2019 Wheelersburg Pirates

JTEK
All State

Re: 2019 Wheelersburg Pirates

Post by JTEK »

wobycat wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:30 am
allamericanironman wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:21 am Too many ifs for me. Your gonna have to prove you can stop the run first. If you can’t do it 6-4 is reality.
West
Ironton
Jackson
Waterson

These 4 will all be more than game next year. They will look to run first and all can compete with burg. They will be good games. Ashland too but I will give ya that one.
They literally beat all those running teams last year. Burg plays Hartley at home this year.
I think the watterson series is done

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

I could be completely wrong. You have to remember your offense won’t be respected play calling on opposing defense will be twice as aggressive if not more. Your defense will be on the field more in those 4 games than they were the whole last season combined.

I thought heath dropped. Waterson just a 1 yr deal.

Hartley not waters on even worse!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

allamericanironman wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:55 am I could be completely wrong. You have to remember your offense won’t be respected play calling on opposing defense will be twice as aggressive if not more. Your defense will be on the field more in those 4 games than they were the whole last season combined.

I disagree with you somewhat only because I look at burgs skilled kids and think they are pretty good. There may be more accountability that defenses have to account for. Holden was unique in the fact you had to play over top but I noticed defenses played one on one with the best player and took their chances. I honestly don’t think Holden played as well as he did his junior year. Just my opinion, but I think he wasn’t as motivated.

I do agree that these new kids have to prove they can be the next kid up but to speculate they can’t based on what’s leaving rather than what’s returning is kind of a stretch

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

allamericanironman wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:55 am I could be completely wrong. You have to remember your offense won’t be respected play calling on opposing defense will be twice as aggressive if not more. Your defense will be on the field more in those 4 games than they were the whole last season combined.

Heath and watterson were both home and home
Burg went 4-0

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

It will be interesting to see where horsley plays on offense because that will determine where he plays on D

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

allamericanironman wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:21 am Too many ifs for me. Your gonna have to prove you can stop the run first. If you can’t do it 6-4 is reality.
West
Ironton
Jackson
Waterson

These 4 will all be more than game next year. They will look to run first and all can compete with burg. They will be good games. Ashland too but I will give ya that one.
Nah, West is going to be down and they lose quite a bit, Burg still handles them with ease. I think that Ironton game could be a tossup, Jackson has to replace some guys but they've got some youngsters who will be a year older so we'll see how they progress could be another tossup game. Don't know anything about Waterson in what they have back. I'm still going out on a limb and saying Waverly gives Burg a heck of a game this year, taking them as my upset special SOCII winner. They lost some talent but return quite a bit plus the quarterback has a year under his belt and the Shoemaker boy will be a senior should be one of the top players in the area next year. I could see a 7-3 year as worst case possibility for Burg, more likely looking at 8-2,9-1. I think a team or 2 sneaks in and pulls off the win. Then again it's February and who knows what the heck will happen, ;)

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

greygoose wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:45 pm
West
Ironton
Jackson
Waterson

Nah, West is going to be down and they lose quite a bit, Burg still handles them with ease. I think that Ironton game could be a tossup, Jackson has to replace some guys but they've got some youngsters who will be a year older so we'll see how they progress could be another tossup game. Don't know anything about Waterson in what they have back. I'm still going out on a limb and saying Waverly gives Burg a heck of a game this year, taking them as my upset special SOCII winner. They lost some talent but return quite a bit plus the quarterback has a year under his belt and the Shoemaker boy will be a senior should be one of the top players in the area next year. I could see a 7-3 year as worst case possibility for Burg, more likely looking at 8-2,9-1. I think a team or 2 sneaks in and pulls off the win. Then again it's February and who knows what the heck will happen, ;)
Goose, I messed up it’s Hartley not Waters on! I think that means you agree with me that a 6-4 season could happen if you switch my West game with your Waverly upset. I still think burg will be able to run the ball I just don’t see them stopping much.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

allamericanironman wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:45 pm
greygoose wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:45 pm
West
Ironton
Jackson
Waterson

Goose, I messed up it’s Hartley not Waters on! I think that means you agree with me that a 6-4 season could happen if you switch my West game with your Waverly upset. I still think burg will be able to run the ball I just don’t see them stopping much.
It's quite possible then, I do think you'll see a different style of Burg offense that will feature Matthews handling the ball a lot more from a true run formation style.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Looking at the new classification will burg be in D5 this yr or D6? I know at 158 that would put us in D6 the previous classification

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:45 pm Looking at the new classification will burg be in D5 this yr or D6? I know at 158 that would put us in D6 the previous classification
CB numbers are not yet added. Burg will most likely stay DV. They would have to have a CB of less than 10 to stay DVI and that is not going to happen. CB will probably be somewhere between 20-30, maybe more.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:45 am
Mad-Dogg wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:45 pm Looking at the new classification will burg be in D5 this yr or D6? I know at 158 that would put us in D6 the previous classification
CB numbers are not yet added. Burg will most likely stay DV. They would have to have a CB of less than 10 to stay DVI and that is not going to happen. CB will probably be somewhere between 20-30, maybe more.
How exactly does CB work

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:11 pm
spider2Ybanana wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:45 am
How exactly does CB work
I'm unsure of the specifics but basically kids who live outside the district count as more than one toward the enrollment number.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Last year's CB was in the 30's...this year would have to be what 53 to bump up to D4? I would imagine the CB number will be higher than last year but I wouldn't think in the 50's.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

JTEK wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:34 am It will be interesting to see where horsley plays on offense because that will determine where he plays on D
I think Horsely will be our QB

Burg grad 85
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg younger players got a lot of playing time with some of the blowouts this year. They are now ready to step in and fill positions that Burg has lost to graduation.

Sure, Burg may not be the high powered offense we've seen the last two years but with Mathews still there and a HUGE O-line coming back, they will be tough to beat.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:03 pm Burg younger players got a lot of playing time with some of the blowouts this year. They are now ready to step in and fill positions that Burg has lost to graduation.

Sure, Burg may not be the high powered offense we've seen the last two years but with Mathews still there and a HUGE O-line coming back, they will be tough to beat.
Agree 💯

Burg is the king of southern Ohio until someone can beat them consistently.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg will be underdogs game one

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

wobycat wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:51 pm Burg will be underdogs game one
😂
Please

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

scott1297 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:44 am
JTEK wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:34 am It will be interesting to see where horsley plays on offense because that will determine where he plays on D
He may but if he does you’ll need to find a backer because he won’t be playing there

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

fbnut wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:02 am
scott1297 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:44 am
He may but if he does you’ll need to find a backer because he won’t be playing there
He will play outside but he will still play backer. They will be ok at the inside linebacker position.

http://www.burgfootball.com

Return to “Football”