk through the gate at Jackson you have a better parking spot than the 1,000th person through Chillicothe’s gate...but yeah I suppose you could park at Sumburger and that’s better than walking up a big hill because you weren’t one of the first 5,000 in attendance.

Chillicothe is $3 to park and Jackson is $2

Chillicothe has a great stadium but parking on city streets blocks away isn’t prime. Valley has the huge parking lot.
Chillicothe has no where near the concession, parking, restroom or seating that Jackson has. This is silly by some on here.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Chillicothe has turf and that’s about it. Comparing it to Jackson is laughable. I’d rather play at D6 NY than D2 Chillicothe

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

The attraction of Hernstein Field in Chillicothe is the setting. It just has an old school feel to it being on Arch Street. The upgrades to Hernstien give it the modern basic amenities. Jackson's Alumni stadium is a palace but has sterile vibes.

http://ohiostadiums.com/stadium.php?id=1876

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Omega wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:51 pm The attraction of Hernstein Field in Chillicothe is the setting. It just has an old school feel to it being on Arch Street. The upgrades to Hernstien give it the modern basic amenities. Jackson's Alumni stadium is a palace but has sterile vibes.

http://ohiostadiums.com/stadium.php?id=1876
Depends on the game. Burg’s has that small town awesome atmosphere but probably not real jamming when they are up 49-0 in the early 3rd qtr.

Alumni doesn’t have a bad seat in the house and also no track to help some with closeness but big games are far from sterile. When the opposition travels 200 people and we are up by 30....yeah, it’s quite dead

Full stadiums are almost always booming and exciting, 1/2 full ones rarely are

Return to “Football”