The Rivalry-Rich Football of Southeastern Ohio

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: The Rivalry-Rich Football of Southeastern Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

efarns wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:32 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:00 pm
efarns wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:22 pm

Be careful what you wish for. The once proud Frontier Cougars have dropped off the face of the earth. Waterford hasn't won a football game with us since The Bush administration. I don't know why you would want to be rivals with Fort Frye. There will probably be rivers of brimstone running the streets of Nelsonville in your lifetime.
I think it will be a fun and competitive series!
I think the last time we played, you went from undefeated to getting blown off the field and dropping out of the playoffs altogether. You must hate Nelsonville if you want this to keep going.
The last time we played you we beat you on our way to a regional championship..

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:30 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:00 pm

I think it will be a fun and competitive series!
I think the last time we played, you went from undefeated to getting blown off the field and dropping out of the playoffs altogether. You must hate Nelsonville if you want this to keep going.
It's was 2017, I can't imagine you've forgotten by now :lol:

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

Like most of us, probably looking forward, not behind

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:32 pm

That is the kind of shortsighted thinking I would expect to find. Before that game, your program was rolling everybody in Southeastern Ohio. After that game, you're a losing team. Clearly, the tipping point was getting involved with Fort Frye at all. It isn't too late to back out while Nelsonville still has buidings standing.

OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

efarns wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:27 am

That is the kind of shortsighted thinking I would expect to find. Before that game, your program was rolling everybody in Southeastern Ohio. After that game, you're a losing team. Clearly, the tipping point was getting involved with Fort Frye at all. It isn't too late to back out while Nelsonville still has buidings standing.
ACTUALLY, after that game NY went on to play and beat Coal Grove for a Regional Title. I don't know what you consider a "losing team." but there was no tipping point. Kirtland was a great team and displayed it by being in the State Championship the last two years, winning it all this year, FF should know that as well. So saying that Nelsonville should back out and does not want any part of FF is extremely ignorant on your part lol You don't even know where Nelsonville is apparently as you assume all of the buildings are falling down :lol: :lol: :lol:

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

OSU22 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:37 am

ACTUALLY, after that game NY went on to play and beat Coal Grove for a Regional Title. I don't know what you consider a "losing team." but there was no tipping point. Kirtland was a great team and displayed it by being in the State Championship the last two years, winning it all this year, FF should know that as well. So saying that Nelsonville should back out and does not want any part of FF is extremely ignorant on your part lol You don't even know where Nelsonville is apparently as you assume all of the buildings are falling down :lol: :lol: :lol:
Record before Fort Frye? 11-0. Since then? 5-7. Tipping point

I clearly said that Nelsonville still has buildings standing, so I don't know what the rest of that post was about. We'll leave the movie theater and train depot for last.

OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

efarns wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:11 am

I clearly said that Nelsonville still has buildings standing, so I don't know what the rest of that post was about. We'll leave the movie theater and train depot for last.
You can't compare year to year. kids graduate, different systems are put in place. The point should have been on the year that NY beat FF. You said after that game it was the tipping point and were out of the playoffs. Well, THAT YEAR, it was not. NY won the next game, and lost the game after that. Then those kids graduated and a new year began. And you imply "While Nelsonville still has buildings standing" means that Nelsonville is falling in and that is FAR from the truth.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

OSU22 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:28 am
efarns wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:11 am

You can't compare year to year. kids graduate, different systems are put in place. The point should have been on the year that NY beat FF. You said after that game it was the tipping point and were out of the playoffs. Well, THAT YEAR, it was not. NY won the next game, and lost the game after that. Then those kids graduated and a new year began. And you imply "While Nelsonville still has buildings standing" means that Nelsonville is falling in and that is FAR from the truth.
The series hasn't started yet. I wouldn't expect pestilence to strike before the series gets started. It takes time.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

This is the kind of dumb posts I'd expect from you :lol:

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

Are you kidding me? Rusty is chomping at the bit to get another crack at the Fort, especially with all the mouth running you people have done, even after he handed it to you last time. :mrgreen:

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
efarns
S

Post by efarns »

koondoger wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:52 pm

Are you kidding me? Rusty is chomping at the bit to get another crack at the Fort, especially with all the mouth running you people have done, even after he handed it to you last time. :mrgreen:
Rusty? I don't know any "Rusty." What is it about Fort Frye that has him so riled up?

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

efarns wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:17 pm

Rusty? I don't know any "Rusty." What is it about Fort Frye that has him so riled up?
Just more fuel to the fire. Thanks for the bulletin board material. :mrgreen:

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
efarns
S

Post by efarns »

koondoger wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:01 pm
efarns wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:17 pm

Just more fuel to the fire. Thanks for the bulletin board material. :mrgreen:
You're welcome? I don't know who Rusty is, but if my writing helps your mascot or your groundskeeper or whoever do his job better, then I'm happy to help out Nelsonville-York football.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

efarns wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:07 pm Fort Frye doesn't have any rivals.
I had friends that went there. They hated Warren in basketball. I’m sure it’s Warren in basketball and Waterford in all other sports

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:14 pm
efarns wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:07 pm Fort Frye doesn't have any rivals.
I had friends that went there. They hated Warren in basketball. I’m sure it’s Warren in basketball and Waterford in all other sports
Fort Frye hasn't beaten Warren in basketball in about 20 years. There's no rivalry with Warren.

Return to “Football”