SEOPS Hippo

Re: Jackson Stadium

Post by Ironman92 »

Grandeur

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:14 pm Nicest facility in southern Ohio.
I thinknit is third behind Valley and Chillicothe.

Valley has great parking and awesome football facilities.
Chillicothe just has it all...great venue to watch a game. Jackson's facilities are great, but parking is terrible for the size stadium they have.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

ravensfan09 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:49 pm
CavalierAlum05 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:14 pm Nicest facility in southern Ohio.

Chillicothe just has it all...great venue to watch a game. Jackson's facilities are great, but parking is terrible for the size stadium they have.
So dumb to say Chillicothe has it all...where are you parking there? Valley can’t hold the people in the seats but has the parking. Yeah cram 8,000 in our stadium with lot across from stadium out of use due to large amounts of rain that week and yes, short on parking spots.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:30 pm

So dumb to say Chillicothe has it all...where are you parking there? Valley can’t hold the people in the seats but has the parking. Yeah cram 8,000 in our stadium with lot across from stadium out of use due to large amounts of rain that week and yes, short on parking spots.
Chillicothe has everything that Jackson has. Can't think of anything they dont have. As for parking...you can park all over town. Jackson you have to walk a mile from the old school straight up a hill. Not to mention pay for parking.

Like I said....I think Valley is number 1. Chillicothe is 2. Jackson 3. If Jackson would pave the large grass field beside the parking lot....they could move up to Chilli's level.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

ravensfan09 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:10 pm

Chillicothe has everything that Jackson has. Can't think of anything they dont have. As for parking...you can park all over town. Jackson you have to walk a mile from the old school straight up a hill. Not to mention pay for parking.

Like I said....I think Valley is number 1. Chillicothe is 2. Jackson 3. If Jackson would pave the large grass field beside the parking lot....they could move up to Chilli's level.
Chillicothe charges $3 to park . Jackson had plenty of parking . But I agree all 3 are top notch facilities .

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Way less seating and parking at the school. “You can park all over town” lol. If you are the 5,000th person to walk through the gate at Jackson you have a better parking spot than the 1,000th person through Chillicothe’s gate...but yeah I suppose you could park at Sumburger and that’s better than walking up a big hill because you weren’t one of the first 5,000 in attendance.

Chillicothe is $3 to park and Jackson is $2

Chillicothe has a great stadium but parking on city streets blocks away isn’t prime. Valley has the huge parking lot.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:57 pm

Way less seating and parking at the school. “You can park all over town” lol. If you are the 5,000th person to walk through the gate at Jackson you have a better parking spot than the 1,000th person through Chillicothe’s gate...but yeah I suppose you could park at Sumburger and that’s better than walking up a big hill because you weren’t one of the first 5,000 in attendance.

Chillicothe is $3 to park and Jackson is $2

Chillicothe has a great stadium but parking on city streets blocks away isn’t prime. Valley has the huge parking lot.
Chillicothe has no where near the concession, parking, restroom or seating that Jackson has. This is silly by some on here.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Chillicothe has turf and that’s about it. Comparing it to Jackson is laughable. I’d rather play at D6 NY than D2 Chillicothe

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

The attraction of Hernstein Field in Chillicothe is the setting. It just has an old school feel to it being on Arch Street. The upgrades to Hernstien give it the modern basic amenities. Jackson's Alumni stadium is a palace but has sterile vibes.

http://ohiostadiums.com/stadium.php?id=1876

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Omega wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:51 pm The attraction of Hernstein Field in Chillicothe is the setting. It just has an old school feel to it being on Arch Street. The upgrades to Hernstien give it the modern basic amenities. Jackson's Alumni stadium is a palace but has sterile vibes.

Depends on the game. Burg’s has that small town awesome atmosphere but probably not real jamming when they are up 49-0 in the early 3rd qtr.

Alumni doesn’t have a bad seat in the house and also no track to help some with closeness but big games are far from sterile. When the opposition travels 200 people and we are up by 30....yeah, it’s quite dead

Full stadiums are almost always booming and exciting, 1/2 full ones rarely are

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:17 pm
Omega wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:51 pm The attraction of Hernstein Field in Chillicothe is the setting. It just has an old school feel to it being on Arch Street. The upgrades to Hernstien give it the modern basic amenities. Jackson's Alumni stadium is a palace but has sterile vibes.

Depends on the game. Burg’s has that small town awesome atmosphere but probably not real jamming when they are up 49-0 in the early 3rd qtr.

Alumni doesn’t have a bad seat in the house and also no track to help some with closeness but big games are far from sterile. When the opposition travels 200 people and we are up by 30....yeah, it’s quite dead

Full stadiums are almost always booming and exciting, 1/2 full ones rarely are
Chillicothe has the best big school atmosphere for sure. Burg and Valley are really solid small school atmospheres.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Alumni stadium is hands down the crown jewel of southern Ohio . The atmosphere is very good for big games . Most of this is just hate by local programs

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Poo Bear wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:50 am Alumni stadium is hands down the crown jewel of southern Ohio . The atmosphere is very good for big games . Most of this is just hate by local programs

Couldn’t have said it any better.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

countywide35 wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:41 am
Poo Bear wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:50 am Alumni stadium is hands down the crown jewel of southern Ohio . The atmosphere is very good for big games . Most of this is just hate by local programs

It's a great stadium but the "crown Jewel" of Southeastern Ohio?
No.........

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:00 am

No.........
I’m confused it was when built, for this reason. Crown Jewel 💎 is a very fitting title. The biggest and best jewels are fitting for the crown right? The king 🤴 wears the crown and we should have a decent bid for preseason kings of SEOPS.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:00 am

No.........
Agree Orange and Brown............

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

There is a field in Athens. It’s pretty nice and Athens can use it whenever

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:19 pm

I was referring to high school fields, there is one in Columbus that puts that one in Athens to shame

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:19 pm

Never knew chit crick was that big.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

We moved the river since Logan uses it

Return to “Football”