2019 SOUTHERN OHIO CONFERENCE-2 SCHEDULES

Proud_Pirate63
S

Re: 2019 SOUTHERN OHIO CONFERENCE-2 SCHEDULES

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Unless you are building a program, why would ever schedule a Club team? You mean there was no one in Ohio, KY, or WV for West to schedule other than a Club team?

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:08 am Unless you are building a program, why would ever schedule a Club team? You mean there was no one in Ohio, KY, or WV for West to schedule other than a Club team?
I understand your point of view, but every team does not have the same circumstances as the schools who make deep playoff runs almost every season. Sometimes it makes since to schedule down or in KIPP's case to schedule up. Secondary playoff points take a back seat in certain situations.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Omega wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:05 pm
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:08 am Unless you are building a program, why would ever schedule a Club team? You mean there was no one in Ohio, KY, or WV for West to schedule other than a Club team?
I understand your point of view, but every team does not have the same circumstances as the schools who make deep playoff runs almost every season. Sometimes it makes since to schedule down or in KIPP's case to schedule up. Secondary playoff points take a back seat in certain situations.

For some programs that may be true. But with West this is a step backward. You might as well only play 9 games since there are ZERO points awarded for beating a club team.

jgrlzz
Freshman Team

Post by jgrlzz »

According to last year's stats on Joe Eitel, it appears the OHSAA teams that defeated KIPP received bonus points. Was he wrong?

nctabulator
Riding the Bench

Post by nctabulator »

The original plan was to not be part of OHSAA, but looks like they are not technically a club team, since they are all attending the same school. They didn't meet the 8 game requirement, either.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

jgrlzz wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:55 pm According to last year's stats on Joe Eitel, it appears the OHSAA teams that defeated KIPP received bonus points. Was he wrong?
I stand corrected. I thought they were a club team. I looked on Joe Eitel after reading your post and saw their 6 game schedule. They might as well be a club team. Lol.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

West should’ve at least taken anyone for that club game, sure it’d look better to have played a DVI DVII school than a club

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process

Return to “Football”