2019 Wheelersburg Pirates

bfry
JV Team

Re: 2019 Wheelersburg Pirates

Post by bfry »

Offers for Mak from Monmouth and Saginaw Valley State.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

Hedgehog better get faster, his girlfriend can out run him in the 100 right now😁

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Hearing some really good stuff from the Burg.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

wobycat wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:07 pm Hearing some really good stuff from the Burg.
Same woby. Rumors swirling that this will be the fastest and strongest team top to bottom that Woodward has had. Sounds like a lot of work has been put in this offseason. Hopefully that effort translates to the field.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:36 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:07 pm Hearing some really good stuff from the Burg.
Same woby. Rumors swirling that this will be the fastest and strongest team top to bottom that Woodward has had. Sounds like a lot of work has been put in this offseason. Hopefully that effort translates to the field.

Burg is the class of southern Ohio. No one even close to that program. They will be favored in every game but one this season .

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

poo , what is burg's schedule.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:40 am poo , what is burg's schedule.
Aug 16 @Chillicothe (Scrimmage)
Aug 23 Granville (Scrimmage)
Aug 30 @Ironton
Sep 6 Bishop Hartley
Sep13 Ashland
Sep 20 @Greenup County
Sep 27 @Jackson
Oct 4 @Minford
Oct 11 @Oak Hill
Oct 18 Waverly
Oct 25 @Valley
Nov 1 West

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:38 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:40 am poo , what is burg's schedule.
Aug 30 @Ironton
Sep 6 Bishop Hartley
Sep13 Ashland
Sep 20 @Greenup County
Sep 27 @Jackson
Oct 4 @Minford
Oct 11 @Oak Hill
Oct 18 Waverly
Oct 25 @Valley
Nov 1 West
Bishop Hartley will be a load
Jackson and ironton won’t be a pushover
Waverly is on the rise big time

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Poo Bear wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:52 pm
Aug 30 @Ironton
Sep 6 Bishop Hartley
Sep13 Ashland
Sep 20 @Greenup County
Sep 27 @Jackson
Oct 4 @Minford
Oct 11 @Oak Hill
Oct 18 Waverly
Oct 25 @Valley
Nov 1 West
I'd say their schedule is one of the toughest, if not the toughest in southern Ohio. They will have to play some good football to win a lot of games. I'm excited to see how it plays out.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:20 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:52 pm

Aug 30 @Ironton
Sep 6 Bishop Hartley
Sep13 Ashland
Sep 20 @Greenup County
Sep 27 @Jackson
Oct 4 @Minford
Oct 11 @Oak Hill
Oct 18 Waverly
Oct 25 @Valley
Nov 1 West
I'd say their schedule is one of the toughest, if not the toughest in southern Ohio. They will have to play some good football to win a lot of games. I'm excited to see how it plays out.
💯 without a doubt the toughest

Spike
Riding the Bench

Post by Spike »

I wouldn’t say without a doubt the toughest .. Their last five games are really weak , Greenup co will field the weakest team they’ve had in the last 3-4 years and they are normally a 500 or worse team , Ashland is never a push over but they lost a bunch from last year it’s a good schedule better than a OVC team schedule but it’s not a real tough one

Spike
Riding the Bench

Post by Spike »

They play 4 teams that will having winning records this year maybe 5

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Spike wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:02 pm They play 4 teams that will having winning records this year maybe 5
So you think burg could potentially be the only team in Soc2 to have a winning record? I know it’s a different year and I have no idea what teams have returning but 4 out of the 5 of those SOC teams had winning records last year. 3 out of 5 in 17

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Spike wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:01 pm I wouldn’t say without a doubt the toughest .. Their last five games are really weak , Greenup co will field the weakest team they’ve had in the last 3-4 years and they are normally a 500 or worse team , Ashland is never a push over but they lost a bunch from last year it’s a good schedule better than a OVC team schedule but it’s not a real tough one
It’s the toughest non conference in my opinion. They can’t help the conference. Waverly probably gives them a challenge.

Of course that’s if ironton is going to be as good as they say they are. They should be.

Spike
Riding the Bench

Post by Spike »

I agree with can’t help who’s in their conference but look at Irontons non conference games .. wheelersburg, Ashland , Russell .. wheelersburg and Ironton play each other that cancels out , both teams play Ashland that cancels out wheelersburg plays Greenup Ironton plays Russell IMO Russell is better but it’s not that big of a difference so those cancel out only difference is they play heartily which ironton can’t play another non conference game Bc of how big the conference is , I believe overall wheelersburg schedule is stronger but not by much

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Spike wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:55 pm I agree with can’t help who’s in their conference but look at Irontons non conference games .. wheelersburg, Ashland , Russell .. wheelersburg and Ironton play each other that cancels out , both teams play Ashland that cancels out wheelersburg plays Greenup Ironton plays Russell IMO Russell is better but it’s not that big of a difference so those cancel out only difference is they play heartily which ironton can’t play another non conference game Bc of how big the conference is , I believe overall wheelersburg schedule is stronger but not by much
Wheelersburg also plays Jackson out of conference. So I would say Hartley/Jackson gives Burg the edge non-conference wise pretty easily. I also feel SOC2 is stronger than Ironton's conference schedule. Not sure it's as close as you think.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:13 pm
Spike wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:55 pm I agree with can’t help who’s in their conference but look at Irontons non conference games .. wheelersburg, Ashland , Russell .. wheelersburg and Ironton play each other that cancels out , both teams play Ashland that cancels out wheelersburg plays Greenup Ironton plays Russell IMO Russell is better but it’s not that big of a difference so those cancel out only difference is they play heartily which ironton can’t play another non conference game Bc of how big the conference is , I believe overall wheelersburg schedule is stronger but not by much
Wheelersburg also plays Jackson out of conference. So I would say Hartley/Jackson gives Burg the edge non-conference wise pretty easily. I also feel SOC2 is stronger than Ironton's conference schedule. Not sure it's as close as you think.
I agree
It’s not that close

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

SOC is the tougher conference
Hartley and Jackson are the 2 toughest teams on either ones schedule and they are both on burgs schedule
This isnt much of a debate in my opinion

Spike
Riding the Bench

Post by Spike »

AGAIN I said the OVC was weak and I also said wheelersburg schedule was tougher BUT their non conference schedules aren’t far apart can’t hold it against Ironton that they have to play so many conference games only thing Ironton could do is get out of the OVC but with travel I don’t see that happening

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Spike wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:48 am AGAIN I said the OVC was weak and I also said wheelersburg schedule was tougher BUT their non conference schedules aren’t far apart can’t hold it against Ironton that they have to play so many conference games only thing Ironton could do is get out of the OVC but with travel I don’t see that happening
Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t ironton get third in that weak conference. It’s no forego conclusion that ironton can win it this year. Although I believe they are the best team in the ovc. But to the argument, irontons schedule is not nearly as tough as burg but I’m one who could care less about opponents. If you’re going to be a good team, you’re going to be good no matter who you play.

Return to “Football”